PDA

View Full Version : Rosenhaus calls Cowboys release of T.O. a big mistake

The Spaz
03-11-2009, 09:43 AM
The agent for Terrell Owens, Drew Rosenhaus, in a radio interview with WQAM in Miami wasn’t pulling any punches when it came to the Cowboys decision to release his client last week. Here’s his most entertaining comment courtesy of the Dallas Morning News.

“I believe that the organization is going to regret this decision,” Rosenhaus said of the Cowboys. “I believe Terrell is not only going to have a Pro Bowl season with the Bills and cause a lot of sleepless nights for AFC defensive coordinators. … I also believe the Cowboys are going to miss him and that they are going to regret making this move.”

I think for Bills fans the sweetest part of acquiring Owens, might be that it hurts the Cowboys more than they know.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/11/rosenhaus-calls-cowboys-release-of-to-a-big-mistake/

LtFinFan66
03-11-2009, 09:45 AM
of course his agent is going to say that. Has to drive his price up for next year

justasportsfan
03-11-2009, 09:46 AM
I have no doubt TO has what it takes to make probowl. Question is, does he have a system and a QB to take him there?

Thurmal
03-11-2009, 09:47 AM
of course his agent is going to say that. Has to drive his price up for next year
Please don't ruin our happiness over the Owens signing with sound logic and reasoning.

The Spaz
03-11-2009, 09:49 AM

You know what I don't care. If he does make the Pro-Bowl that means Buffalo makes the playoffs IMO.

LtFinFan66
03-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Didn't say you did care. Just stating my opinion and I understand your feelings on the matter

justasportsfan
03-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Meanwhile the fins have yet to address their backfield.

LtFinFan66
03-11-2009, 09:57 AM
I assume you mean the CB position Justa? Not sure what their plans are. Rookie CB against TO or Evans could be interesting. Maybe we are assuming Edwards won't have the time to find them

LtFinFan66
03-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Meanwhile the fins have yet to address their backfield.and not sure what this has to do with this thread

Mad Bomber
03-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Maybe we are assuming Edwards won't have the time to find them
The way things stand right now that very well may be true.

justasportsfan
03-11-2009, 11:00 AM
I assume you mean the CB position Justa? Not sure what their plans are. Rookie CB against TO or Evans could be interesting. Maybe we are assuming Edwards won't have the time to find them

If the bills don't fix the OL, the fins and their 3-4 D may not need a backfield against us.

justasportsfan
03-11-2009, 11:01 AM
and not sure what this has to do with this thread

you sound worried.

raphael120
03-11-2009, 11:16 AM
You can have the best WR's in the world (Arizona) but if you don't have the right QB (Leinart being the WRONG QB) it doesn't amount the jack squat.

This is sink or swim time for Edwards.

TigerJ
03-11-2009, 11:42 AM

I pretty much agree. Agents tend to say things like that, especially a showboating agent like Drew Rosenhaus. I really don't think anything he says is going to affect the market for Owens next offseason, especially a full year ahead of time. What will affect the market for TO will be his play on the field for Buffalo and his conduct both on and off the field.

jamze132
03-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Maybe we are assuming Edwards won't have the time to find them
That my friend is a very true statement... Sad, but true.

don137
03-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Not to take away anything from this thread but I could care less what comes out of Rosenhaus's mouth. Look at the crap he pulled at the draft regarding McGahee.

While I hope TO has a monster year I really don't put much stock in what Drew says.

feldspar
03-11-2009, 04:04 PM
I happen to think that the Cowboys made a big mistake releasing Owens, too. I'm not his agent, have nothing to lose, and you people know me as Feldspar...but I agree with Rosenhaus. I believe that he believes what he said here and is not just trying to promote his client. Promoting his client is his job and his motivation, but that doesn't mean to say that he doesn't believe what he said. I believe it.

I'm glad the Cowboys did make this mistake, though, because we will benefit from it. Obviously, Owens is not the only person on the team, but he does make the season a lot more interesting. The Cowboys loss is our gain IMO.

psubills62
03-11-2009, 04:25 PM

Yeah, because when 2010 FA starts, everyone is going to forget about how he performed on the field, and they'll remember these important statements by Drew Rosenhaus.

Mudflap1
03-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Yeah, because when 2010 FA starts, everyone is going to forget about how he performed on the field, and they'll remember these important statements by Drew Rosenhaus.

And you can then say it will have been ten years between Bills playoff appearances!!

Sorry, couldn't resist... I just couldn't...

LtFinFan66
03-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Not to take away anything from this thread but I could care less what comes out of Rosenhaus's mouth. Look at the crap he pulled at the draft regarding McGahee.

While I hope TO has a monster year I really don't put much stock in what Drew says.it worked didn't it? If I recall, someone still took him in the 1st round

psubills62
03-11-2009, 06:55 PM
And you can then say it will have been ten years between Bills playoff appearances!!

Sorry, couldn't resist... I just couldn't...

Haha, and I thought I couldn't let things go ;)

Nighthawk
03-11-2009, 07:05 PM

Honestly, I'm not really concerned about that...it's not like the Phins were a dominant defense or even a team...for that matter.

LtFinFan66
03-11-2009, 07:15 PM
And your offense wasn't and still isn't dominate. Guess it's a wash

Nighthawk
03-11-2009, 07:21 PM
And your offense wasn't and still isn't dominate. Guess it's a wash

I'm just saying that too many Phins fans are talking like their team was a dominant team...they weren't and it wasn't even close. If you read anything I've ever posted, then you know I'm not overreacting to the T.O. signing. Do I think it makes us better, yes...do I think it guarantees the playoffs...umm, no.

LtFinFan66
03-11-2009, 07:37 PM
are we talking trolls or rational realistic fans....big difference