PDA

View Full Version : Heres a perfect example of the media and TO!

X-Era
03-12-2009, 06:28 AM
How typical is it to put words in his mouth and blow stuff up sky high when its probably not a big deal at all.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/11/owens-stakes-claims-to-number-81/

Translation? “I ain’t payin’ Hardy sh-t.”

Classic media BS.

TO probably called Hardy and asked him and Hardy probably said OK right on the spot, could be without any money. I dont know that thats what happened, but it could be just that easy. But Instead the media assumes the worst.

Ickybaluky
03-12-2009, 07:05 AM
Yeah, he has been misunderstood everywhere he has been. Poor TO, all these meanies bullying him when he just tries to go about his business quietly.

But, hey, now he is in Buffalo. It's all peaches and candy canes from here on out. You guys got his back.

Jeff1220
03-12-2009, 07:13 AM
I'd imagine the team at least informed/checked with Hardy before they stuck an 81Owens jersey in a locker when recruiting the guy. If they didn't, then that's screwed up, and it's the teams fault, not Owens'

ddaryl
03-12-2009, 07:20 AM
well knowing full well that the Bills did have an Owens locker all set up with a #81 jersey in it when they courted him... I think its safe to say that The Bills themselves made it happen for Owens.

I agree on this point.... and until Hardy learns how to be a real NFL receiver does he really have any say. His 10 catches last year doesn't exactly give him much leverage.

DraftBoy
03-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Seriously? This is what its come to now? Defending TO at every turn?

This is a stupid story by PFT in a slow period.

gil
03-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Yeah, it's a little weird to see people defending TO just because he's on the Bills. The guy is a tool, just an exceptionally talented one.

Jan Reimers
03-12-2009, 07:43 AM
I have been directly involved with the media on a few occasions, and have known the true story behind their reports a number of other times. They virtually NEVER get things right.

And I'm talking reputable media, not crappy internet bloggers.

So I put absolutely no stock in anything I read on some moronic internet site.

The King
03-12-2009, 07:50 AM
I'd imagine the team at least informed/checked with Hardy before they stuck an 81Owens jersey in a locker when recruiting the guy. If they didn't, then that's screwed up, and it's the teams fault, not Owens'Agreed

kgun12
03-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Yeah, he has been misunderstood everywhere he has been. Poor TO, all these meanies bullying him when he just tries to go about his business quietly.

But, hey, now he is in Buffalo. It's all peaches and candy canes from here on out. You guys got his back.

Pretty fun isn't it? I bet if he signed with NE this board would be tearing you a new one about what a crazy loser he was and that the Pats were nuts to sign him. But he is a Bill now and all is forgotten. Remember none of it was his fault, all the QB's, other players and coaches made him like that cause he just wants to win.

M
03-12-2009, 08:16 AM

And Moss was a saint when NE picked him up.

Ickybaluky
03-12-2009, 09:10 AM
And Moss was a saint when NE picked him up.

I'm under no illusions about what happened with Moss in Oakland, he quit on that team. Nor am I under any illusions that Kevin Faulk really had somebody else's jacket on when he got caught with pot in his pocket at a rap concert, nor that Nick Kaczur didn't rat out his Oxycontin dealer.

That isn't really the point, though. These guys are doing their job. There are good guys and bad guys on every team. Just because they play for a certain team, nothing changes. I enjoy watching good football players do their job, and it doesn't have to be a soap opera.

TO has been a prima donna his entire career, albeit a very talented one. He has had trouble at every stop. For the record, I said Buffalo should sign him and understand why the move was made. There is no doubt he fills a critical need for them, as they have struggled on offense for years.

Just don't try to tell me he is misunderstood. He is what he is, the track record can't be changed. Don't give me that everyone is just ganging up on him. Save your sympathy for someone who deserves it, like a kid with cancer or something.

M
03-12-2009, 09:21 AM
[quote=NE39Just don't try to tell me he is misunderstood. He is what he is, the track record can't be changed. Don't give me that everyone is just ganging up on him. Save your sympathy for someone who deserves it, like a kid with cancer or something.[/quote]

Easy there. I never said anything of the sort. You can come down off your high horse now.

kgun12
03-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Easy there. I never said anything of the sort. You can come down off your high horse now.

You threw a jab and he swung back. Besides it's not a high horse, it's stating the truth. Whether folks want to except it or not that's a different subject! TO is not misunderstood, nobody put words or pills in his mouth, nobody was or is out to get him. He brought all of the negative crap on himself. The bad apples just finds way to keep stepping in it like Lynch, Packman, Vick and TO. The good guys don't, the Manning's, Brees, James L. Tomlinson. He has so much talent he could have been making almost as much money in advertising as he does in football, but nobody will touch him. Like him all you want, but his actions can't be defended.

Pride
03-12-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm under no illusions about what happened with Moss in Oakland, he quit on that team. Nor am I under any illusions that Kevin Faulk really had somebody else's jacket on when he got caught with pot in his pocket at a rap concert, nor that Nick Kaczur didn't rat out his Oxycontin dealer.

That isn't really the point, though. These guys are doing their job. There are good guys and bad guys on every team. Just because they play for a certain team, nothing changes. I enjoy watching good football players do their job, and it doesn't have to be a soap opera.

TO has been a prima donna his entire career, albeit a very talented one. He has had trouble at every stop. For the record, I said Buffalo should sign him and understand why the move was made. There is no doubt he fills a critical need for them, as they have struggled on offense for years.

Just don't try to tell me he is misunderstood. He is what he is, the track record can't be changed. Don't give me that everyone is just ganging up on him. Save your sympathy for someone who deserves it, like a kid with cancer or something.

NE39... one of the best posters on BZ. :rockon:

Very well could be the only Pats fan I respect!

Pride
03-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I do agree though...

It was a simple “yes” or “no” question. But Owens opted not to answer it directly.

“When I walked into the building for the first time and they showed me around and I walked into the locker room,” he said, “first thing I saw was a locker and it had the number 81 with Owens . . . on the back and I had some other Buffalo swag hung up in the locker room. As far as working deals out, I don’t know. That’s not my department. I think Russ [Brandon] the General Manager, he’ll have to deal with that.”

That's a horrible translation. Owens (and I can't believe I'm even defending him) didn't say anything wrong and simply referred to what he experienced when he walked through the locker room.

I agree the media makes mountains out of mole hills when it comes to T.O, however, he created this problem with 10+ years of cry babying.

Tatonka
03-12-2009, 11:27 AM

sup moss. im sure you didnt do the same.

Owen DeBoard
03-12-2009, 11:32 AM

Yeah just like how you stuck up for the dirty ass player Wilfork when he pulled his stunt on JP right? Or better yet how about how you stuck up for Bellicheat when he was caught cheatin right? Best poster my ass. Youll back up your team and we will back up our team plain and simple.

DrGraves
03-12-2009, 12:04 PM
i did not translate "i ain't paying ****" from that... PFT is just trying to stir up drama so they have more crap to report..

Ickybaluky
03-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah just like how you stuck up for the dirty ass player Wilfork when he pulled his stunt on JP right? Or better yet how about how you stuck up for Bellicheat when he was caught cheatin right? Best poster my ass. Youll back up your team and we will back up our team plain and simple.

For the record:

Wilfork was involved in a football play. He was penalized for it. It was a personal foul, so he was wrong. Plus, it cost his team a penalty so I am not defending the play.

I don't think he is dirty. In fact, I don't think there are any dirty players in the NFL anymore. With the influx of money into the game there really isn't that kind of stuff in the game anymore. All these players are individual corprorate entities, they all know each ohter. There really isn't any emnity or dirty play going on anymore. Just a bunch of contract employees who do lunch together and compare investments when there aren't games. It is a much softer game played today.

When Belichick was caught he violated league rules. He, and the team, were punished pretty severely. I don't defend what he did. I may disagree on some of the other stuff that people have invented as a result of that, but that goes part in parcel with the soap opera story lines that people like to drum up.

I don't like soap operas. I like football. While I'd prefer no hardened ciriminals play for my team, I could care less what these guys are like in real life. I want guys who do their job and win. Personally, I'd have no problem with Owens on the Pats, as long as they thought he could help them win and it was worth the risk. I'm kind of glad he is in the division because I like watching him play.

However, don't try telling me the guy is a saint. He has had enough happen to him in his career that it isn't a coincidence. He has acted like a selfish prima donna enough to see he is one. That doesn't mean he won't go out and help the Bills this season, it just means the guy hasn't changed just because he signed with the Bills.

Owen DeBoard
03-12-2009, 12:28 PM
For the record:

Wilfork was involved in a football play. He was penalized for it. It was a personal foul, so he was wrong. Plus, it cost his team a penalty so I am not defending the play.

I don't think he is dirty. In fact, I don't think there are any dirty players in the NFL anymore. With the influx of money into the game there really isn't that kind of stuff in the game anymore. All these players are individual corprorate entities, they all know each ohter. There really isn't any emnity or dirty play going on anymore. Just a bunch of contract employees who do lunch together and compare investments when there aren't games. It is a much softer game played today.

When Belichick was caught he violated league rules. He, and the team, were punished pretty severely. I don't defend what he did. I may disagree on some of the other stuff that people have invented as a result of that, but that goes part in parcel with the soap opera story lines that people like to drum up.

I don't like soap operas. I like football. While I'd prefer no hardened ciriminals play for my team, I could care less what these guys are like in real life. I want guys who do their job and win. Personally, I'd have no problem with Owens on the Pats, as long as they thought he could help them win and it was worth the risk. I'm kind of glad he is in the division because I like watching him play.

However, don't try telling me the guy is a saint. He has had enough happen to him in his career that it isn't a coincidence. He has acted like a selfish prima donna enough to see he is one. That doesn't mean he won't go out and help the Bills this season, it just means the guy hasn't changed just because he signed with the Bills.
For the record
There still are dirty players in the nfl and Wilfork is one of them. Why would he be called into Godells office for multiple plays that were questionable from him and you also mean to tell me that Haneysworth steppin on that guy a few years back wasnt dirty?
I also didnt say TO wasnt goin to change because hes at Buffalo. The guy is very competitive. Always has been always will be. He wants to win just like everyone else in the league. I would rather him act selfish then go out and try running a cop over like someone else we know but thats discussion for another day.
I like watchin football too so I could care less about how selfish or how prima donna someone is as long as he gives my team a better chance to win.

The Spaz
03-12-2009, 12:33 PM
I can't believe this ****. People are calling out TO and Hardy for a ****ing #? Has any of them said anything bad about not getting it? Why would Owens not get it anyway? He's a vet and vets get priority it's that simple. PTI is making a big deal about it too. Pretty ****ing lame if you ask me.

Goobylal
03-12-2009, 01:42 PM
This is a joke, right? Why does anyone care about hurting Hardy's feelings, seeing as how he did little as a rookie, wore #82 in college, and the Bills showed TO his locker with a #81 jersey with his name on it?

feldspar
03-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Reporters are whores, and they ask questions like "do you think you got the ball enough, T.O.?" after a loss. He says no and qualifies his answers, but his qualifiers are ignored. The headlines read "T.O. thinks he isn't getting the ball enough," while ignoring fact that he was actually encouraged to say this, and this is followed by weeks long debates about if T.O. is tearing apart the lockerroom. His whole attitude was only that he thought that he could have done more to help his team win. At least half of the perception of T.O. is unfair, and the media sets him up to say certain things so they can put the spin on it that they want. He behaved himself well enough for the past three years in Dallas IMO.

feldspar
03-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Ever see the movie "The Fan" with Robert DeNiro?

Maybe the author of this less than thought provoking article will go to the lengths Robert DeNiro went to give Hardy's number back to him.

It's funny how people are accusing T.O. of tearing apart the Bills lockerroom the first second he stepped foot in it. The author of this article doesn't know WTF he is talking about and is jumping to conclusions. Sounds like the Bills wanted to give T.O. his number. Period.

Losman4Life
03-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Just wait until the media realizes how gay Edwards is when TO throws the queer under the bus!! It will be a circus fo sho! LOL

yordad
03-12-2009, 04:14 PM
So because Wilfork is a douche on the field where he can be penalized, and Owens is a douche off the field where he can't be penalized, that mean Owens is scum, and Wilfork isn't?

That is some F'd up logic.

Owens gets in spats with QBs on his own team. Wilfork tries to end the career of QBs from other teams. HUGE DIFFERENCE. The fact that one displays his lack of character on the field should weigh more against him, not less. I mean seriously? "Well he got his 15 yards, his slate is clean". Oh Helllll No. Are you freakin kidding me?

TO's biggest fault? He wants to win more then he cares about hurting some feelings? Give me a break. He is a freaking beast, and I want nothing more then to see him stiff arm some suspect NE CBs to the ground, then pull out a BBQ chichen wing and spike it on their friggin logo.

My popcorn IS ready. I am not here to judge TO off the field. He isn't dating my daughter or raising my son. I don't care if he dyes his friggin hair purple and wears pantyhose all day. I don't care if he drives a pink BigFoot truck to hide any inadequacies. I don't care if he thinks Edwards is the biggest prima-donna ever. I don't care if he doesn't tip waitresses or hand out candy on Holloween. I don't care if brings liquor into clubs under his jacket. I don't care if he sleeps in a friggin hyperbarric chamber because it eases his wrinkles. I just don't freakin care.

I care how he plays on Sundays, some Mondays, or any other game day. That is it. I don't have to break bread with the guy. It IS what he does on the field that matters. Not what ESPN thinks of his personality.

Not to mention, none of you ever met the guy, he could be freakin sweet as pie.

X-Era
03-12-2009, 04:28 PM

I didnt say anything about TO and his antics.

What Im talking about is the media twisting his words or flat out making stuff up... like this.

X-Era
03-12-2009, 04:31 PM

I dont disgaree that TO doesnt need anyone treating him like hes a saint.

But thats not what I did.

Im talking about the media that loves stories, and will even make them up or twist them to make a story... thats called drumming up business for yourself.

X-Era
03-12-2009, 04:33 PM
I do agree though...

It was a simple “yes” or “no” question. But Owens opted not to answer it directly.

“When I walked into the building for the first time and they showed me around and I walked into the locker room,” he said, “first thing I saw was a locker and it had the number 81 with Owens . . . on the back and I had some other Buffalo swag hung up in the locker room. As far as working deals out, I don’t know. That’s not my department. I think Russ [Brandon] the General Manager, he’ll have to deal with that.”

That's a horrible translation. Owens (and I can't believe I'm even defending him) didn't say anything wrong and simply referred to what he experienced when he walked through the locker room.

I agree the media makes mountains out of mole hills when it comes to T.O, however, he created this problem with 10+ years of cry babying.

I agree 100% with this post!

TO is in the situation hes in because of himself and his antics. When you put yourself in these situations long enough, you will have people blaming you even when your innocent.

But the media is just spinning crap in this case to make a story where there likley isnt one.

And lets not assume they werent and arent part of the problem too... because they are.

tat2dmike77
03-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Just wait until the media realizes how gay Edwards is when TO throws the queer under the bus!! It will be a circus fo sho! LOL

Get over your Lossman love. He is gone deal with it.

X-Era
03-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Im expecting PFT to retract their comments or simply tell the REAL story at this point... Ohh wait, no Im not.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/15/hardy-comments-on-number-switch-with-owens/

Thank you media for again screwing the story up and proving you are a problem.