PDA

View Full Version : Possible Scenario(s)

The Spaz
03-14-2009, 01:02 AM
Just looking at all of these mock drafts and thinking about the Jason Peters situation and have a few thoughts. As much as I want us to resign Peters I do not want to overpay and would rather acquire picks if indeed a 1st rounder is offered. The 2nd scenario which I think is beneficial is if Michael Crabtree drops out of the top 10. If that happens teams have to start calling the Bills and have us acquire more picks. If these scenarios happen the Bills have lots of of options. With the possible addition of more picks we could move up, down, maybe acquire a player. Also the Bills front office would have to be smart and who knows if that would happen. Any thoughts on this?

BillsOwnAll
03-14-2009, 09:20 AM
if crabtree falls to 11 pick him up.

yordad
03-14-2009, 09:29 AM
My thoughts are I want 1 guy worthy of 11 (who has a slight chance of being there). One friggin guy. That is Orakpo. If we don't get him, the next guys I have on my radar are all around #20 (15-25) as prospects. If Orakpo is gone, maybe Crabtree falls (who I would originally would have loved to draft, but I don't know now). But, I think it is more likely one of the top 2 QBs fall.

There are a couple of teams that pick between 15-25 who would probably like to have a new shinny QB. Maybe we could get a bidding war to break out.

acehole
03-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Well LT is important.
J Peters is not.
L Walker will be fine.
Dont buy the Bills in a tough spot line.
If the word is out that he can be had he will be.
A #1 and a #3 will do it.
Teams at the top of this Draft board will be happy
to have J Peters over a first year OT.

We need those picks...we can trade down
with either ours or theirs and build a team for the next 5 years.

J Peters was a nice story...but it is over...

Just looking at all of these mock drafts and thinking about the Jason Peters situation and have a few thoughts. As much as I want us to resign Peters I do not want to overpay and would rather acquire picks if indeed a 1st rounder is offered. The 2nd scenario which I think is beneficial is if Michael Crabtree drops out of the top 10. If that happens teams have to start calling the Bills and have us acquire more picks. If these scenarios happen the Bills have lots of of options. With the possible addition of more picks we could move up, down, maybe acquire a player. Also the Bills front office would have to be smart and who knows if that would happen. Any thoughts on this?

Jan Reimers
03-14-2009, 09:35 AM
If Peters and his agent continue their ridiculous demands, I would happily trade Peters for some high draft picks.

He stunk last year, anyway, and I really don't see his attitude getting better.

Commissioner
03-14-2009, 09:59 AM
I would trade Peters to the Eagles for a 1st and 2nd (They have 2 1st rounders).

Then if the Bills can I would trade back from #11 an aquire another 2nd rounder.

So we end up with 2 later 1st round picks and 3 2nd rounders.

With 5 picks in the 1st 2 rounds i would fill TE, LT, G, DE, and LB.

That's my dream draft.

acehole
03-14-2009, 10:06 AM
This would be fine for this fan.

Dont Be suprised if the DT falls we grab him at 11 though. He is a one gap penitrater and would provide pass rush from the inside freeing up shobell, stroud and Kelsay to make more plays. If we stay at 11 we will want a full time starter not a rotating DE. LB seems to high for 11 IMHO.

I would trade Peters to the Eagles for a 1st and 2nd (They have 2 1st rounders).

Then if the Bills can I would trade back from #11 an aquire another 2nd rounder.

That's my dream draft.

justasportsfan
03-14-2009, 10:13 AM
If Crabtree is there he would become a luxury pick for a team thats got lotsa holes especially if we let Peters go. I hope Crabtree can play LT or maybe move Reed to LT since he can block.

patmoran2006
03-14-2009, 10:25 AM

That's my dream draft.
A great scenario--- if you go out and pick u a vet stop gap at OT to groom a rookie.. A guy like Jon Runyan or Orlando Pace-- but keep in mind both are huge injury risks.

I do NOT think this team is going anywhere with Walker at LT and Chambers at RT.

DraftBoy
03-14-2009, 11:13 AM
A great scenario--- if you go out and pick u a vet stop gap at OT to groom a rookie.. A guy like Jon Runyan or Orlando Pace-- but keep in mind both are huge injury risks.

I do NOT think this team is going anywhere with Walker at LT and Chambers at RT.

This team isnt really going anywhere at this point anyways even with TO. Id almost prefer to give rookies more PT.

BillsOwnAll
03-14-2009, 01:09 PM
This team isnt really going anywhere at this point anyways even with TO. Id almost prefer to give rookies more PT.

Ya the seasons over in march...Damn we suck.

HHURRICANE
03-14-2009, 01:36 PM
If Peters and his agent continue their ridiculous demands, I would happily trade Peters for some high draft picks.

He stunk last year, anyway, and I really don't see his attitude getting better.

He' worth 9 million a year. The Bills haven't put that offer on the table yet so I'm trying to figure out why there are being ridiculous.

That's why they call it negotiations.

Peters will sign a new deal in Buffalo because risking anything less could mean a career ending injury if he plays without a new deal.

The Jokeman
03-14-2009, 07:29 PM

Runyan's a RT not a LT. Another option at LT if don't get Pace could be Khalif Barnes, I know he's struggled in Jacksonville but maybe can get him to a one year with an optional year type contract to see if can regain what made him look great as a rookie or if he falls flat on his face keep him around for a veteran swing T for backup purposes. EDIT: Another name to consider is Jonas Jennings who could be on the way out of San Francisco, I know he's an injury risk but if going to be drafting a replacement think he's a safe gamble.

TigerJ
03-14-2009, 08:35 PM
I agree there are a number of possible options if Peters continues to make demands the Bills will not meet. The best option is still to retain Peters if they can come to a reasonable agreement on compensation. Let's just play it by ear for a while, but you can dream if you like.

tonyc37
03-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Barnes already signed with the Raiders.You people kill with all this trade Peters talk.Walker nor Chambers are LT's in this league.Hell Chambers is a backup and thats it.You don't want to pay Peters but you want to draft a guy who may not be a starter in year one.None of these will the answer this year maybe not even next.Peters is your best option if you want to even sniff the playoffs.Getting one quality starter out of a draft is tough enough let alone 2-5 starters.

nateodoms'bff
03-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Runyan's a RT not a LT. Another option at LT if don't get Pace could be Khalif Barnes, I know he's struggled in Jacksonville but maybe can get him to a one year with an optional year type contract to see if can regain what made him look great as a rookie or if he falls flat on his face keep him around for a veteran swing T for backup purposes. EDIT: Another name to consider is Jonas Jennings who could be on the way out of San Francisco, I know he's an injury risk but if going to be drafting a replacement think he's a safe gamble.

The Jonas Jennings story didn't work out so well his first time in Buffalo, I don't need to see him wearing a Bills jersey again in my life.