PDA

View Full Version : It appears that Crowell may not be done in Buffalo....

Michael82
03-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Buffalo Bills free-agent LB Angelo Crowell has scheduled a Monday meeting with his former team to discuss re-joining the only franchise he’s played for in his six NFL seasons, according to a source close to Crowell.

Things might not get to that point, though, as Crowell has entered into preliminary negotiations with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, most likely for a one-year contract.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/13/bucs-bills-in-running-for-free-agent-lb-crowell/

Patrick76777
03-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Buffalo Bills free-agent LB Angelo Crowell has scheduled a Monday meeting with his former team to discuss re-joining the only franchise he’s played for in his six NFL seasons, according to a source close to Crowell.

Things might not get to that point, though, as Crowell has entered into preliminary negotiations with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, most likely for a one-year contract.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/13/bucs-bills-in-running-for-free-agent-lb-crowell/

If this is true.........Man has Pat been off lately!

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2009, 03:18 PM
If this is true.........Man has Pat been off lately!
Yep
PAT WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY

Mudflap1
03-13-2009, 03:19 PM
:rofl:

patmoran2006
03-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Watch....
Not happening.

Slim
Wow. I was not expecting this.

Mudflap1
He was decent... but I don't really think I want him back... he's damaged goods now.

patmoran2006
03-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Wow. I was not expecting this.
Don't get into it man.

Nobody wants the Bills to get Crowell back more than me. .I've been a HUGE Crowell mark on this board for over two years.

But I'm telling you, it is not going to happen.

The Spaz
03-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Don't get into it man.

Nobody wants the Bills to get Crowell back more than me. .I've been a HUGE Crowell mark on this board for over two years.

But I'm telling you, it is not going to happen.

Maybe not but there is a chance hence the meeting.

The Spaz
03-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Bucs only offered a 1 year deal? That may tell you about his health status as well.

ddaryl
03-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I owuld be thrilled to get Crowell back, and their is no reason why we can't also sign June and release Ellsion

patmoran2006
03-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I hope there is, and I hope he signs. He's A LOT better when healthy than June or Keiaho.

But Angelo Crowell will not be a Buffalo Bill in 2009. And I find it very hard to believe the Bills are meeting with him Monday, and I know of several media sources locally that are going to feel the same.

homeslice5484
03-13-2009, 03:29 PM
anything can happen...no one expected TO

Patrick76777
03-13-2009, 03:32 PM
I hope there is, and I hope he signs. He's A LOT better when healthy than June or Keiaho.

But Angelo Crowell will not be a Buffalo Bill in 2009. And I find it very hard to believe the Bills are meeting with him Monday, and I know of several media sources locally that are going to feel the same.

Really putting your rep on the line there pat. I hope you're right.

patmoran2006
03-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Really putting your rep on the line there pat. I hope you're right.
no, I hope that I am WRONG.

patmoran2006
03-13-2009, 03:36 PM
I wouldnt be the only one either.
Allen Wilson, who covers the Bills full time for a living, had this direct quote about Angelo Crowell.

"Crowell is history. As I mentioned earlier, the Bills haven't ruled out a free agent linebacker. "

Buddo
03-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Bah...humbug.
It does make you wonder though. Maybe he's eaten some humble pie to Ralph.
It's surprising what an apology/explanation can do sometimes. While Ralph may hold a grudge, if there's no explanation or apology, if there is, then will he still?
If that was the case, Crow has probably got more of a shot at getting moderately decent money from the Bills, who know his history well, than from anyone else.
His only other option really, would be to try and wait until he's fully fit, and then go 'on tour' again, if he wants a decent deal. Fully fit, Crow is a lot better option for many teams. Still a big gamble for him though.

Goobylal
03-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Time heals all wounds. Or is that time wounds all heels?

In any case, Crowell's best decision would be to sign a 1-year deal with the Bills. The Bucs are going to be really bad this year, and he doesn't know their system.

camelcowboy
03-13-2009, 04:42 PM
maybe angelo is kissing some serious arse

DrGraves
03-13-2009, 04:45 PM
oh those tricky bills.

T-Long
03-13-2009, 04:53 PM
I truly think the guy wants to be here. I bet they told him to go out and see what we can get, and if THEY want, they can match it. Guess we'll have to wait and see...but I would want Crowell over ANY of the ones we brought in.

Jeff1220
03-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Maybe Crow is a big TO fan. lol.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Actually in Today's Sully chat in Buffalo News, he mentioned that Allen told him the Bills are looking at an OLB, whom he refused to name.

Maybe Crowell is that un-named OLB.

jimbohastle51
03-13-2009, 09:57 PM
i do know that him and kawika mitchell are like best friends, and part of the reason mitchell signed with us was because of him, so maybe he will come back to us on a one year deal. hey our doctors know him best and he is recovering from his injury still. not saying it will happen but the meeting is obviously a chance for him to try to get an offer and bring it to the bills and see if they will match it or not. i think Goff will be signed by tuesday though. if he gets here goff isnt leaving buffalo. he is a 2 year stop gap and he wont require a ton of money.

jimbohastle51
03-13-2009, 09:59 PM
I truly think the guy wants to be here. I bet they told him to go out and see what we can get, and if THEY want, they can match it. Guess we'll have to wait and see...but I would want Crowell over ANY of the ones we brought in.

i agree, i mean if you are going to have to sign a one year deal to prove you can still play at a high level why not stay in your comfort zone for that year. why would you make a TON of change in your life at this pivotal point in your career.

Oaf
03-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Doesn't Goff sorta suck?

Goobylal
03-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Doesn't Goff sorta suck?
Not really. And time to change your sig.

X-Era
03-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Actually in Today's Sully chat in Buffalo News, he mentioned that Allen told him the Bills are looking at an OLB, whom he refused to name.

Maybe they are watching the Julian Peterson situation

patmoran2006
03-14-2009, 09:57 AM

IHe mentioned a guard, not a OLB--- I think

WeAreArthurMoates
03-14-2009, 10:17 AM
IHe mentioned a guard, not a OLB--- I think

Yes it was a guard he mentioned. Could be Goff but I gotta think it's Bentley seeing he's coming in for a workout.

patmoran2006
03-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Id be all for giving Bentley a shot.. Got nothing to lose.

ANd I would be REALLY happy if Crowell ended up back in Buffalo; I just totally don't see it happening.

bigbub2352
03-14-2009, 10:28 AM
crowell or peterson goff or simmons both fill needs going into the draft
bigbub would be happy

WeAreArthurMoates
03-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Id be all for giving Bentley a shot.. Got nothing to lose.

ANd I would be REALLY happy if Crowell ended up back in Buffalo; I just totally don't see it happening.

Ya I'd be happy with Bently as well. Sounds hunger as hell and claims to a 100%. If he is that would be a great pick-up, strong, tough, nasty and would provide good depth. Take a guy like Andy Kemp in the 4th and our line is solid, that is if the Peters situation gets taken care of. I still think it does just cuz no one thought we would actually pony up to pay Lee 9 mil.

jimbohastle51
03-14-2009, 12:44 PM
why is everyone so high on Bentley? he hasnt played football in YEARS, his knee is gone, i mean complete bone on bone, and he isnt just going to show up after not playing in 3 years and just win the LG spot (which isnt even his position anyways). A) he is a center. B) he had 1 practice last offseason in the NFL with the browns before they released him and he didnt get a sniff on the open market BECAUSE HE SAID HE DIDNT WANT TO PLAY GUARD! its going to be Goff and everyones hopes are going to probably be crushed because he isnt the really high level G like a brian waters or big name like LaCharles Bentley but he is a very solid NFL starter who is just on the tail end of his career. hes around 33 close to 34 i believe and probably looking for 2 more years in the NFL. his specialty is run blocking too so that is really good for us.

feldspar
03-15-2009, 10:39 AM
It does make youwonder though. Maybe he's eaten some humble pie to Ralph.
It's surprising what an apology/explanation can do sometimes. While Ralph may hold a grudge, if there's no explanation or apology, if there is, then will he still?

Maybe Ralph owes a few apologies of his own.

The Bills doctors advised that Crowell's injury would get better over time, and that waiting it out would be preferable to surgery. This takes time. When all that time went by and it wasn't getting healed up enough to play, that's when Crowell made the right decision by himself. I know that it was Crowell's decision to make all along, but I don't see how the Bills can have animosity for a person that followed their advise. The Bills gave Crowell a bum steer and then Ralph turned around and blamed him for following the recommendation of team, which didn't work out. He never "quit on the team" as Ralph said.

Crowell would have been back by the time the Bills were 5-1 at the latest had he gotten the surgery he was planning on. We kept a rookie tight end on the roster for longer than Crowell was projected to be out, and Schobel was out for like 8 weeks before we put him on IR. So we put Crowell on IR just hours of getting the news of his surgery and give him a bad rep in a lot of people's minds and did a lot of damage to his career. Ralph never gave on hint of responsibility for the Bills giving him the wrong advice either.

This is NOT all Crowell's fault.

HHURRICANE
03-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Maybe Ralph owes a few apologies of his own.

The Bills doctors advised that Crowell's injury would get better over time, and that waiting it out would be preferable to surgery. This takes time. When all that time went by and it wasn't getting healed up enough to play, that's when Crowell made the right decision by himself. I know that it was Crowell's decision to make all along, but I don't see how the Bills can have animosity for a person that followed their advise. The Bills gave Crowell a bum steer and then Ralph turned around and blamed him for following the recommendation of team, which didn't work out. He never "quit on the team" as Ralph said.

Crowell would have been back by the time the Bills were 5-1 at the latest had he gotten the surgery he was planning on. We kept a rookie tight end on the roster for longer than Crowell was projected to be out, and Schobel was out for like 8 weeks before we put him on IR. So we put Crowell on IR just hours of getting the news of his surgery and give him a bad rep in a lot of people's minds and did a lot of damage to his career. Ralph never gave on hint of responsibility for the Bills giving him the wrong advice either.

This is NOT all Crowell's fault.

Great post. Crowell might have been guilty of being too optimistic.

I could forgive the Bills for th medical evaluation but not the way we handled the IR situation.

Goobylal
03-15-2009, 12:57 PM
If the medical staff truly said he didn't need surgery, then I can't blame him for his decision. But given the situation, I also can't blame the Bills for putting him on IR. He was supposed to miss anywhere 4-6 weeks after getting just the minor procedure (instead of the major one like he needed) and likely wouldn't have been 100% for the remainder of the season. And his absence, and the defense in general, wasn't the reason the season tanked: it was the offense. Plus it allowed Crowell to get the correct surgery, while getting paid his $1.75M salary.