PDA

View Full Version : Its not all the Sabres fault.

mchurchfie
03-13-2009, 11:38 AM
I know that they haven't helped themselves with some of their halfass efforts but their shortcomings in the standings aren't all their fault. This Eastern Conference is the hockey version of the AFC East. Every damn team is tough to beat, no pushovers at all.

OpIv37
03-13-2009, 11:57 AM
I know that they haven't helped themselves with some of their halfass efforts but their shortcomings in the standings aren't all their fault. This Eastern Conference is the hockey version of the AFC East. Every damn team is tough to beat, no pushovers at all.

I think Boston, New Jersey and Washington are good.

The rest of the East is inconsistent. But going along with what you're saying, that's what makes it difficult. Florida, Philadelphia, Montreal, Carolina, even Ottawa and Pittsburgh- they're not that good, but they're not that bad either. Some nights they show up and they're really hard to beat. Talent-wise, the Sabres are roughly on the same level as these teams (better than some in that group, certainly), and they're just as inconsistent, so it's a brutal mix.

The East is just good enough that there are no "gimmie" games.

Nighthawk
03-13-2009, 12:51 PM
The Eastern Conference isn't that good...just a bunch of mediocre teams who can't win consistently. The Western Conference is much stronger and I see Detroit or San Jose winning it all this year.

bigbub2352
03-13-2009, 01:33 PM
good thing we traded for Dominic Moore

OpIv37
03-13-2009, 01:49 PM
good thing we traded for Dominic Moore

I have no complaints about Moore. I blame it on the FO for not doing enough.

Sometimes I really wonder what they were thinking. Clearly, they weren't ready to give up on the team as we weren't sellers at the deadline. But at the same time, I seriously hope the people in the Sabres FO weren't thinking along the lines of "This team is a Dominic Moore away from a deep playoff run!"

If so, they're stupid and delusional.

SabreEleven
03-13-2009, 02:05 PM

Ok, LW, why don't you post the story about the Sabres being sick to prove your point also.