PDA

View Full Version : Russ Brandon on live 103.3 Edge Local Buffalo Radio

bigbub2352
03-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Russ, said that we havent made the playoffs for 9 years and he said at the end of the year that it was a no brainer to go after TO
Russ said he likes the comments made by Trent Edwards saying that they are sick of sitting home in january and febuary and they are looking to improve the team is the main goal and get over the hump.

On the Jason Peters Siutation said that they have constant dialogue with his agent and contract perposals and it is a long term deal they want to strike and feeling is mutual but could be lengthy process

They are looking to improve the football team and that is why they are bringing in vet RBs, he said there is 444 FAs this year and they approach it like the draft and to add talent to the RBs but they like OMOn and Hall

He said not concerned about the Lynch situation and expects the young RBs to emerge and it is about adding talent to the roster

On the LBer situation they again are just bringing in talent and want to improve the football team, also that it is an on going process with this group mentioned who they brought in June, Keiaho, and Peterson and Thomas and there is on going interest with them

Asked about Hardy giving up 81 to TO and he said he will leave i up to them...
not much in any new guys coming in and nothing really new on FAs who came thru
enjoy ladies and gentleman

ddaryl
03-10-2009, 02:37 PM
not much to bite into... pretty much exactly what we already know

Ed
03-10-2009, 02:43 PM
When you say not concerned, does that mean he thinks Lynch won't get suspended?

jimbohastle51
03-10-2009, 02:51 PM
i have been saything this for over a week now, and as any of you know that have been reading my posts from over the past 4+ years knows that i am not a person to say "my source says" but i do actually have it on reasonably good word that the Bills want a certain USC MLB in the draft. yes, thats right rey mauluga. now i am not saying "oh the bills are going to draft him and thats that" but the draft is not a guaranteed proccess, someone could jump over us, he could be gone before we picks, who knows?? i just want to pass that info on to you guys and take it for what it is worth, but in my opinion if we can get him, our first round pick with the #11 pick is going to be rey mauluga.

Mudflap1
03-10-2009, 02:54 PM
i have been saything this for over a week now, and as any of you know that have been reading my posts from over the past 4+ years knows that i am not a person to say "my source says" but i do actually have it on reasonably good word that the Bills want a certain USC MLB in the draft. yes, thats right rey mauluga. now i am not saying "oh the bills are going to draft him and thats that" but the draft is not a guaranteed proccess, someone could jump over us, he could be gone before we picks, who knows?? i just want to pass that info on to you guys and take it for what it is worth, but in my opinion if we can get him, our first round pick with the #11 pick is going to be rey mauluga.

POZ to the outside then? Would a Keiaho-type signing be just for depth then?

bigbub2352
03-10-2009, 02:54 PM
hope ur right cause i think he changes our D i want to draft him at 11 all day

but if we do we better sign a vet TE and draft one in rd 3 after we draft a DE in rd 2, rd 4 u gotta go Center/G
Rd 5 DT
Rd 6 OLine
Rd 7 BPA

Ed
03-10-2009, 02:55 PM
I would hope that we would try and at least trade down a little bit first.

bigbub2352
03-10-2009, 02:55 PM
When you say not concerned, does that mean he thinks Lynch won't get suspended?

Dont know what he ment, that is what he said, that they werent concerned about the Lynch issue and want to add talent

The Juice Is Loose
03-10-2009, 03:15 PM
mauluga had a horrible combine

he's slow and weak

plus he's gotten in trouble.

if the bills draft him, its not at 11

jimbohastle51
03-10-2009, 03:21 PM
I would hope that we would try and at least trade down a little bit first.

now i am not saying that we wouldnt explore all options at 11. if a AWESOME deal presented itself then hey you take it and trade down, as i said in my post the draft nothing in the draft is guaranteed. its like a rodeo, you get on the bull and have no clue each buck where you are going to go. each pick can take you in a different direction but i stand by my post that i think if we stay at 11 a USC LB is going to be our pick.

mayotm
03-10-2009, 03:23 PM

he's slow and weak

if the bills draft him, its not at 11I don't know what the Bills will do with the 11th pick. But, whoever they pick, I hope it's mostly based on what they've done on the field, versus combine and workout performances.

jimbohastle51
03-10-2009, 03:24 PM
POZ to the outside then? Would a Keiaho-type signing be just for depth then?

now i never said poz to the outside :) what is reys best attributes besides leadership? read and reacting! he is a zone coverage prototypical LB. POZ or Mauluga could easily move outside, the pick would present the bills with a great problem to have :) which stud do we put outside :), remember the rose bowl against illinios, mauluga had to picks playing in his zone, he is a read and react machine for cover D :)

DrGraves
03-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Poz needs to go to OLB... i love him but he doesn't belong in the middle.

jimbohastle51
03-10-2009, 03:29 PM

he's slow and weak

if the bills draft him, its not at 11

LOL poz had a horrible combine, that is why he slipped all the way out of the first round. we dont need rey to be a workout warrior, we need him to be a leader and a LB that drops back into coverage and makes plays, and that is what he does best. he averaged around 80 tackles and 1 INT a season for 4 years and that is in 13 games, add 3 more to that and you have a guy that gets consistantly over 100 tackles a year and probably 3 picks a year (he had 2 his senior year and one he took for a TD)

bigbub2352
03-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Combine means very little to me it is what the football player looks like on the feild
Rey looks like a beast in the games i seen him play in as well as the all star game kid makes plays all day
football speed is not necessarly timed speed
its all about instincts

LifetimeBillsFan
03-10-2009, 03:46 PM
As I recall, a couple of years ago, a MLB came out of USC who also wasn't very fast and wasn't nearly as good in college as Maualuga--his name was Tatupu.

He turned out to be a pretty good NFL LB. Even though he had a poor Senior Bowl week and didn't do that well at The Combine before he hurt himself, Maualuga showed that he has the instincts to play the game well and the potential to be a real beast in the NFL.

While I would like to see the Bills take a DE at # 11, I could see them taking Maualuga there if things fall a certain way. But, a lot will depend on how things go with the first 10 picks of the draft.

This is a bit of a strange draft because there could be runs on a couple of different positions in the first round and there is no way of telling when a run on one of these positions may start. As a result, there may be opportunities for the Bills to trade down out of the 11th pick or to draft a player that they didn't expect would be available when they make their pick.

If they think that Chris Ellis has developed to where he can be a force at DE this season and that Aaron Schobel will be able to return to his previous form after his injury, I could see the Bills deciding not to draft a DE if they stay at # 11. Maualuga, Posluzny and Mitchell, with Ellison and DiGiorgio as reserves, would give them a pretty formidable LB corps.

Who knows, it might happen.