PDA

View Full Version : James Hardy interview march 8 post T.O.

ddaryl
03-12-2009, 08:08 AM
11 minute interview.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/sports/local_sports/local_wane_ftwayne_james_hardy_exclusive_interview_200903082120

Brief discussion about the injury... Is now pain free and is beginning the road back through rehab. Says he won't be able to full practice till the end of camp.

Talks about his high expectations for himself, and the reality check he had last season

happy to have TO on board. Looking forward to being taught by TO, plans on picking TO's brain.

a decent interview, not a heluva of lot of unknown stuff.

THATHURMANATOR
03-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Good glad he is on the recovery path

T-Long
03-12-2009, 08:18 AM
anything about the number thing?

Chewytie
03-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Yea, Im suprised that wasn't the first question asked, unless he thinks that everyone knows already.

ddaryl
03-12-2009, 08:23 AM
didn't hear anything regarding the #, but I admit I skimmed some of the interview because it was a lot of repeated stuff...

he seems very on board with TO and plans on utilizing TO's time here to learn more about being an NFL WR

methos4ever
03-12-2009, 08:28 AM
One thing I picked up from the interview was that he is not only picking TO's brain, but Randy Moss' as well - interesting...

TigerJ
03-12-2009, 08:46 AM
TO has a one yesr deal and is 35 years old. If Hardy has any intelligence at all, he will know not to interpret this as a long term threat to his position with the club. If anything, it takes the pressure off him and let's him rehab properly. The biggest threat to his position with the team would be his own failure to make plays once he is healthy and gets on the field.

buffalony85
03-12-2009, 11:33 AM
The sad thing is I forgot he was even injured last season lol!

DrGraves
03-12-2009, 12:02 PM
I know we all have been down on hardy but I really hope to see him rebound this year... he has alot of raw talent... i remember watching him play against penn state and justin king and he just torched them all game... Work hard James... Learn from T.O. and become the next T.O. !!

Oaf
03-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Great to hear he's got the right attitude. It's been nice to see him actively participating in the community too.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Sounded like a typical kid just completed 1st go around in NFL, trying to find his handle. I venture to guess that all his football life in high school and in college, he was always the guy people look up to. Now he's the one looking up the ladder. May be that's why he said "in NFL, everyone's looking out for himself."

The interesting thing to me is that he said TO on a one year deal and "the guy ahead of me" is also on the last year of his contract. So at least in Buffalo, he sees some light at the end of the tunnel. It's somewhat depended on him to keep running towards the end of that tunnel.

Night Train
03-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Hardy should watch TO's conditioning & practice routine, which is reportedly extensive.

It might teach him how to play WR over being a leaper in the red zone and little else.

justasportsfan
03-13-2009, 09:17 AM
Hardy should watch TO's conditioning & practice routine, which is reportedly extensive.

It might teach him how to play WR over being a leaper in the red zone and little else.
exactly. Rice, Andre' Reed, Moulds were players that kept in shape and worked hard even in the offseason.

methos4ever
03-13-2009, 09:23 AM
One thing in listening to the interview I kind of winced on was his assertion that he didn't see the field a lot this year because of politics...c'mon James, routes weren't your thing at Indiana. Being tall was.