• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

News/Rumors I have including this "Cutler thing"

And I put it all in as part of a NFL free agent/whispers column:

Choose a memorable domain name. Professional, friendly customer support. Start using your domain right away.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: News/Rumors I have including this "Cutler thing"

Translation: one big FA move and then it's the same old half-assed **** by Buffalo's FO.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• dasaybz
      • Apr 2005

I have no idea where you came up with that translation.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
        • Feb 2009

Translation: one big FA move and then it's the same old half-assed **** by Buffalo's FO.
        Please stop this crap. You can get every big name free agent out there. They found good depth in Florance and Fitzpatrick and Hangartner is an upgrade. There's no doubt in my mind too, that Cato will be a Bill.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by dasaybz
          I have no idea where you came up with that translation.
          Not going after Peppers. Not going after Gonzo. We have positions of need and there are very talented players out there whom the Bills are ignoring.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Coach Sal
            And I put it all in as part of a NFL free agent/whispers column:

http://www.salsports.com/NFLWhispers.htm
            Thanks Sal.

I, for one, am not sold on Cutler. I am not sold on Edwards either, but the cost for Cutler would be too much.

And Taylor is a perfect fit for the Patriots.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

i'd have just been floored if the bills were looking at cutler. but seeing that they aren't i'm not too worried. i would love to see some action on solidifying the line. starting rookies isn't usually the way our coaching staff rolls.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Not going after Peppers. Not going after Gonzo. We have positions of need and there are very talented players out there whom the Bills are ignoring.
                Peppers is tagged. Gonzo is property of another team and does not want to come here. Hell, neither does Peppers.

I wish they would/could do more too. But how many team make 3 big name FA acquisitions in a year? For that matter, can the Bills kidnap those two and force them to come?

What exactly should they do with those two? Is Peppers worth 2 1st round picks?

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                  Please stop this crap. You can get every big name free agent out there. They found good depth in Florance and Fitzpatrick and Hangartner is an upgrade. There's no doubt in my mind too, that Cato will be a Bill.
                  Florence isn't even as good as Greer- that position was downgraded this season. We have plenty of depth at CB with McKelvin, Youboty and Corner. We needed a starter, not depth.

Whether Fitzpatrick is better than Losman is debatable, but regardless he hopefully won't be on the field anyway. Even if he's significantly better (which he isn't), it won't make much better.

How do you figure that Hangartner is an upgrade? He was a back-up in Carolina and has a lot to prove.

As far as Cato, he's old but he would be an upgrade over Ellison. But he's not here yet. With this FO, I don't believe anything until it actually happens. And they still haven't done anything about DE, which is by far our biggest need.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Gonzo didn't want to join the Bills last year. What makes you think he'd change his mind?

And Peppers wants to play in a 3-4 and for specific teams. And Buffalo neither uses a 3-4, nor were they one of the teams Peppers mentioned.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                      Gonzo didn't want to join the Bills last year. What makes you think he'd change his mind?

And Peppers wants to play in a 3-4 and for specific teams. And Buffalo neither uses a 3-4, nor were they one of the teams Peppers mentioned.
                      Money might change either of their minds.

How hard is it to make an offer? It's not like we're talking a ton of work here. And it's not like they're busy signing other players....
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Florence isn't even as good as Greer- that position was downgraded this season. We have plenty of depth at CB with McKelvin, Youboty and Corner. We needed a starter, not depth.

Whether Fitzpatrick is better than Losman is debatable, but regardless he hopefully won't be on the field anyway. Even if he's significantly better (which he isn't), it won't make much better.

How do you figure that Hangartner is an upgrade? He was a back-up in Carolina and has a lot to prove.

As far as Cato, he's old but he would be an upgrade over Ellison. But he's not here yet. With this FO, I don't believe anything until it actually happens. And they still haven't done anything about DE, which is by far our biggest need.
                        June is 29 or 30. He is hardly old.

And how do they need a starter at CB? McGee and McKelvin are starting.

Comment

• clumping platelets

McKelvin was a 1st rd pick last year............he's expected to become a starter by 2nd year

Comment

• TonyBlack
                            • Feb 2009

detroit so dumb, i would trade for cutler maybe with a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick and get jason smith in their first round pick.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Money might change either of their minds.

How hard is it to make an offer? It's not like we're talking a ton of work here. And it's not like they're busy signing other players....
                              Peppers might even have the exclusive tag - no talking to other teams.

Or would you rather they sign Peppers and let Peters go because he will cost Peters money to get away from Carolina if they can even talk to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X