PDA

View Full Version : Any Bills Fans here in Northern, VA?

kelly2reed4six
03-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Sorry in advance if I posted this in the wrong area.......I am just curious to see if anyone on this forum lives in the Northern, VA area. I just relocated to just outside D.C. from about 45 mins south of Buffalo a few months ago. I've connected with a few Bills fans here, but would love to find some more fans down here!

Mad Bomber
03-12-2009, 03:50 PM
OpIv37 is in your neighborhood.

OpIv37
03-12-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm in Alexandria.

Darth Takeo is in Herndon or Winchester or somewhere out in the boonies.

Raphael120 is in Falls Church.

G.Host doesn't post here much anymore but he's right around the corner from me.

Valerie and Dozerdog live in Poolesville, MD, which isn't too far. Jeff1220 and R.Rich live in Baltimore, which is only about a 45 minute drive.

Welcome to Northern VA. I hope you like traffic jams, insects and humidity.

If you want some suggestions of things to do or want to get together to watch a game, PM me.

OpIv37
03-12-2009, 03:57 PM
BTW, the best Bills bar is probably Grevey's, right where 50 hits the Beltway in the Merrifield area (VA side, not the MD side). They have good wings, beef on weck and Canadian beer.

The Bills Backers go to Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon and McFaddens, which is on M St between Dupont and Georgetown (closer to Georgetown).

If you're into the Sabres, Grevey's also shows the Sabres game, and there's a bar in Old Town Alexandria on King Street called Bugsy's- it's not officially a Sabres bar but some of the bartenders/staff are from Buffalo so they usually have the game on.

KO1
03-12-2009, 04:37 PM
yo i live in vienna....go bills

raphael120
03-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Welcome to hell, brother. Actually it'll be nice down here if you're a hockey fan because the caps are actually decent and Ovie is insane to watch. PM me also if you want suggestions. Btw if you want to go to the caps sabres game in April let me know, I got two tickets I'm trying to sell.

TedMock
03-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I've been in this area for over 10 years now. Live in Virginia, but have also lived in DC and MD along the way.

The last buffalo fan
03-12-2009, 04:56 PM
OpIv37 is in your neighborhood.

Sorry for that, jae! :ill:

Dozerdog
03-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Welcome to hell, brother. Actually it'll be nice down here if you're a hockey fan because the caps are actually decent and Ovie is insane to watch. PM me also if you want suggestions. Btw if you want to go to the caps sabres game in April let me know, I got two tickets I'm trying to sell.

How much? What section?

OpIv37
03-12-2009, 07:03 PM
a couple of you have been holding out on the Zone lunches, Sabres games, Bills in DC or Baltimore games, etc.

ParanoidAndroid
03-12-2009, 09:17 PM
I've been to backers bars in Baltimore and down here in Fredericksburg as well as one in Falls Church area....can't remember what that one is called.... help?
Anyway, it's not a bad place to live.....Welcome!

jdbillsfan
03-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm in Falls Church, right up the street from Greveys.

OpIv37
03-12-2009, 10:15 PM
I've been to backers bars in Baltimore and down here in Fredericksburg as well as one in Falls Church area....can't remember what that one is called.... help?
Anyway, it's not a bad place to live.....Welcome!

you sure it wasn't Grevey's? Grevey's is just past Falls Church.

raphael120
03-12-2009, 11:32 PM
How much? What section?

stoner section 420, and Im sellin them face value, $25/ticket.

raphael120
03-12-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm in Falls Church, right up the street from Greveys.

Have yet to go to Greveys, I've always gone to McFaddens because of the $11 bucket of 5 Labatts. I've seen and BS'ed with Luke Russert there quite a few times last season. Very nice guy and his girlfriend is from Buffalo too, very down to earth.

ParanoidAndroid
03-13-2009, 12:59 PM
you sure it wasn't Grevey's? Grevey's is just past Falls Church.

I guess that is the one. It's been a while. I had no idea that place existed until I went up there for Halloween in 2007. The owner had an Alice Cooper thing going on if I remember right.