PDA

View Full Version : CroWell!!!

yordad
03-10-2009, 09:51 PM
I mean seriously, why are we interviewing guys that aren't as good? And, if we offered him a contract, wasn't it probably his best offer?

Raptor
03-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Burned Bridge best to just forget about him he's not coming back

The Spaz
03-10-2009, 11:17 PM
If he's healthy he's the best out there. I just doubt he would want to sign with us and I think the feeling is mutual.

venis2k1
03-10-2009, 11:49 PM
I think Doug Flutie Resigning here is more realistic.

yordad
03-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Why would a Bills fan think Crowell might be the best available LB out there, AND still not want him back?

HHURRICANE
03-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Maybe they think he sucks. They were 100% right about Leonard and Milloy (sarcasm high)

The Spaz
03-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Why would a Bills fan think Crowell might be the best available LB out there, AND still not want him back?

Not sure if you were talking to me. I would want him back but I'm guessing the Bills don't.

bigbub2352
03-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Crowell if healthy is by far the best LBer available,
I got a feeling we gave him a very middle of the ball park offer before Free Agency started hence why everything was going along all nice then all of a sudden Angelo is set to hit FA and not likely to return, and right before that many of us had him resigning because Russ said the door isnt closed on him
well i hope it isnt cause he is by far better than June Keiaho and any one else still out there

feldspar
03-11-2009, 01:53 PM
I think that Crowell is absolutely the best LB available right now, and the Bills should do all they can to bring him back.

Not only is he the best LB available, but he already knows the Bills' system and is familiar with the players.

Raptor
03-11-2009, 06:04 PM

Did you miss the whole falling out between this team and Crowell back Sept?

I mean really, are people just mentally blocking that whole situation?

There is ZERO chance of Crowell ever playing in a Bills Uniform again and it has NOTHING to do with his talent

Raptor
03-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Crowell if healthy is by far the best LBer available,
I got a feeling we gave him a very middle of the ball park offer before Free Agency started hence why everything was going along all nice then all of a sudden Angelo is set to hit FA and not likely to return, and right before that many of us had him resigning because Russ said the door isnt closed on him
well i hope it isnt cause he is by far better than June Keiaho and any one else still out there

I got a feeling nothing was offered and even if we did call there is no chance of him picking up the call

yordad
03-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Did you miss the whole falling out between this team and Crowell back Sept?

I mean really, are people just mentally blocking that whole situation?

There is ZERO chance of Crowell ever playing in a Bills Uniform again and it has NOTHING to do with his talent:link:

Everything was hearsay. If you could find a link to a creditable source with a quote from someone within the organization, then I would say you have a point.

Either way, I'm not sure how that makes him less of a LB, or why you AS A FAN, wouldn't want him.

I don't know how someone could choose option 4 in the poll, it just doesn't make sense to me.

OpIv37
03-11-2009, 07:37 PM
It would be nice if the Bills and Crowell could both move beyond what happened last year, but that doesn't seem likely at this point.

Between the bad blood and Crowell's knee problems, I don't think Crowell has a shot with this franchise anymore.

He probably is the best available, but he probably wants more than what he's worth with his health issues.

Raptor
03-11-2009, 08:35 PM
:link:

Everything was hearsay. If you could find a link to a creditable source with a quote from someone within the organization, then I would say you have a point.

Either way, I'm not sure how that makes him less of a LB, or why you AS A FAN, wouldn't want him.

I don't know how someone could choose option 4 in the poll, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Wilson seemed even more perturbed by Angelo Crowell's sudden decision to have arthroscopic knee surgery, two days before the opener. Ralph said he spoke with Crowell a couple of days before the announcement and Crowell told him he felt fine.

"No one is going to quit on me," Wilson said, making it pretty clear that he was in favor of placing Crowell on injured reserve and effectively ending his time as a player in Buffalo. The owner did point out that he has to pay Crowell while he's on IR and didn't sound that happy about it.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sully_on_sports/2008/09/index.html

Again the Bridge is burned and people need to move on. I like Crowell as a player a lot but it is clear as day Ralph Wilson is not going to give another dime to Crowell and the fact that we are bringing in other FA LB's who are not as good shows there is NO WAY he is coming back and I will gladly eat crow if I'm wrong but I'm not

ServoBillieves
03-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Did Cato sign with anyone?

If not, then he's the #1 guy out there.

HHURRICANE
03-12-2009, 08:05 AM
I believe that the door on Crowell has closed. I think he's the best option out there but I don't see the Bills doing anything more than a low ball.

I think a vet LB would have helped this team greatly but the draft is full of LBs this year so I think the Bills are moving towards that thought process.