PDA

View Full Version : Edwards says he likes TO’s attitude

shelby
03-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Sounds like Trent is ready to sac up.

If signing Terrell Owens means adding a heaping dose of attitude to the team and makes the atmosphere at One Bills Drive more demanding, then bring it on, says Trent Edwards.
Edwards said Monday he’s not worried about being criticized by Owens or about Owens’ at times rocky relationships with past quarterbacks.
“The thing I like about him, and what I think that all stems from, is him wanting to win,” Edwards said. “That’s something I’m going to keep in mind. I spoke with him briefly on the phone and told him that. I don’t want to sit home in January. I don’t want to sit home in February. I want to play football. I want to be out there in the playoffs. I want to take this team to that level. I know he’s taken those teams that he’s played for in the past to that level, and I’m hoping I can do the same.”
Entering his second season as the Bills’ starter, Edwards is eager to see the Bills’ attack, which ranked 25th last season, take a big leap forward.
“On the field obviously, he’s going to create and need a lot of attention by the defense, and that’s going to take a lot of pressure off Lee, take a lot of pressure off our other backs and tight ends,” Edwards said.
But Edwards thinks Owens’ personality, which has been the subject of a lot of criticism, can be a positive for the Bills.
“I think he’s going to help a lot just in terms of raising our competitive level off the field, too,” Edwards said. “He’s going to make guys work in the offseason, make guys work in the weight room and the film room, and I’m anxious to get started here. That’s why I’m here kind of early, I want to get going. The buzz and the excitement here is making me kind of get back in football mode.”
Edwards pushed up his return to work at One Bills Drive by at least a week in the wake of the big deal.

more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/602768.html)

ddaryl
03-10-2009, 03:17 PM
TO work ethic and desire to win is underrated, and missing in Buffalo...

I never liked his prima-donna attitude, but here in Buffalo he will be a breath of fresh air...

Losman4Life
03-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Edwards is a walking injury pansy....give me some JP to TO baby!!!

TonyBlack
03-10-2009, 06:04 PM

JP? are u serious, he not even in buffalo radar, geez. but i think owens signin will make trent better, on my opinion.

mayotm
03-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Edwards is a walking injury pansy....give me some JP to TO baby!!!Go away clown!

rcd333
03-10-2009, 06:15 PM

yea to bad he was immediatly scooped up right at the start of free agency .... o yeah thats right, whats he doing right now??