PDA

View Full Version : TO on local radio 103.3 Edge Live Shred and Ragan Show

bigbub2352
03-11-2009, 02:24 PM
TO on his thoughts about Buffalo said he was excited to meet coaching staff

He said he pulled the trigger on the deal when the Bills Brass showed how much they wanted him here, Turk was selling him on his game plan as well as other offensive coachs telling him there game plan

TO's assessment on the Bills current roster, said alot of excitement and they started off great last yr and didnt make the playoffs but neither did he in Dallas and he said the Front Office said he is the peice of the puzzle to get us over the hump

TO doesnt mind small market atmosphere cause of were he grew up and the college he went to were both real small and he thinks Buffalo gets a bad rap

Asked if he will add Wings to a celebration he said he will get something going

He hopes the Bills fans embrace him and he wants to embrace Buffalo

He wants a balanced running game and balanced offensive attack

Buffalo is not historic for drama on the sidlelines and dont like it as a fanbase and TOs response was he has heard his teammates like Whitner giving responses that they are not concerned about him and they shouldnt becuase it is the media that blows alot out of porportion and mix his words around

Asked about his number 81 and said he will be 81 and hasnt talked to Hardy about it, but when he came here he seen a locker with 81 and Owens on the back of it

Talked about his reality show and about Tom Calderone president of VH1 and from Buffalo, said that it will be a different side to him and more of a real look at what he is like
they wished him luck and he said he was excited
there u go .....

Bruce is Loose
03-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Asked about his number 81 and said he will be 81 and hasnt talked to Hardy about it, but when he came here he seen a locker with 81 and Owens on the back of it

Well Owens thinks he is 81... Im sure Hardy expects to sell it. If Owens thinks its already his, why would he pay money? Hardy pissed since Owens is taking his number and his playing time (Im sure he thinks hell be ready).

Drama brewing? maybe im just nervous?

The Spaz
03-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Damn it. I thought the interview was going to be on at 5PM. I wanted to listen to it.

Mahdi
03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Well Owens thinks he is 81... Im sure Hardy expects to sell it. If Owens thinks its already his, why would he pay money? Hardy pissed since Owens is taking his number and his playing time (Im sure he thinks hell be ready).

I'm pretty sure the FO approached Hardy about the number and he agreed to let T.O. have it. Simple as that.

Oaf
03-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Is it up anywheres?

Mudflap1
03-11-2009, 03:03 PM
At this point, while he's young, Hardy has shown no game. He needs to respect his elders and STFU up. I'm not concerned.

bigbub2352
03-11-2009, 03:04 PM
they are replaying it at 5pm. it will be up later at wedg.com

Saratoga Slim
03-11-2009, 03:20 PM
At this point, while he's young, Hardy has shown no game. He needs to respect his elders and STFU up. I'm not concerned.

Yeah. More importantly, let's not create drama where none has yet appeared. But in fairness, I could see where Hardy would be a little annoyed with the situation--let's just hope he handles himself maturely. No reason to think he won't at this point.

Patti120
03-11-2009, 03:24 PM
But in fairness, I could see where Hardy would be a little annoyed with the situation--let's just hope he handles himself maturely. No reason to think he won't at this point.

Unless of course he decides to pull a gun on him!!!!

Bill Brasky
03-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Hardy pissed since Owens is taking his number and his playing time (Im sure he thinks hell be ready).

ha. if owens is taking "hardy's playing time", he won't be playing much.

Mudflap1
03-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah. More importantly, let's not create drama where none has yet appeared. But in fairness, I could see where Hardy would be a little annoyed with the situation--let's just hope he handles himself maturely. No reason to think he won't at this point.

Hardy should be annoyed that the Bills spent a 2nd round draft choice on a 6'6" wide receiver who can't run a pass pattern.

feldspar
03-11-2009, 03:57 PM
If Hardy is upset, he should be upset quietly.

The only way he he is going to make a successful career is to go along with what is happening now. He'll get his chance, but right now, we absolutely HAD to go in a different direction this year. He did next to nothing last year, and then had a serious injury.

But the night is still young with him, and he needs to be a team player, which I'm sure he will be. He has no choice. T.O. or Hardy...hmmm...no choice at all there. Maybe T.O. can teach him a thing or two. That would be an opportunity for him, would it not?

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2009, 03:58 PM
My favorite part is how they didn't even barter with Hardy for the #81!

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2009, 03:59 PM
F Hardy. He has done NOTHING to warrent even making a PEEP about his number.

trapezeus
03-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Hardy's knee injury most likely has him playing worse than he did last year. I think Hardy can develop, but he can't be coddled and shown playing time at the expense of the team. if he wants it, he has to go get it. He wants the number and the playing time, show it on the practice field and make the plays during the game.

I'm positive on Hardy long term, but i think regardless of TO being in the equation, hardy would have had a very difficult 2009 based on his injury.

Steve Johnson should get some playing time as well. I think he could benefit the most from TO being in town. Johnson seems to have the drive being a 7th round selection, the knowledge of playing in a complicated football school, and some decent performances in the times he's been put into the game. You put him around an all pro with a great work ethic (even if you hate TO, you can't deny the guy plays through pain) and i think you'll see a better Steve johnson.

Mudflap1
03-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Am I the only one who almost gets more excited about the Bills' late round draft picks and rookie free agents than I do about the guys they choose early on in the draft?

(I'm going off of the Steve Johnson comment. I like him more than Hardy at this point also).

LifetimeBillsFan
03-11-2009, 06:17 PM
I think that Hardy is less worried about not having # 81 than he is about not having a jersey at all this season because he will be on the PUP list.

I think Hardy now knows, if he didn't know before, that he still has a lot to learn in order to make it in the NFL and that saying anything about losing his number to a guy who has been in the league more than 10 years and has HOF numbers would be stupid on his part. Especially since TO can teach him a lot of the things that he needs to learn in order to become the kind of big-time player that I'm sure that he wants to become.

If I were Hardy I would keep my mouth shut and, if TO were to approach him offering to give him something for taking # 81, I would ask TO to let me work out with him to see what kind of workout routine he follows and if maybe he would be willing to work with me a little to show me some of the tricks he has used to become such a great receiver. That would benefit Hardy a whole lot more than a dinner or any kind of money that TO could give him.

mayotm
03-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Why is everybody offering advice to Hardy? Did I miss something? Has Hardy said a damn thing about the number?

mayotm
03-11-2009, 06:33 PM
It's quite disturbing how quickly people give up on players. Hardy didn't do anything his first year so it must mean he'll always suck. Moulds didn't do anything for his first two seasons. How did that turn out?

Mudflap1
03-11-2009, 06:55 PM
It's quite disturbing how quickly people give up on players. Hardy didn't do anything his first year so it must mean he'll always suck. Moulds didn't do anything for his first two seasons. How did that turn out?

Hardy caught nine passes with Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, Lee Evans ahead of him. Moulds caught twenty passes his rookie year with Andre Reed, Quinn Early, and Steve Tasker ahead of him. True, Moulds didn't blossom until his third year, but he still contributed more than Hardy his rookie year.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-11-2009, 07:08 PM
If you saw Indiana's passing game 2 years ago and Miss. State's when Moulds was there, Hardy had a lot more to learn than Moulds coming into the NFL.

mayotm
03-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Hardy caught nine passes with Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish, Lee Evans ahead of him. Moulds caught twenty passes his rookie year with Andre Reed, Quinn Early, and Steve Tasker ahead of him. True, Moulds didn't blossom until his third year, but he still contributed more than Hardy his rookie year.You really want to argue over 20 catches versus 9? You want to compare who they both played with? Moulds had Kelly. Hardy had Edwards. My point was that it's far too early to give up on Hardy after one season. But hey, you can if you'd like.

Mudflap1
03-11-2009, 07:30 PM
You really want to argue over 20 catches versus 9? You want to compare who they both played with? Moulds had Kelly. Hardy had Edwards. My point was that it's far too early to give up on Hardy after one season. But hey, you can if you'd like.

Where did I say I gave up on him? I said the guy showed no game last year, and he's injured now. Where I come from, that's not a good start.

mayotm
03-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Where did I say I gave up on him? I said the guy showed no game last year, and he's injured now. Where I come from, that's not a good start.And where did I say it was a good start?

Mudflap1
03-11-2009, 07:58 PM
And where did I say it was a good start?

You didn't. Just like I never said I gave up on the guy.

SabreEleven
03-11-2009, 08:09 PM

Do you work for the Media?

Goobylal
03-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Where did I say I gave up on him? I said the guy showed no game last year, and he's injured now. Where I come from, that's not a good start.
Hardy was open a lot more than his catches would indicate. The problem was that Edwards was too quick to checkdown. Hopefully he's gotten over it.

TedMock
03-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Holy crap. I leave work early and go to a ball game. when I come back all of these people are knocking Hardy and/or telling him he needs to stfu. Did Hardy come out and say something about 81 or is it the typical WNY drama queen crap? I haven't seen anything yet, so I figured I'd ask. If he did I'm with you. Otherwise, relax a bit.

I have no idea whethet the kid will be good or not, but I'd have been a complete moron to expect anything at all his rookie year. The staff straight up told us that he was a tremendous talent, but he needs to be brought along because 1. he's raw due to not playing that long and 2. playing in a basic system that did not demand crisp or complicated routes. I, we, were told that up front. why the hate? If a doctor tells you "this is going to hurt" do you get upset with him when it does? Stop with this crap. I still have high hopes for Hardy. I think T.O. is great for him too. Hardy needs to develop and he needs to recover from an injury. This is actually a great opportunity for him to learn, get better, get healthy and gain field smarts at a nice slow pace this year. Let's see what the kid becomes before we poop on him after one season. WR's are also more likely to take a season or two before they figure it out.

mayotm
03-12-2009, 08:06 AM
Holy crap. I leave work early and go to a ball game. when I come back all of these people are knocking Hardy and/or telling him he needs to stfu. Did Hardy come out and say something about 81 or is it the typical WNY drama queen crap? I haven't seen anything yet, so I figured I'd ask. If he did I'm with you. Otherwise, relax a bit.

I have no idea whethet the kid will be good or not, but I'd have been a complete moron to expect anything at all his rookie year. The staff straight up told us that he was a tremendous talent, but he needs to be brought along because 1. he's raw due to not playing that long and 2. playing in a basic system that did not demand crisp or complicated routes. I, we, were told that up front. why the hate? If a doctor tells you "this is going to hurt" do you get upset with him when it does? Stop with this crap. I still have high hopes for Hardy. I think T.O. is great for him too. Hardy needs to develop and he needs to recover from an injury. This is actually a great opportunity for him to learn, get better, get healthy and gain field smarts at a nice slow pace this year. Let's see what the kid becomes before we poop on him after one season. WR's are also more likely to take a season or two before they figure it out.Great post. To answer your question, it's the typicaly WNY drama queen crap.

Stoneludlow
03-12-2009, 08:28 AM
T O was on 97Rocks this morning. Check 97Rocks website and listen to Snortin' Norton's interview.