PDA

View Full Version : Cutler is not coming to Buffalo!

HHURRICANE
03-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Let me make this one as easy as possible.

The Bills are 100% behind Trent Edwards. So much so that Fitzpatrick was specifically brought in to help Edwards in preparation for Sundays and not to compete for the starting job. The Bills made it clear to Fitzpatrick that he is the "backup" QB. Period.

Cutler is never, ever, coming to Buffalo in a trade in 2009.

Can we stop making up rumors because a player becomes available and we think it fits some hole here.

LtFinFan66
03-11-2009, 09:36 AM
the rumors are not coming from "here"

at least not all of them pertaining to Cutler

Jan Reimers
03-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Can we stop making up rumors because a player becomes available and we think it fits some hole here.
Not just no, but HELL NO!

ddaryl
03-11-2009, 09:45 AM
It's annoying and laughable at the same time...

but mostly annoying.. it is not going to happen

FlyingDutchman
03-11-2009, 11:03 AM
I agree with you 100% HH. But then again, I said the same thing about T.O.

ct bills fan
03-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Edwards exchanges texts with our GM - he's staying.

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Edwards exchanges texts with our GM - he's staying.
Seriously he actually took it one step farther he instructed the GM to go get a player for him and he did it.

BAM
03-11-2009, 11:33 AM
T.O.'s the last player in the league I thought we'd sign.

And it is no lie when I say LAST.

Regardless I hope we don't pick Cutler up.

camelcowboy
03-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Sorry I want to see a Owens/cutler cat fight so the rumors continue.

feldspar
03-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Not only is Cutler not coming to Buffalo, he isn't going anywhere. He will remain in Denver. I'd bet $1000 on it and give you 5-to-1.

Rumor has it that McDaniels set out feelers to entertain getting his boy Cassel from the Patriots. Cassel went to Kansas City, and now the whole thing is over. Denver has nobody whatsoever to replace Cutler with, so trading him would be about the stupidest thing in the universe they could ever do if they hope to stand a chance.

What McDaniels did pissed Cutler off, and now McDaniels is saying stuff like "nobody's job is safe," which doesn't sit well with Cutler either. But "nobody's job is safe" is the company line for most teams, so it's nothing unusal. This fence will be mended somehow, and if it isn't, they will reach a point where everybody will pretend it is and go from there.

Regardless, Cutler isn't going anywhere. If he were on the trade block, like others have said, Buffalo wouldn't go after him anyway. Not only would the asking price be too high, but Buffalo already believes they have their man in Edwards for 2009.

It's silly to even talk about his coming to Buffalo. May as well talk about Peyton Manning or Tom Brady coming to Buffalo because these things happening are just as likely.