X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

San Fran writer needs to be straightened out

Ladies and gentlemen of Bills Nation, I have a humble request if you hold your native hometown and its football franchise sacred. Many times Buffalo, and the Bills for that matter, have been denigrated by an assortment of sports writers over the years. It’s often an easy and convenient way for lazy journalists to fill space in their columns. And S.F. Chronicle writer Bruce Jenkins may be the most misinformed of them all.

In a T.O. signing spin-off column he proceeds to insult not only the city of Buffalo, but the history of the Bills franchise, claiming O.J. and T.O. are the only flamboyant stars in the team’s history. Sure he lists some names from Bills history in passing, but he dismisses Thurman Thomas and completely forgets Bruce Smith. Yup, Smith was not even mentioned.

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: San Fran writer needs to be straightened out

Who cares? The guy is a hack and part of what he wrote in the beginning is true. Prior to the Bills signing TO the Bills weren't relevant in the news at all. I think what bothers me more than this hack's lack of ability to put together even a halfway accurate column is that our Bills Beat Writer is now pushing this stuff on us rather than some info on FA. I know he can only write what the Bills tell him to but seriously this is what we get now? Im a little disappointed at OBD for even publishing garbage like this.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
      • Jan 2004

The Raiders had so much star power in Marcus Allen and Howie Long that the little old Bills and irrelevant Jim Kelly creamed them 51-3... in a conference title game. Still the largest margin of victory in a AFC title game. Ever.

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        Who cares? The guy is a hack and part of what he wrote in the beginning is true. Prior to the Bills signing TO the Bills weren't relevant in the news at all. I think what bothers me more than this hack's lack of ability to put together even a halfway accurate column is that our Bills Beat Writer is now pushing this stuff on us rather than some info on FA. I know he can only write what the Bills tell him to but seriously this is what we get now? Im a little disappointed at OBD for even publishing garbage like this.
        You certainly have extremely high standards for a personal blog.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
          • Jan 2004

in fact the raiders are SOOOOO relevant, they struggle to sell out a 55,000 seat stadium

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

I don't even see anything all that wrong with his article. He states that we are not a flamboyent town nor usually have flamboyent players. Even our superstars weren't tabloid limelight people.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Plus he is from San Fran and probably a queer, so what does he even know about sports?
              Last edited by THATHURMANATOR; 03-11-2009, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Like I have been saying, I don't care what others are saying pro or con about Buffalo, the Bills, the palyers or the fans.
                Retired Air Traffic Controller
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

the guy is half right, and half way wrong. What awesome, "flamboyant" players have played in San Fran in the past 20 years besides Young, Montana, Rice and even TO?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                    the guy is half right, and half way wrong. What awesome, "flamboyant" players have played in San Fran in the past 20 years besides Young, Montana, Rice and even TO?
                    Steve Bono for starters.

Comment

• T-Long
                      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                      • Sep 2003

I just wrote this douchebag an email. Here it is:

Are you kidding me?? You are saying we only had 2 flamboyant stars in our history? How in the hell can you write an article about the Bills history without mentioning the ALL TIME SACK LEADER Bruce Smith. Are you that ******ed??? How in the hell you have a job as a writer is beyond me. Did you forget that from 1950-1980 the 49ers have only 3 division titles and four playoff appearances. Over that same span minus 10 years (Bills first AFL season was 1960) Buffalo had 3 division titles, 6 playoff appearances and a pair of AFL championships. You guys were NOTHING until Bill Walsh came...and what have you done lately? I can't remember the last time they were in the playoffs either?

I lived in San Jose for 3 years with my wife and daughter before moving back to PA this April. I worked for KNBR for 2 years and was an on field audio tech with the 49ers. That stadium and those fans can't even COMPARE to a 20 degree day at the Ralph.

Pathetic.

Why don't you spend more time writing articles that actually makes sense instead of just throwing insults around? I think your next article should be when the Hall of Fame game takes place this year...oh and what do you know? Bruce Smith and Ralph Wilson Jr. are getting elected into the Hall of Fame that weekend!! Or didn't you ever hear of them?

Get a life Mr. Jenkins. I have more talent in my pinky finger than you have in your entire career.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Nancy Pelosi is from San Francisco. Why, then, take anything from that city seriously?
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by T-Long
                          I just wrote this douchebag an email. Here it is:

Are you kidding me?? You are saying we only had 2 flamboyant stars in our history? How in the hell can you write an article about the Bills history without mentioning the ALL TIME SACK LEADER Bruce Smith. Are you that ******ed??? How in the hell you have a job as a writer is beyond me. Did you forget that from 1950-1980 the 49ers have only 3 division titles and four playoff appearances. Over that same span minus 10 years (Bills first AFL season was 1960) Buffalo had 3 division titles, 6 playoff appearances and a pair of AFL championships. You guys were NOTHING until Bill Walsh came...and what have you done lately? I can't remember the last time they were in the playoffs either?

I lived in San Jose for 3 years with my wife and daughter before moving back to PA this April. I worked for KNBR for 2 years and was an on field audio tech with the 49ers. That stadium and those fans can't even COMPARE to a 20 degree day at the Ralph.

Pathetic.

Why don't you spend more time writing articles that actually makes sense instead of just throwing insults around? I think your next article should be when the Hall of Fame game takes place this year...oh and what do you know? Bruce Smith and Ralph Wilson Jr. are getting elected into the Hall of Fame that weekend!! Or didn't you ever hear of them?

Get a life Mr. Jenkins. I have more talent in my pinky finger than you have in your entire career.
                          Haha nice!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

i still just love how his basis for dismissing our franchise is that we lack "flamboyant" players. Cracks me up. He's definitely from San Fran allright, throwing around such words. SSSSuper!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
                              You certainly have extremely high standards for a personal blog.
                              To expect actual information related to the team it covers as opposed to trying to stir up some pointless crap because some guy wrote a partially accurate piece with a negative view on the Bills? I don't think that's high standards at all.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X