PDA

View Full Version : "Well-known OG to visit Buffalo"

theanswer74
03-13-2009, 05:01 PM
So who is it? Pat, your the one with the Buffalo News sources. Call up Allen Wilson and ask him.

Lecharles Bentley?

11:14
[Comment From John]
Look into your crystal ball and tell me what you see the Bills doing at left guard. Do you see a vet FA signing, or a rookie draft pick lining up at LG on opening day. Please don't tell me Kirk Chambers is our next left guard!

11:16
Chambers is not a guard. He's a tackle. Don't know why that keeps coming up. I can envision them drafting a left guard (Duke Robinson of Oklahoma would be a great fit in the second round), but they will continue to evaluate the free agent market. There is a well-known name that could be in for a workout. I can't reveal the name because nothing has been scheduled yet. So stay tuned.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2009/03/allen-wilsons-live-chat.html

patmoran2006
03-13-2009, 05:03 PM
I dont know what Allen Wilson knows, or who he is referring too. He is definitely credible though, he has a lot of people within the organization.
I heard that Michael Goff may be on his way to town very soon.

Nighthawk
03-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Kendall also would make sense. He wants to play LG and would bridge the gap for a younger LG that the Bills may take in the draft.

bflojohn
03-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Either remedy is acceptable, IMO!

DrGraves
03-13-2009, 05:20 PM
hoooray beer!

TonyBlack
03-13-2009, 05:52 PM
uhhhh maybe pace

camelcowboy
03-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Essex?

Lexwhat
03-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Tutan Reyes?

RUBEN BROWN??

patmoran2006
03-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Tutan Reyes.. LOL

Legend!

jimbohastle51
03-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Goff would be a solid addition and if we can lock him up for 2 years he would be really solid depth next season if we draft a rookie this year and he gets better.

DynaPaul
03-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Orlando Pace?

The Spaz
03-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Well he said well known G. So that cancels Pace. I know that Bentley is more known to be a center. Goff would be a nice choice.

Mudflap1
03-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Tutan Reyes.. LOL

Legend!

That's ridiculous! We shouldn't be messed with like that. It's not even funny.

The G visiting is Chris Villarial...............

Jon

methos4ever
03-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Actually, Chris is the Head Coach at St. Francis in PA. Ran into him at the Nike Coach of The Year Clinic.

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Trading for Waters?

rcd333
03-13-2009, 08:33 PM
its duke preston, he's well known because he's already played here for like years

TacklingDummy
03-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Reuben Brown

DrGraves
03-13-2009, 09:17 PM
KeNT HULLL!!!

realdealryan
03-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Did somebody say OG?
http://www.solcomhouse.com/images/ice-t-photo-ice-t-.jpg

cookie G
03-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Yes!!!

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/08/17/nfl.most.controversial/dobler.jpg

Oaf
03-13-2009, 09:58 PM
lol @ realdealryan.

Is Goff a viable starter still? Why has he generated absolutely no major interest so far and why did the Chargers drop him?

Kendall was snapped up by Jets two years ago and we were green with envy. Turns out he was not considered a fit by our staff and the Jets soon didn't want him either. pass. Duke Robinson in the 2nd.

jimbohastle51
03-13-2009, 10:05 PM
lol @ realdealryan.

Is Goff a viable starter still? Why has he generated absolutely no major interest so far and why did the Chargers drop him?

Kendall was snapped up by Jets two years ago and we were green with envy. Turns out he was not considered a fit by our staff and the Jets soon didn't want him either. pass. Duke Robinson in the 2nd.

because of age. he is almost 34 and a 12 year player. no one is looking to pay a starting LG that is his age, but we are in need of his services for the short term, so it works out for both of us. he is at worst a marginal upgrade over Doc. remember LT has been having KILLER years behind that O Line with him as the LG.

Jan Reimers
03-14-2009, 07:27 AM
Billy Shaw is coming back for a visit.

methos4ever
03-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Goff is a serviceable starter, particularly because of the fact they're moving away from the LT era in SD and toward the Rivers era. As a result, a guy that's a solid road grading G isn't needed and his replacement can either back up the new starter that can pass block on an elite level or do so a little better than Goff.

Bert102176
03-14-2009, 12:35 PM
uhhhh maybe pace

pace is a LT

yordad
03-14-2009, 12:44 PM
lol @ realdealryan.

Kendall was snapped up by Jets two years ago and we were green with envy. Turns out he was not considered a fit by our staff and the Jets soon didn't want him either. pass. Duke Robinson in the 2nd.Why not grab Goff if he is currently the best available, then draft Robinson if he is still there (which is looking more and more unlikely every week)? Win, win, we could use depth BIG TIME, and we have plenty cash under the cap.

Michael82
03-14-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm wondering if it's Waters. Wilson did mention a couple pieces that could connect together if it's him, including that KC is interested in Roscoe Parrish....

<TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class="chatmsgname viewer_text" noWrap>12:27

</TD><TD class="chatmsgtext viewer_text viewer_text_size">[Comment From bobb498]
Is Alvin Bowen a possibility to start at OLB? Is Steve Johnson our future #2 WR? I also hear that KC has shown some interest in Roscoe.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class="chatmsgname altcaster_text" noWrap>12:27

</TD><TD class="chatmsgtext altcaster_text altcaster_text_size">Right on all counts. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class="chatmsgname viewer_text" noWrap>12:10

</TD><TD class="chatmsgtext viewer_text viewer_text_size">[Comment From John]
What are the chances the Bills trade for OG Brian Waters or TE's Owen Daniels and Tony Scheffler? All these names have been rumored to be on the trade block.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class="chatmsgname altcaster_text" noWrap>12:11

</TD><TD class="chatmsgtext altcaster_text altcaster_text_size">I like Daniels and Scheffler. Both are excellent receivers. I mentioned Waters earlier. Anything is possible. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Or it's Pete Kendall....

<TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class="chatmsgname viewer_text" noWrap>12:18
</TD><TD class="chatmsgtext viewer_text viewer_text_size">[Comment From Jeff]
Chris Neole from Jax?....Hot, warm, cold? </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class="chatmsgname altcaster_text" noWrap>12:18
</TD><TD class="chatmsgtext altcaster_text altcaster_text_size">Keep trying. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class="chatmsgname viewer_text" noWrap>12:19

</TD><TD class="chatmsgtext viewer_text viewer_text_size">[Comment From Soupy]
Pete Kendall or Chris Naoele?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class="chatmsgname altcaster_text" noWrap>12:19

</TD><TD class="chatmsgtext altcaster_text altcaster_text_size">Good question, no answer. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jamze132
03-14-2009, 03:22 PM
It's obvious something is in the works and I think the reason we haven't heard anything on the LB front is because they are focusing on a trade for Waters with a restructured deal. This FO is too focused on the cash to cap thingy.