PDA

View Full Version : Would L.T. Would be a Good Fit in Buffalo?

raphael120
03-10-2009, 04:42 PM
http://www.faniq.com/blog.php?id=20363&page=2

With the recent and surprising addition of Terrell Owens to Buffalo coupled with the nose for trouble that current RB Marshawn Lynch seems to have, the Bills could prove very fitting suitors for the services of L.T.

DrGraves
03-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Marshawn, LT, Evans, T.O.

oohhh, ooohhh, OHHHH, OHHHHHH!!!!... does anyone have any tissues???

Mudflap1
03-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Lynch, No. 1 pick, and Posluszny for L.T. and Merriman...

Okay, nap time's over...

venis2k1
03-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Lynch > LT.

There is a reason SD Franchised Sproles, and its not cause they wanted the best 1-2 RB punch in the NFL.

Philagape
03-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Lynch > LT.

There is a reason SD Franchised Sproles, and its not cause they wanted the best 1-2 RB punch in the NFL.

Agreed. I'd rather have Lynch for 12 games than an over-the-hill LT for 16 (and 16 isn't likely)

Mski
03-10-2009, 05:11 PM
it sounds more and more like he's going to push for his release, i wouldnt mind bringing him in here, and teaching lynch and jackson a thing or two about hitting holes, and finding seams

Mr. Pink
03-10-2009, 05:16 PM
:rofl: at anyone in this thread who thinks Lynch is better than LT.

2007 - 315 1474 15 4.7 60 catches
2008 - 292 1110 11 3.8 52 catches

Lynch

2007 - 280 1115 7 4.0 15 catches
2008 - 250 1036 8 4.1 47 catches

How many games LT hasn't played in in his entire career? 1
Lynch's past two seasons? 4

Just because a guy wears a Bills jersey doesn't mean he's awesome.

casdhf
03-10-2009, 05:28 PM
3.8 YPC is garbage.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Agreed. I'd rather have Lynch for 12 games than an over-the-hill LT for 16 (and 16 isn't likely)
HAHA LT Is not over the buddy

SoCalBillsFan
03-10-2009, 05:37 PM
The YPC of 3.8 isn't good - but in his defense, having watched nearly every charger game, the OL was HORRIBLE...

Mski
03-10-2009, 05:39 PM
The YPC of 3.8 isn't good - but in his defense, having watched nearly every charger game, the OL was HORRIBLE... so was buffalo's

sdbillsfan2
03-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Word around town (ie: local sports junkies) here in San Diego is Drew Brees is pushing hard to team up with LT again but in N.O. this time. It's a good situation for both of them.

Mr. Pink
03-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Lynch isn't even as good as Jackson....

Jackson's YPC over the past two seasons is 1/2 a yard higher than Run to contact Lynch.

But we don't wanna talk about the fact that Lynch isn't even the best RB in our own backfield let alone anywhere near top 10 in the league.

Stone Hands Inch isn't as much of a threat as a receiving weapon as LT, doesn't block as well as LT, but in Marshawn's defense or blasphemy, half of us on this board probably could block better than him. LT is a superstar and potential future HOFer...Lynch? An average NFL RB.

Philagape
03-10-2009, 05:46 PM
:rofl: at anyone in this thread who thinks Lynch is better than LT.

2007 - 315 1474 15 4.7 60 catches
2008 - 292 1110 11 3.8 52 catches

Lynch

2007 - 280 1115 7 4.0 15 catches
2008 - 250 1036 8 4.1 47 catches

How many games LT hasn't played in in his entire career? 1
Lynch's past two seasons? 4

Just because a guy wears a Bills jersey doesn't mean he's awesome.

LT might as well have missed many games last year with his bum toe, which made him useless.
Now that he'll be 30 in June, the fact that he hasn't missed games is exactly why now's the time he'll start to break down, and he already has.
He has 3,167 career touches, just 182 less than Thurman Thomas had in his whole career.
He's reached the wall, so what he's done before now is irrelevant.

A lot of HOF backs were average in their later years

TonyBlack
03-10-2009, 06:00 PM
i would trade for him, maybe fred jackson and 2round pick and maybe 3rd and some cash.

Mski
03-10-2009, 06:11 PM
i would trade for him, maybe fred jackson and 2round pick and maybe 3rd and some cash. this isnt MLB

justasportsfan
03-10-2009, 07:58 PM
LT's been injured . The only thing Lynch has over LT is youth.

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2009, 08:16 PM
LT is one of the best RBs ever but is nearing the end. He is still definitely better than Lynch but for how much longer.

clumping platelets
03-10-2009, 08:28 PM
No thanks.............LT is on a downturn

I also wouldn't use Jackson in a trade.....I prefer to dump Lynch

trapezeus
03-10-2009, 08:47 PM
LT's been injured . The only thing Lynch has over LT is youth.

at this stage of LT's career, that's a pretty big thing to have over someone in the RB position. LT has been run a lot over the years in SD...he is slowing down. We saw that last year with the injuries, and we saw him in a championship game on the road, sit it out.

I'm not questioning his heart. but i am questioning if he still has it to fight through anything and everything.

if he goes to any team, he'll command a price much higher than the production he'll give them.

That's my opinion and know that it's a 50/50 when trying to guess when a player is done

justasportsfan
03-10-2009, 08:49 PM
at this stage of LT's career, that's a pretty big thing to have over someone in the RB position. LT has been run a lot over the years in SD...he is slowing down. We saw that last year with the injuries, and we saw him in a championship game on the road, sit it out.

I'm not questioning his heart. but i am questioning if he still has it to fight through anything and everything.

if he goes to any team, he'll command a price much higher than the production he'll give them.

That's my opinion and know that it's a 50/50 when trying to guess when a player is done

Yeah but how long before Lynch does something else stupid ? Lynch time here is also ticking . He's one more strike away from people wanting his head on a platter if it isn't already happening.

LT is a better receiver for Trent as well. I think Jackson would complement LT and LT could mentor Jackson better than Lynch could.

Mad Bomber
03-10-2009, 08:55 PM
it sounds more and more like he's going to push for his release, i wouldnt mind bringing him in here, and teaching lynch and jackson a thing or two about hitting holes, and finding seams
You are right, Mski....
Freddie knows how to hit the holes...he can find the seams....very much like Thurman Thomas could....he squeaks through those things like ML never will. ML likes to run TO contact. Freddy likes to run away from it, but when he gets hit he still keeps riunning. I LOVE this guy!

B-DON
03-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Lt just re did his deal. stayin with san diego.

Sources: Tomlinson to stay with Chargers

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlRHHxpacC34GXjgM3ZR_FU5nYcB?slug=jc-ltstayingwithchargers031009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

mysticsoto
03-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Lt just re did his deal. stayin with san diego.

Sources: Tomlinson to stay with Chargers

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlRHHxpacC34GXjgM3ZR_FU5nYcB?slug=jc-ltstayingwithchargers031009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

This was a no-brainer to happen. But even if he were available, LT wanted money - which is why this whole thing happened - b'cse he wouldn't take a pay cut and would not accept Sproles making more than him. Were Buffalo to want his services, he would be extremely expensive to carry alongside TO's new contract and redoing Peters and trying to sign a LB and LG. Definitely too expensive to be a 3rd down back which would mean we'd have to give Lynch or Jackson away. That doesn't fit with the philosophy of the team attempting to get younger and develop within. TO is the only exception to this rule they've been sticking to, and only b'cse he has monumental talent despite his age and still better than anything we had to play the position...

I like LT, but it wouldn't be feasible to have him on the team...

Bulldog
03-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Just don't understand the love fest with Lynch. The guy is average at best. And apparently not too bright. Call me crazy, but I think Fred Jackson is the better all around RB.

yordad
03-10-2009, 10:17 PM
What the.....

See what signing T.O. does? Dang, that was some strange speculating going on there.

topher180
03-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Moot point. He agreed to the restructured deal.

venis2k1
03-10-2009, 11:40 PM
The only thing Adrian Peterson has over Shaun Alexander is youth. :rolleyes:

SeatownBillsFan21
03-10-2009, 11:59 PM
I disagree SA avoids contact at all cost All DAY will run you the F**** Over your so very wrong about this watched dude play since he took over for waters Shaun is a bum and when all said and done AD will have the #s to prove that.

venis2k1
03-11-2009, 12:29 AM
I disagree SA avoids contact at all cost All DAY will run you the F**** Over your so very wrong about this watched dude play since he took over for waters Shaun is a bum and when all said and done AD will have the #s to prove that.

My post was intended as a satire of a previous post by justa stating that "The only thing Lynch has over LT is youth." I understand your point, and realize that Lynch and AD really have no business being in the same sentence together, unless its like "I really wish Lynch was more like AD". But i disagree about Shaun Alexander being a "bum". 1880 yards 5.1 ypc 28 TDs in 2005. Not too many Bums...or HOFers could put up a season like that. I mean 28 Fricken TDs!!! Lynch had 7 last year.

psubills62
03-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Yeah, let's trade one of our best all-around weapons on offense for a declining RB. No thanks.

trapezeus
03-11-2009, 09:21 AM
i realize LT resigned with the chargers, but i'd like to just point out that i don't think the bills should be getting players "for a final run" when they aren't even close to being a playoff team. Signing an LT type player would be that kind of signing. It would be as an effort to push us through.

We do need some core playes first that we believe in. And we have none.
1. DE - aging (schobel) and useless (denney and kelsay)
2. LB - Nothing to write home about
3. QB - still trying to see if we finally got it right
4. RB- possibly, but ML is one strike away from us drafting an RB again
5. WR - one year fix...it may not work.
6. OL- only peters, but the line has still not gelled
7 TE - Nothing

We need at least half that list to have viable players who really contribute and we envsion in a bills uniform for 3-5 years before we go getting "final piece" players.

Philagape
03-11-2009, 09:35 AM
i realize LT resigned with the chargers, but i'd like to just point out that i don't think the bills should be getting players "for a final run" when they aren't even close to being a playoff team. Signing an LT type player would be that kind of signing. It would be as an effort to push us through.

We do need some core playes first that we believe in. And we have none.
1. DE - aging (schobel) and useless (denney and kelsay)
2. LB - Nothing to write home about
3. QB - still trying to see if we finally got it right
4. RB- possibly, but ML is one strike away from us drafting an RB again
5. WR - one year fix...it may not work.
6. OL- only peters, but the line has still not gelled
7 TE - Nothing

We need at least half that list to have viable players who really contribute and we envsion in a bills uniform for 3-5 years before we go getting "final piece" players.

Normally I'd agree, but with one year of TO, let's make it a balls-out year and go all in while we have him.
But not worn-out RBs on the wrong side of 30.

Jan Reimers
03-11-2009, 09:35 AM
LT is in serious decline.

justasportsfan
03-11-2009, 09:43 AM
you can't compare Peterson to Lynch.NO conest . Even I would take Adrian over LT.

justasportsfan
03-11-2009, 09:43 AM
LT is in serious decline.

Looks like Lynch is too off the field.