3. Eric Steinbach $9.166M
    4. Joe Thomas $8.86M
    5. Walter Jones $8.6M
    6. Max Starks $8.45M (Franchised)
    7. Orlando Pace $8.17M
    8. Stacy Andrews $7.45M
    9. Chad Clifton $7.03M
    10. Jeff Faine $7M

So going by this information where do you feel Peters belongs.

I personally would give him a salary of the average of top 10, this includes signing bonus amortisized over the length of the contract. This equals 8.6 million per season

I would then add incentives for the Bill making the playoffs, for starting all 16 games, for making the probowl etc... and if all the incentives were made he would be the highest paid OL in the league... If not he would be the 5th highest paid OL in the league.

but it is lookin glike Peters just wants 11 - 12 million per season straight up, and I would never agree to that type of deal, and would trade him if he refuses to be reasonable.

• The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Top 10 NFL OL salaries

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

yes that is where I pilferred the info from

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
        • Aug 2004

Should be top 5

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Thats how screwed up the nfl is. Rookies make more than proven vets before they are able to prove themselves.
          Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-13-2009, 02:01 PM.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            Thats how screwed up the nfl is. Rookies make more thgan prvoen vets before they are able to prove themselves.
            and its screwing up vet salaries now too.

Jake Long as a rookie became the highest paid OL in the game, and now it is being used as ammunition to make justify paying Peters that much.

If there isn't a hard cap placed on rookie salaries there will be many more headaches for teams to come.

I feel sorry for Detroit now... if they pick a OL there going to have to pay him more then Jake Long
            Last edited by ddaryl; 03-13-2009, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

I'm ok with 8.5 + 1 mil for pro bowl + 1 mil for playoffs. That makes him the highest paid lineman who didn't get a ******ed contract based on draft status.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
                1. Jake Long $11.5M
                2. Jordan Gross $10M
                4. Joe Thomas $8.86M
                5. Walter Jones $8.6M
                7. Orlando Pace $8.17M
                8. Stacy Andrews $7.45M
                9. Chad Clifton $7.03M
                10. Jeff Faine $7M

I personally would give him a salary of the average of top 10, this includes signing bonus amortisized over the length of the contract. This equals 8.6 million per season

I would then add incentives for the Bill making the playoffs, for starting all 16 games, for making the probowl etc... and if all the incentives were made he would be the highest paid OL in the league... If not he would be the 5th highest paid OL in the league.

but it is lookin glike Peters just wants 11 - 12 million per season straight up, and I would never agree to that type of deal, and would trade him if he refuses to be reasonable.
                He should easily get as much as Jordan Gross. I would give him 10.2 mil a season and make him the highest paid OT in the league besides Long cause of his draft selection.

Pay the man and move on. Its not like were going to ever get a better LT than him and if we do how much cheaper will he really be? Plus Peters is 27 years old, that's at least 7 more years of production. He's worth it.

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

and its screwing up vet salaries now too.

Jake Long as a rookie became the highest paid OL in the game, and now it is being used as ammunition to make justify paying Peters that much.

If there isn't a hard cap placed on rookie salaries there will be many more headaches for teams to come.

I feel sorry for Detroit now... if they pick a OL there going to have to pay him more then Jake Long
                  No doubt. And it probably won't matter what they draft. Those rookie contracts are based on draft position, not playing position (for the most part). They will look at what last years #1 signed for, and work toward a raise (even if the picked a kicker).
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Mahdi
                    He should easily get as much as Jordan Gross. I would give him 10.2 mil a season and make him the highest paid OT in the league besides Long cause of his draft selection.

Pay the man and move on. Its not like were going to ever get a better LT than him and if we do how much cheaper will he really be? Plus Peters is 27 years old, that's at least 7 more years of production. He's worth it.
                    You are forgetting Gross had Carolina by the balls. The Bills have Peters by the balls. Paying him as much as Gross when we have all the leverage would just be plain dumb.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

1. Jake Long $11.5M
                      2. Jordan Gross $10M
                      4. Joe Thomas $8.86M
                      5. Walter Jones $8.6M
                      7. Orlando Pace $8.17M
                      8. Stacy Andrews $7.45M
                      9. Chad Clifton $7.03M
                      10. Jeff Faine $7M

7.5 Million.

If we go by how many sacks JP allowed he'll get somewhere in the 30+ ranked OL money.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by yordad
                        You are forgetting Gross had Carolina by the balls. The Bills have Peters by the balls. Paying him as much as Gross when we have all the leverage would just be plain dumb.
                        I don't think we do have Peters by the Balls though... this team wants to make the playoffs and you don't want a disgruntled LT, who in fairness, should be paid as much or more than Jordan Gross.

He's worth the money, he is top 5 at his position, he has been playing for 2 years with a sub-par contract, so he has already lost out on some money making years. So IMO, he should be paid his worth. Every other team with All-Pro LTs had to do it and the Bills should be no different.

We got rid of Dockery so we can pay Peters, get it done. 7 years, $71 million.
                        Last edited by Mahdi; 03-13-2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

i'm sorry, but I don't see what he has done that makes him worth more than Gross. I'd put him in the Top 5, and that's it. Right above Steinbach.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
                            I don't think we do have Peters by the Balls though... this team wants to make the playoffs and you don't want a disgruntled LT, who in fairness, should be paid as much or more than Jordan Gross.

He's worth the money, he is top 5 at his position, he has been playing for 2 years with a sub-par contract, so he has already lost out on some money making years. So IMO, he should be paid his worth. Every other team with All-Pro LTs had to do it and the Bills should be no different.

We got rid of Dockery so we can pay Peters, get it done. 7 years, $71 million.
                            1) He played last year and what happened? 7-9...he sucked...he got injured again...and he got voted to the pro bowl for reasons no one can fathom.

2) Let's say we paid him 11.5M a year. What happens when another LT gets $12.5M? HOLD-OUT!! Peters has already proven contracts mean zip to him.

3) Peters is an ungrateful fat bastard who does not care one but about this team. His rep is inflated by his undeserved pro bowl vote in 2008. He made absolutely no difference to the Bills last year. None. In fact Edwards got hit even more when Peters played. So why on earth do you bend over and take it just to make a jerk like him happy? Especially when jerks like Peters are never happy?

I say trade him. If you can't get 2 #1 picks or something else of value, bench him for two years.

PTR
                            10 Commandments of the D
                            1. Never stop Rocking.
                            2. Legalize all drugs.
                            3. Quit your day job.
                            4. All Religion should be taxed.
                            5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                            6. F**k her gently.
                            7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                            8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                            9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                            10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                              1) He played last year and what happened? 7-9...he sucked...he got injured again...and he got voted to the pro bowl for reasons no one can fathom.

2) Let's say we paid him 11.5M a year. What happens when another LT gets $12.5M? HOLD-OUT!! Peters has already proven contracts mean zip to him.

3) Peters is an ungrateful fat bastard who does not care one but about this team. His rep is inflated by his undeserved pro bowl vote in 2008. He made absolutely no difference to the Bills last year. None. In fact Edwards got hit even more when Peters played. So why on earth do you bend over and take it just to make a jerk like him happy? Especially when jerks like Peters are never happy?

I say trade him. If you can't get 2 #1 picks or something else of value, bench him for two years.

PTR
                              No one is saying pay him 11.5.

He's been playing with RT $$ for a couple of years now. Pay the man. I doubt he'll be asking for more money as long as this next contract he signs is signed as a LT.

Signing TO won't mean anything if Trent is on his arse and we know that Trent gets rattled when he starts getting insecure about certain positions. Both TO and Lee are gonna need time to get downfield.

This wouldn't have been a problem if the bills were paying the right people money instead of paying guys like Kelsay. The bills created the holes not the players.

He may not be a top LT last year but he's the best option we got. Going via the draft is only going to delay things and knowing our coaches, they take forever to get our top talent to develop thats if they even get it right.

We all thought Reed was overpaid but based on what he does for the team, he's become a bargain. Peters could end up a bargain once it becomes an uncapped year.
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-13-2009, 02:54 PM.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X