• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

LG, DE, OLB

Every day I come in here hoping to see some news about one of these positions, and every day there is nothing. Occasionally they'll bring in a 2nd rate and/or over-the-hill FA, but they don't sign them anyway (not that signing Jason Babin would help, but still....).

Signing TO is great, but it won't matter if we can't protect Trent or keep people from scoring. This team is still looking at a .500 or worse season if they can't plug these holes. The lack of progress on these obvious trouble spots is disturbing.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Re: LG, DE, OLB

Its a long time till september

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

I still think that Waters trade is gonna happen, we'll draft a LB in the draft, and I think they're happy with Schobel.
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by venis2k1
        Its a long time till september
        well options are running out quickly. Between Dockery, Fowler, Preston and Whittle, we've lost 3 interior OL and only signed one. Where are we going to find another starter and depth that's better than what we had at this point?

Once again, they'll be depending on 2nd tier FA's and rookies to fill gaping holes, and it won't work. It never has and it never will.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23
          I still think that Waters trade is gonna happen, we'll draft a LB in the draft, and I think they're happy with Schobel.
          Well I don't think they should be happy with Schobel because he's having problems staying on the field, and hasn't been that effective when he is there. But I wouldn't mind keeping Schobel if we could get someone who can rush the passer opposite him and open things up a little. Kelsay and Denney are both back-ups.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

The biggest thing that would benefit the Bills would be for Schobel to live up to his contract. Pressure on the QB would benefit everyone on defense.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Every day I come in here hoping to see some news about one of these positions, and every day there is nothing. Occasionally they'll bring in a 2nd rate and/or over-the-hill FA, but they don't sign them anyway (not that signing Jason Babin would help, but still....).

Signing TO is great, but it won't matter if we can't protect Trent or keep people from scoring. This team is still looking at a .500 or worse season if they can't plug these holes. The lack of progress on these obvious trouble spots is disturbing.
              SAme here. I think they are hoping another player will like TO will get cut at those positions. I hope they don't think that they can address those positions via the draft and expect rookies to come in and make huge impacts in their first year.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DrGraves
                • Mar 2008

No we are drafting a DE. Please God tell me we are drafting a DE.

Comment

• TedMock
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DrGraves
                  No we are drafting a DE. Please God tell me we are drafting a DE.
                  We are. Just not in round 1 - unless, of course, we trade down.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                    • Feb 2005

well options are running out quickly. Between Dockery, Fowler, Preston and Whittle, we've lost 3 interior OL and only signed one. Where are we going to find another starter and depth that's better than what we had at this point?

Once again, they'll be depending on 2nd tier FA's and rookies to fill gaping holes, and it won't work. It never has and it never will.
                    Fowler and Whittle are easy replaceable, and I'm actually glad we haven't re-signed them.

I'm curious as to why Preston hasen't been re-signed as depth. He's not that good, but certainly better than Fowler / Whittle, and adequate depth-wise.

This team better expect to find a starting LG / C in the draft, and some more depth in the later rounds. I wonder who's still out there. Maybe they are waiting for Simmons's asking price to go down, or are still working out a trade for Waters?

I really want Orakpo in the 1st round, but trading down (thus missing out on Orakpo) and picking up an extra 2nd could ultimately be the best decision.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

I don't see how a rookie could not easily replace Ellison.

I feel we go LB, DE, TE (in that order) in the draft. That means the Bills need to get moving to find some more OL before the draft. If a capable starting TE or LB could be made before (which I doubt), the draft would help us in getting some reserve OL. Either way, I think we have to find a starting G outside of the draft. There's too much at risk on offense to plug a rookie in there.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

there is still 2 really good starting guards available in free agency, mike goff and kendall simmons (coming off injury and already visited), they could have either one easily, they obviously are working on something.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                          only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                          • Feb 2008

Most likely June or Keiho will be here. There is no DE in FA, and there are 3 Guards/Centers we are targeting. Simmons, Bentley, and Waters.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mitchell59
                            Most likely June or Keiho will be here. There is no DE in FA, and there are 3 Guards/Centers we are targeting. Simmons, Bentley, and Waters.
                            June is well past his prime. Keiaho is better than Ellison, but not by much. Both of those guys would be a good start, but neither are the answer.

"Targeting" and "obtaining" are two different things. Get someone here NOW.

As far as DE, no new DE=no pass rush=DB's 10 yards off the LOS=same results as last year. It's probably our biggest need right now. You may be correct in that there is no one available who would help, but that doesn't change the fact that this team needs one and will struggle without an upgrade at that position.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

As much as I think these are holes (and have said as much), signing Simmons and June or Keiaho (or Derrick Brooks) would help 2 of those 3.

As for DE, there was no real help in free agency. In a dream world, Orakpo falls to 11. More likely the Bills reach for Ayers or Johnson, trade up for one of the two late in the first or get lucky and get one of the two in the 2nd.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X