PDA

View Full Version : Are the Pats afraid?

Al the Bills Fan
03-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Just signed their second CB in 2 days, Your thoughts?

realdealryan
03-10-2009, 03:46 PM
They lack depth at CB?

ddaryl
03-10-2009, 03:46 PM
I seriously doubt the Pats are afraid of Buffalo... they may be intruiged, but there not afraid

Mudflap1
03-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Afraid of winning by 14 instead of 24 perhaps...

Al the Bills Fan
03-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Shaun Springs is used to playing against T.O. due to the fact that they were in the same division last year. That didn't play any part in the Pats decision?

Mudflap1
03-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Considering Springs was signed BEFORE the news even broke about T.O. coming to town, no.

Oldbillsfan
03-10-2009, 03:50 PM
The Pats are afraid they may need to practice before playing the Bills next season.

SquishDaFish
03-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Exactly they visited and signed Springs before TO even become a thought in Buffalo. Maybe Buffalo got TO to counteract the Springs move? Seeing Springs wasnt really able to stop him before???

DrGraves
03-10-2009, 03:51 PM
hahaha mudflap and oldbills fan... great responses!!!

Al the Bills Fan
03-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Considering Springs was signed BEFORE the news even broke about T.O. coming to town, no.

My bad, thought TO signed first.

Mudflap1
03-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Exactly they visited and signed Springs before TO even become a thought in Buffalo. Maybe Buffalo got TO to counteract the Springs move? Seeing Springs wasnt really able to stop him before???

Springs prides himself on being the T.O.-stopper. We'll see I guess.

Al the Bills Fan
03-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Springs prides himself on being the T.O.-stopper. We'll see I guess.

Should be interesting

Jan Reimers
03-10-2009, 03:55 PM
And added another stealthy video guy.

Oaf
03-10-2009, 03:58 PM
I saw that Springs has been known to shut TO down.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-10-2009, 04:25 PM
The Pats just signed Leigh Bodden according to ProFootballTalk: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/10/pats-pick-up-bodden/

Adding Springs and Bodden, do you think that maybe the Pats, who don't usually put a lot of money into the CB position, are trying to prepare for dealing with Evans and Owens?

Well, now, it just might appear so.

Meanwhile, the Baltimore Ravens North...um, I mean the New York Jets apparently have brought in former Raven DE Marques Douglas for a visit according to the same source. And they are being strongly urged by some in the NYC area media to try to sign Torry Holt if he is released by the Rams.

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2009, 04:26 PM
No they aren't afraid.

tat2dmike77
03-10-2009, 04:28 PM
What a shock the Jets throwing money around still. It has worked out for them so far.

I hope Brady gets hurt again.

mybills
03-10-2009, 04:32 PM
I saw that Springs has been known to shut TO down.
Good..Trent will fake to him and we'll all watch Lee run into the end zone with it! :up:

HHURRICANE
03-10-2009, 04:34 PM
The idea that Bellichek is concerned about the Bills is laughable.

We still have Schobel and Kelsay giving Brady 7 seconds to pick apart our defense.

jimbohastle51
03-10-2009, 05:13 PM
honestly it isnt that they are affraid its that they know we are going to be a dominant passing team, and with camarillo and bess coming into there own and the jets still have cotchery and chansi stuckey (who was a nice slot guy for them last year, they know they cant rely on just merriwheather back there. until they signed springs and bodden, who was there secondary?? ellis hobbs, brandon merriwheather, james sanders and??? they have a horrible secondary and they know it. not too mention springs is always injured and bodden got smoke all season last year in detroit. i mean he was horrible (he was decent with the browns though).

jimbohastle51
03-10-2009, 05:14 PM
nothing about the pats defense scares me anymore besides there front 3 and jarrod mayo. thomas, brushci are old, there secondary is wreched, but there front 3 with wilfork, seymour, and green is awesome for a 3-4

Losman4Life
03-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I don't see why they would be afraid of considering we don't have a QB to get the ball downfield into TO's hands anyway.

justasportsfan
03-10-2009, 08:56 PM
The way to beat the Pats is to get to Brady. Signing TO didn't do that unless TO can play DE.

In case you forgot the pats beat the cards and we're not even as good as the cards even after signing TO.

Ickybaluky
03-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Adding Springs and Bodden, do you think that maybe the Pats, who don't usually put a lot of money into the CB position, are trying to prepare for dealing with Evans and Owens?

Well, Springs signed before Owens was ever thought to end up in Buffalo. Plus, they had Bodden in for a visit back on Feb 27th, so it has been in the works for a while. He signed for the veteran minimum ($750K), so I guess it holds true they don't invest big money in CB.

Ickybaluky
03-10-2009, 09:19 PM
nothing about the pats defense scares me anymore besides there front 3 and jarrod mayo. thomas, brushci are old, there secondary is wreched, but there front 3 with wilfork, seymour, and green is awesome for a 3-4

I got to tell you, I find it difficult to take your posts seriously after that whole American Idol thing.

Commissioner
03-10-2009, 09:35 PM
The Pats aren't afraid... they are doing what they always do.

They stay prepared.

jimbohastle51
03-10-2009, 09:41 PM
I got to tell you, I find it difficult to take your posts seriously after that whole American Idol thing.

i was being sarcastic about anoop bro! but not taking my posts seriously because of a tv show that has nothing to do with football, shows how much efforts you put into your thoughts for your posts :) "hhhmmm that guy liked that anoop guy from american idol, huh well, huh i guess i wont read his post" LOL!!

dplus47
03-10-2009, 09:42 PM
bodden only signed a one year deal for the minimum. i thought he was going to cash in. maybe he isn't fully healthy?

dplus47
03-10-2009, 09:43 PM
the phins are so unafraid they're not even going to use more than one corner. will allen is enough!

i kid.

and no, i don't think the pats are afraid of anybody. really.

jimbohastle51
03-10-2009, 09:46 PM
bodden only signed a one year deal for the minimum. i thought he was going to cash in. maybe he isn't fully healthy?

its not that he isnt healthy, its that he was horrible last year, and no one wanted him so he took the only offer out there. when a guy takes the minimum its usually because thats the only offer he has, or it could have been like .25 cents to play for the raiders?? or .15 cents to play for the pats?? at least you would have a shot at winning some games.

DynaPaul
03-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I can say honestly that I believe the Pats aren't afraid at all. We still have much to prove as a team. Plus we need solid lines instead of more skill players.

LtFinFan66
03-11-2009, 01:25 AM
Just signed their second CB in 2 days, Your thoughts?no they aren't scared

Ickybaluky
03-11-2009, 04:08 AM
i was being sarcastic about anoop bro! but not taking my posts seriously because of a tv show that has nothing to do with football, shows how much efforts you put into your thoughts for your posts :) "hhhmmm that guy liked that anoop guy from american idol, huh well, huh i guess i wont read his post" LOL!!

I was just busting your chops.

ALL D
03-11-2009, 05:48 AM
I usually don't put the Bills down but Belicheck could outcoach D. Jauron with a high school team... Jauron reminds me of Henry Winkler in The Waterboy... He is truly starstruck by Belicheck... Next time they play each other, look at the smirk on Belichecks face when he throws some trick play against Jauron...

Mahdi
03-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Actually,

TO signed first, then the Pats signed Springs. Springs may have been talking to the Pats before we were talking to TO but TO was the first to sign.

To answer the question, the Pats aren't afraid but they are trying to counter our signing of Owens to ensure they aren't short-handed when they play us.

Actually im wrong... Springs was first.

TedMock
03-11-2009, 08:29 AM
No.

Ickybaluky
03-11-2009, 09:17 AM
To answer the question, the Pats aren't afraid but they are trying to counter our signing of Owens to ensure they aren't short-handed when they play us.

Last year, only the Arizona Cardinals gave up more TD passes than the Pats. Only Jacksonville gave up more completions of 40 yards or more. The Pats were last in the league in 2008 in surrending a conversion on 3rd and 10 or more.

It was pretty clear, given those facts, the Pats were going to attempt to upgrade their pass rush and secondary this offseason. They need to improve their team speed on defense. That was true before the Bills signed TO and it is still true.

realdealryan
03-11-2009, 09:25 AM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j156/realdealryan/c8dbd951.jpg

Yeah, afraid.

Mahdi
03-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Last year, only the Arizona Cardinals gave up more TD passes than the Pats. Only Jacksonville gave up more completions of 40 yards or more. The Pats were last in the league in 2008 in surrending a conversion on 3rd and 10 or more.

It was pretty clear, given those facts, the Pats were going to attempt to upgrade their pass rush and secondary this offseason. They need to improve their team speed on defense. That was true before the Bills signed TO and it is still true.
I agree for sure... but I still think TO had something to do with the Bodden signing.

You guys already have Hobbs and you drafted Wheatley so it looks to me that a second vet CB with great size 6'1 193 was brought in to ensure you can deal with Buffalo's entire WR corp. Not just Owens.

IMO the Pats were deciding between Springs and Bodden and after the TO signing decided on both.

Ickybaluky
03-11-2009, 11:52 AM
I agree for sure... but I still think TO had something to do with the Bodden signing.

You guys already have Hobbs and you drafted Wheatley so it looks to me that a second vet CB with great size 6'1 193 was brought in to ensure you can deal with Buffalo's entire WR corp. Not just Owens.

IMO the Pats were deciding between Springs and Bodden and after the TO signing decided on both.

Not according to Bodden. He says they have been negotiating since his visit and he was hoping for a long-term commitment. When they couldn't agree on a long-term deal, he took the short-term option, which contains a franchise prohibition and he still hopes for a long-term deal down the road.

I understand TO makes the Bills offense better, but independent of that the Pats were due for defensive upgrades. The Springs and Bodden moves were made to make them better, not in response to a move made by any other team. They needed those guys, TO or no TO.