PDA

View Full Version : How Owens will help Bills young corners

The Spaz
03-11-2009, 10:03 AM
There has been an awful lot of analysis the past few days as to how Terrell Owens will impact Buffalo’s offense in 2009. And while there’s no question he instantly raises the level of the Bills attack, there is also a secondary benefit that he will provide to Buffalo’s young secondary.

With veteran starter Jabari Greer departing via free agency this offseason second-year cornerback Leodis McKelvin is expected to step into the starting lineup. McKelvin is certainly an up and coming talent as evidenced by his play last season. Defending a premier playmaker in the practice setting every day like Owens will only serve as a benefit in preparing him for his expanded role in 2009.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/how-owens-will-help-bills-young-corners/8bb7dbe7-e317-4cb1-a41a-29f24eef9984

ddaryl
03-11-2009, 10:20 AM
SHould help the CB's since they will have much better competition to go up against in practice..

but the #1 way to improve the CB play is to improve the DL and the pass rush !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I sound like a broken record, but yes the game is won and lost in the trenches)

madness
03-11-2009, 11:01 AM
SHould help the CB's since they will have much better competition to go up against in practice..

but the #1 way to improve the CB play is to improve the DL and the pass rush !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I sound like a broken record, but yes the game is won and lost in the trenches)

It's the truth though. The pass rush is key and affects the whole defense from how far off the CB's have to play to what type of plays can be called.

I was never a big fan of Kollar and I think Sanders will get more production just out of the guys we already have. That's not an excuse to upgrade the talent though.