PDA

View Full Version : Pettigrew to do private workout with...

T-Long
03-13-2009, 10:03 AM
US!

LINK (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2009/03/pettigrew-to-visit-buf.html)

OpIv37
03-13-2009, 10:08 AM
While we need a TE, LG and DE are more important at this point.

The Spaz
03-13-2009, 10:08 AM
If he gets his 40 down to a 4.6 I wouldn't mind but if he really is a 4.8 guy no thanks.

T-Long
03-13-2009, 10:11 AM
I think he'll improve his 40 time at his own pro day...it will be interesting to see. If that's the case, we are going to have to make a tough decision. Granted, I'm all for getting our pass rusher b/c I think that is our biggest need...but what if Orakpo, Brown, or even Raji are all gone?

psubills62
03-13-2009, 10:11 AM
People are probably going to get all mad, but just because we look at a guy doesn't mean we'll pick him. It usually means they have some questions about him that they want to have answered.

I'm sure the Bills will seriously consider him depending on who else is on the board at 11.

SquishDaFish
03-13-2009, 10:12 AM
If those 3 are gone and we cant trade out I wouldnt mind drafting him. But rather one of the other 3

Saratoga Slim
03-13-2009, 10:16 AM
If those 3 are gone and we cant trade out I wouldnt mind drafting him. But rather one of the other 3

I generally agree. Though I might even consider a LB first, depending on what we do in FA.

Pinkerton Security
03-13-2009, 10:25 AM
im not gonna be downtrodden if we get this dude, but I will be a tad disappointed.

DraftBoy
03-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Sure bring him in, I dont see any issue with that.

patmoran2006
03-13-2009, 10:27 AM
me neither.
But I"ll be sick if we use the 11th pick on him. Trade down if you want him, NOBODY else is taking him anywhere around 11th.

BTW, I think Jermaine Gresham should've came out. I think he's a better TE and the Bills probably take him in that case.

OpIv37
03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
im not gonna be downtrodden if we get this dude, but I will be a tad disappointed.

depends how it plays out. If there are no DE's or LB's worthy of 11 left on the board, I'm all for it. But if someone like Orakpo is still there and we take Pettigrew instead, I'm gonna be pissed.

Aero II
03-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Great News!!! Usually players get drafted by teams that never even talked to them.

Pinkerton Security
03-13-2009, 10:48 AM
depends how it plays out. If there are no DE's or LB's worthy of 11 left on the board, I'm all for it. But if someone like Orakpo is still there and we take Pettigrew instead, I'm gonna be pissed.

o definitely. i'd be outraged.

ddaryl
03-13-2009, 10:48 AM
If he gets his 40 down to a 4.6 I wouldn't mind but if he really is a 4.8 guy no thanks.

the 40 time means nothing... He'l do just fine at the NFL level IMO... Plus we don't need him to be a field stretcher. We need him to be a good blocker and to find space and get open.

however we have more pressing needs and there are better options at #11...

but I would not be surprised to see the Bills trade back from #11 for pciks and pick up Pewttigrew, I just hope we don't take him at #11...

Pinkerton Security
03-13-2009, 10:49 AM
the 40 time means nothing... He'l do just fine at the NFL level IMO... Plus we don't need him to be a field stretcher. We need him to be a good blocker and to find space and get open.

but I would not be surprised to see the Bills trade back from #11 for pciks and pick up Pewttigrew, I just hope we don't take him at #11...
we dont need him to be a field stretcher, but we need him to at least present a semblance of a catching threat, which royal never, ever did.

DraftBoy
03-13-2009, 10:53 AM
me neither.
But I"ll be sick if we use the 11th pick on him. Trade down if you want him, NOBODY else is taking him anywhere around 11th.

BTW, I think Jermaine Gresham should've came out. I think he's a better TE and the Bills probably take him in that case.

No he made the smart call, he's ready now but next year he has no real challengers for the top spot. His one issue is blocking which Pettigrew does well. This class is also top heavy and next years class doesnt appear that way as of right now. Next years TE class he will without a doubt be the top guy and the next closest guy will be nowhere near him. Right now its;

1. Jermain Gresham
2. Garrett Graham

There is too much of a drop off there which will put a premium on Gresham and force his stock up due to lack of supply. This year there is a surplus of TE's which is why you may seem some drop because teams will be more willing to wait with so many good ones available.

ddaryl
03-13-2009, 11:01 AM
we dont need him to be a field stretcher, but we need him to at least present a semblance of a catching threat, which royal never, ever did.

everyone says he has good hands.. His lack of stellar catch production was more of a product of Oklahomas run 1st mentality...

He is the top TE in the draft, and I hope we do land him, but only if its a trade down scenario where we get him at his proepr value and can use picks to fill in theother holes we must fill.

The Spaz
03-13-2009, 11:04 AM

I am so sick of not having a threat as a TE. I disagree. Yeah He doesn't have to have elite speed but he better be able to get the **** open and if he runs a 4.8 I don't think he will be a threat.

DrGraves
03-13-2009, 11:16 AM
We need to fill Left Tackle as well.

streetkings01
03-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Smoke screen!!!!! Since 2006 have we had private workouts with any of the guys we actually drafted? All this means is we dont have all the info on him that we need IMO.

ddaryl
03-13-2009, 12:55 PM
I am so sick of not having a threat as a TE. I disagree. Yeah He doesn't have to have elite speed but he better be able to get the **** open and if he runs a 4.8 I don't think he will be a threat.

what do you think Pete Metzellars ran the 40 in ???

psubills62
03-13-2009, 01:07 PM

John Carlson was a pretty darn good threat for a sucky Seahawks team last year as a rookie. I think his 40 was worse than Pettigrew's.

Akhippo
03-13-2009, 01:26 PM
I want speed on the outside; Size, blocking, hands, and seperation skills from the TE. Actually throwing to the TE would open up the passing game a bit. LBers who know the TE isnt getting a pass can just sit and double someone else. But if they think there is the possibility, then they have to dedicate their attention which will free up someone.

Ill take Pettigrew, but about 16 or lower.

The Spaz
03-13-2009, 01:26 PM
what do you think Pete Metzellars ran the 40 in ???

Did we draft him at #11?

The Spaz
03-13-2009, 01:27 PM
John Carlson was a pretty darn good threat for a sucky Seahawks team last year as a rookie. I think his 40 was worse than Pettigrew's.

Was he drafted at #11?

yordad
03-13-2009, 01:28 PM
sTANDARD PREDRAFT-MISINFORMATION. Every thing is wordsback.

ddaryl
03-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Did we draft him at #11?

and we won't be drafting Pettigrew at #11 either..

madness
03-13-2009, 01:55 PM

Yep, he ran a 4.89 at the combine but improved to a 4.67 and 4.72 on his pro day(surprise, surprise).

40 times are way overrated. Pettigrew gets decent separation, uses his body well and has very soft hands for a big man. With Owens now aboard, I'm starting to warm up to the idea since he's an asset in the run game and the other big TE names are basically receivers in a TE body. I doubt any coach would want them in on run plays.

The Spaz
03-13-2009, 02:14 PM
I would like him but it better be late first if we do pick him.

TacklingDummy
03-13-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm sure the Bills will seriously consider him depending on who else is on the board at 11.Maybe the Bills are looking at getting other teams #1 in a trade and drafting BP later in the 1st round.

TacklingDummy
03-13-2009, 02:16 PM
I would like him but it better be late first if we do pick him. The Eagles 21st pick the Bills will acquire and use it on BP.

The Spaz
03-13-2009, 02:18 PM
The Eagles 21st pick the Bills will acquire and use it on BP.

That would be fine with me then.:)

Oaf
03-13-2009, 02:23 PM
He's a GREAT fit for the Bills. That said, I want answers at LB, OG, and DE first.

Night Train
03-13-2009, 02:23 PM
I have nothing against Pettigrew but I only want the Bills to be looking at Guard or someone in the front 7 of the D early.

DraftBoy
03-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Yep, he ran a 4.89 at the combine but improved to a 4.67 and 4.72 on his pro day(surprise, surprise).

40 times are way overrated. Pettigrew gets decent separation, uses his body well and has very soft hands for a big man. With Owens now aboard, I'm starting to warm up to the idea since he's an asset in the run game and the other big TE names are basically receivers in a TE body. I doubt any coach would want them in on run plays.

That's not completely accurate Ingram, Coffman and Nelson are all above average blockers. While neither is as good as Pettigrew they are not liabilities like Cook, Casey, or Beckum.

madness
03-13-2009, 03:37 PM
That's not completely accurate Ingram, Coffman and Nelson are all above average blockers. While neither is as good as Pettigrew they are not liabilities like Cook, Casey, or Beckum.

I'd agree only on Coffman as being above average. I feel Ingram has a lot to learn and Nelson is average.