PDA

View Full Version : another board has rumblings of a Peters trade

patmoran2006
03-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Another message board has a poster claiming John Clayton was on ESPN saying the Eagles are interested in trading for Jason Peters.

I was having my wonderful Ilio DiPaolo dinner and got interrupted by a phone call by someone saying they read this and wanted to know if it had any teeth. After telling the dude "You think I'm ****ing Jay Glazer or something" I did make a phone call........And to someone who I know, knows this team very well, and I trust greatly. He said he's heard nothing about any possible Peters trades.

So before that thread's message finds it way to this board, Do not read much into it.

ANd for the record, I would be FURIOUS if we traded Peters for a low first round draft pick.. You dont develop Pro Bowl left tackles, so you can trade them instead of paying them.

DrGraves
03-12-2009, 07:05 PM
If the Bills continue to make holes instead of filling them... I'm going to throw up.

The Jokeman
03-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Another message board has a poster claiming John Clayton was on ESPN saying the Eagles are interested in trading for Jason Peters.

I was having my wonderful Ilio DiPaolo dinner and got interrupted by a phone call by someone saying they read this and wanted to know if it had any teeth. After telling the dude "You think I'm ****ing Jay Glazer or something" I did make a phone call........And to someone who I know, knows this team very well, and I trust greatly. He said he's heard nothing about any possible Peters trades.

So before that thread's message finds it way to this board, Do not read much into it.

ANd for the record, I would be FURIOUS if we traded Peters for a low first round draft pick.. You dont develop Pro Bowl left tackles, so you can trade them instead of paying them.
Of course the Eagles are interested in Peters they lost their LT Tra Thomas but it doesn't mean the Bills are willing to trade him.

JPFBillsFan
03-12-2009, 07:13 PM
I'd have to consider it if they offer Picks #22 and 28....
D.Bell has to play at some point for us to find out what we have....
Just because we have Owens its not a go for it year....
we need to continue building through the draft

Kenny
03-12-2009, 07:14 PM
You dont develop Pro Bowl left tackles, so you can trade them instead of paying them.

:clap:

Mudflap1
03-12-2009, 07:18 PM
We have six linemen. We have no business trading the best one out of the six. Especially for high draft picks that the organization has a 50% chance (at least) of screwing up. University of Buffalo would have a stronger offensive line at that point...

Pinkerton Security
03-12-2009, 07:26 PM
theres no way only one person happened to hear John Clayton say this, so i dont trust it. My buddy literally listens to ESPN radio every minute of the day he's at work, and i just find it hard to imagine if it was on TV it would be missed by all.

PromoTheRobot
03-12-2009, 07:31 PM

For Cripes sake, just because another internet chat board picks up a rumor from another chat board, that makes it news?

PTR

rcd333
03-12-2009, 07:34 PM
...... reunite T.O. and McNabb!!! doo ittt

realdealryan
03-12-2009, 07:51 PM
...... reunite T.O. and McNabb!!! doo ittt

hahahaha

but if you're serious, please refill your meds

DynaPaul
03-12-2009, 07:53 PM
We shouldn't trade him, we should just pay him. If they do pull the trigger on a trade it better be with the Eagles paying a STEEP price.

rcd333
03-12-2009, 07:54 PM
no no, i kid, i kid

DrGraves
03-12-2009, 07:55 PM
They have no one worth trading for.. they already dumped everyone good.

Mudflap1
03-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Where did Kelly Holcomb and Darwin Walker go? We can get them back!! Pull of a three-way trade if needed...

jimbohastle51
03-12-2009, 08:13 PM
peters isnt going anywhere. he is going to get his 10 million a year and thats that. our front office may pout and throw a tantrum having to pay all the guaranteed money he will get buy he will get it and he'll be here till just about when he retires.

realdealryan
03-12-2009, 08:42 PM
You forgot to add that after he gets paid he will be very average.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-12-2009, 08:58 PM
ANd for the record, I would be FURIOUS if we traded Peters for a low first round draft pick.. You dont develop Pro Bowl left tackles, so you can trade them instead of paying them

Here, here I do not understand how some people want him gone just because he held out. Stupid I tell ya, I would be furious to. Luckily, I know that the Bills will resign him.

TigerJ
03-12-2009, 09:05 PM
I think I saw that thread. I sure would like to be a fly on the wall in the negotiations between the Bills and Peters' agent. The speculation is that they are far apart. I wonder what Peters is asking for, and how much the Bills are willing to pay him. I would very much like the Bills to sign him to a long term extension, but if they can't come to an agreement, what happens? The talk on that other board, if it's the one I saw, was both Philly's first round picks. I would still rather keep Peters, but that would be good value at least.

Jeff1220
03-12-2009, 09:32 PM
My brother called me and told me about that thread. I basically told him whoever posted that must be on crack. We need more OL not less.

feldspar
03-12-2009, 09:48 PM
I heard this a little while back.

Just because the Eagles are interested in trading for Peters doesn't mean to say that we are interested in trading him. I'm interested in dating Halle Berry...that ain't going to happen either.

No way we will trade Peters. Whatever we would get for him wouldn't be worth it.

He's got two year left on his contract, and after that we can slap the franchise tag on him. We've got his ass for years. That being said, we should extend his contract as soon as possible, whether he deserved to be elected to the Pro Bowl again this year or not.

Griz78
03-12-2009, 10:14 PM
On WGR on Saturdays, John Clayton has his The Huddle Show on ESPN Radio. It is on around 4 PM or so and he mentioned that the Eagles COULD be interested in Peters if negotiations drag out.

Oaf
03-13-2009, 01:02 AM
I think I saw that thread. I sure would like to be a fly on the wall in the negotiations between the Bills and Peters' agent. The speculation is that they are far apart. I wonder what Peters is asking for, and how much the Bills are willing to pay him. I would very much like the Bills to sign him to a long term extension, but if they can't come to an agreement, what happens? The talk on that other board, if it's the one I saw, was both Philly's first round picks. I would still rather keep Peters, but that would be good value at least.
Peters wants to be highest paid tackle in conference. Peters also allowed most sacks in conference.

X-Era
03-13-2009, 06:07 AM
Peters wants to be highest paid tackle in conference. Peters also allowed most sacks in conference.

Over what period of time?

Was it just last year that he gave up so many sacks? Because the year before, even with the QB swapping, our OL gave up the fewest sacks in Bills history supposedly.

Peters is a very very good LT. He screwed us and the team when he came in late and took so long to get back in to playing shape. This year he supposedly is saying he will not holdout and the Bills are working on his contract.

I really dont think hes going anywhere.

ddaryl
03-13-2009, 06:13 AM
If Peters was being a jackass and it looked like it would get ugly then I could see a trade possibility but as long as the Bills are talking and hammering out a deal then trading Peters would be a HUGE mistake...

this scenario has been plastered all over the buffalobills.com forums (which is not a surprise) and it had a few threads about it on 2bills drive as well.

X-Era
03-13-2009, 06:20 AM
If Peters was being a jackass and it looked like it would get ugly then I could see a trade possibility but as long as the Bills are talking and hammering out a deal then trading Peters would be a HUGE mistake...

this scenario has been plastered all over the buffalobills.com forums (which is not a surprise) and it had a few threads about it on 2bills drive as well.

Heres what I read from another board:

TBN: Bills and Peters are about 3 million apart, Peters wants 11.5 per.

I honestly don't know what the hell TBN is, but can anyone confirm this?

Id like to see us meet at 9.5 or 10.

TacklingDummy
03-13-2009, 06:23 AM
If the Eagles want to give up both their first round picks for the overrated Peters than the Bills would be foolish not to accept.

Historian
03-13-2009, 06:31 AM
I was having my wonderful Ilio DiPaolo dinner .

I'm going there tomorrow night Pat.

Best lasagna in 50 states!

:up:

patmoran2006
03-13-2009, 06:49 AM
well after today's News' article, confirming how far apart they are.. A trade may end up being in the works.

I see NO WAY the Bills close the gap by that much, and I wouldnt pay him no freegin $11.5 million per year either.

clumping platelets
03-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Peters for both #1's and LB Cocong :nod:

clumping platelets
03-13-2009, 07:08 AM
Then trade for Backus from Detroit :nod:

and Waters from KC :up:

TacklingDummy
03-13-2009, 07:09 AM
I see NO WAY the Bills close the gap by that much, and I wouldnt pay him no freegin $11.5 million per year either.

I'd rather see Walker play LT for $5 million per year and the Bills sign somebody who can rush the passer with the money they didn't pay Peters.

Not to mention the picks they would get for Peters.

But Hey, some people think we need a franchise Left Tackle to finish 7-9 3 years in a row. How Pitt and Arizona ever got to the Super Bowl without Jason Peters is still a mystery to me.

X-Era
03-13-2009, 07:18 AM
I'd rather see Walker play LT for $5 million per year and the Bills sign somebody who can rush the passer with the money they didn't pay Peters.

Not to mention the picks they would get for Peters.

But Hey, some people think we need a franchise Left Tackle to finish 7-9 3 years in a row. How Pitt and Arizona ever got to the Super Bowl without Jason Peters is still a mystery to me.

I think Walker is paid almost 7 mill or 7 mill per year.

It was a 5 year, 25 mill with a 10 mill signing bonus.

It would come down to whether they amortized the SB over the length or not.

X-Era
03-13-2009, 07:19 AM
well after today's News' article, confirming how far apart they are.. A trade may end up being in the works.

I bet they get the deal done mid season and for 9-10

TacklingDummy
03-13-2009, 07:28 AM
I think Walker is paid almost 7 mill or 7 mill per year.

According to Clumps page if I read it correctly Walker cost the Bills $3 million salary, $1 million in Amortized Bonuses, and $1,507,280 in Other Bonus.

3+1+1.5 = $5.5

Akhippo
03-13-2009, 12:59 PM
My worries. He gave up close to the most sacks by a LT last year. People complain that if we get rid of Peters that Edwards will be picking himself up off the ground. Well, he did that plenty last year with Peters in there.

Dont give me the holdout and Dockery etc. Walter Jones would hold out all camp then come in and dominate. But we give Peters a four month pass to get into game shape. Alot of his sacks were straight up getting his arse beat sacks.

He also seems like he walks a fine line between caring and being dominate to a ho hum attitude that gets Trent hammered. Do you feel comfortable giving him so much money to be so hit and miss.

I have no problem with them resigning him for the long term or getting a nice bounty for trading him. We would need at least two first for sure, and a possible pick next year based on achievements.

topher180
03-13-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry, I know this is off topic but realdealryan has the best sig pic in history.

I only wish Ralph's handlers will put his hat on a little sideways by accident one day so you can update it.