PDA

View Full Version : I hate the summer

Rude American
05-13-2003, 09:40 AM
too freaking hot, no NHL, no Plymouth Whalers, and no Plymouth Whalers girlfriends too look at. :D

I wish I lived somewhere else....somewhere good, like Cape Cod so I could watch some cape league ball games, or on the coast in N. Carolina or something. Somewhaere near water. Greater Detroit sucks. Can you folks beleive I turned down a job in La Jolla? What was I thinking? I'm so ashamed. :baghead:

LtBillsFan66
05-13-2003, 09:44 AM
Good time to start training for next hockey season.

http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/251run2.html

Dozerdog
05-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Trust me, Cape Cod sucks in the summer. Unless you enjoy 3 hour traffic jams to get over the damn Bourne bridge. And the Uslands are worde, try making a reservation on a weekend to Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket on a ferry for your car- you need reservations weeks and some times months ahead of time.

Go there in September. Crowds are lower and the weather is still decent

Rude American
05-13-2003, 09:51 AM
BFO, cool workout link. Thanks!

Dozer, have you ever been a cape league ball game?

ticatfan
05-13-2003, 10:29 AM
Move to ottawa,you got the lynx baseball and of course the renegades football team who is speaking with dave dickenson as we speak.Then a short 20 minute drive to arnprior for the summer hockey league.I think the lynx are still the expos farm team.

Ebenezer
05-13-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by ticatfan
Move to ottawa,you got the lynx baseball

didn't they have a home game earlier this year where only 21 people showed up??

anyway...summer? it isn't even getting to 50 here today and it's raining again.

ticatfan
05-13-2003, 11:25 AM
Ya but if rude was there it would be 22 people.

Turf
05-13-2003, 12:27 PM
I live for the summer. I hate everything else we get up here.

Ð
05-13-2003, 02:54 PM
La Jolla's overated. Those damn sea lions are a nuisance.

Valerie
05-13-2003, 03:17 PM
I didn't see any sea lions in LaJolla when I was there, Big D. I saw a ton in San Francisco though. I love them!!! :) I stood on the pier and watched them for about a half an hour. I love the way they talk. I got a stuffed animal seal to remember my trip to San Fran and I named him Arfie, cause when they talk it sounds like they're saying "arf." lol I would've loved to take a real one home with me. :)

As far as LaJolla being over-rated. Doug lives there, so it would be on the top of my list if I ever moved to the west coast. ;)

Ð
05-13-2003, 03:39 PM
That was La Jolla, California, not La Jolla, Nebraska, Jaded.
No wonder you didn't see any.

http://www.palomar.edu/oceanography/harbor_seals/beach.jpg

Sabre Ally
05-14-2003, 01:25 AM
There is no La Jolla in Nebraska. :shakeno:

J, I always wanted a seal too. I wish the zoo here had some.

Dozerdog
05-14-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Rude American
BFO, cool workout link. Thanks!

Dozer, have you ever been a cape league ball game?

I used to as a kid on vacation. Uncle Reggie used to take us all the time.

I avoid the Cape like a plague now, since traffic ruined the place the past 6-7 years.

The Minors have really taken off in New England. there has to be 7-8 AA teams and just as many single A teams in the region. Same with Hockey- 9 AHL teams within a 3 hour drive, 7 of them within 70 miles of my house, 3 within 35.

Cape Cod league really has lost it's luster.

Dozerdog
05-14-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I didn't see any sea lions in LaJolla when I was there, Big D. I saw a ton in San Francisco though. I love them!!! :) I stood on the pier and watched them for about a half an hour. I love the way they talk. I got a stuffed animal seal to remember my trip to San Fran and I named him Arfie, cause when they talk it sounds like they're saying "arf." lol I would've loved to take a real one home with me. :)

As far as LaJolla being over-rated. Doug lives there, so it would be on the top of my list if I ever moved to the west coast. ;)

Taxidermy is a wonderful thing. And if you club them with a Cape Cod league baseball bat, they don't leave a mark on the nice fur coat you get out of it either.

Ð
05-14-2003, 07:10 AM
This thread is phoqued up.

Earthquake Enyart
05-14-2003, 07:27 AM
Ottawa is Indian for Watertown.

ticatfan
05-14-2003, 07:51 AM
ottawa is the name of a indian tribe that lived near lakes superior and michigan.

Valerie
05-14-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally J, I always wanted a seal too. I wish the zoo here had some.
:) You should come down this way and we can go to the Baltimore Aquarium. I'm pretty sure they have seals there. It's a great aquarium. One of the best, IMO. I think it's time for a road trip, Ally.:redcar:

BTW, how is the zoo job working out? I hope you're enjoying it!!!! :)

Rude American
05-14-2003, 11:27 AM
Like you've been to SOOOOO many aquariums. :rolleyes:

Valerie
05-14-2003, 01:19 PM
I haven't been to a lot, but I've been to a few. Probably more than you have. Anytime I go somewhere I've never been before, I visit whatever animal thing they have. In San Francisco I went to the zoo. In San Diego I went to the zoo, an outdoor wild life thing and Sea World. :) In Chicago I went to the Shedd Aquarium. In NYC I've been to the Bronx zoo. In DC I've been to the zoo and the aquarium in DC and the one in Baltimore. In Ocean City, MD I've been to Assateague Island to see the wild horses. In Florida I've been to the wild life park in Disney. And, eventually I'm going to go to Discovery Cove and spend an entire day with the mammals of the ocean! I can't wait to do that!

I'm sure I've been to more places, but these are the ones that came to mind. I love going to different places and visiting the animals. :) Maybe that's what you can do over the summer. Visit some animal places. :) You just might enjoy it.

Rude American
05-14-2003, 01:43 PM
I hate animals because most of them lie about being abused just to get their owners in trouble.

ticatfan
05-14-2003, 01:47 PM
Thats why we have guns.

Valerie
05-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Wild animals don't have owners. :rolleyes: I'm sure there's a zoo or something by you. You should go check it out.

You should also rethink the whole pet thing. If you want to attract women, pets do! :) I can't tell you how many guys I've met because of their dog. You'll have women crawling all over you!!! Just be sure to get a cute dog, not a doberman, pitbull or a rottweiler. Labs and goldens are cute. But, if you can only have something small, cocker spaniels are adorable!!!!

ticatfan
05-14-2003, 01:57 PM
I don't think that will help.lol

Ð
05-14-2003, 03:37 PM
What kind of guy would own a cocker spaniel ?

Valerie
05-14-2003, 03:45 PM
lol My friend Art had two cocker spaniels. Buster (the little brown one) and Zack (the little black one). They were adorable!! They died though. :(

I was just trying to think of small dogs and that was the first breed that came to mind. I don't like little yappy dogs at all and cockers aren't very yappy.

Ð
05-14-2003, 03:59 PM
I take it Art's either gay or someone else (i.e. spouse) picked the dog breed for him...

Valerie
05-14-2003, 04:45 PM
He's gay. lol But his dogs were really cute. :)