PDA

View Full Version : James Hardy

The Juice Is Loose
03-14-2009, 09:09 AM
I just watched his mini highlight reel in NFL.com

We gave the guy a chance to do what we drafted him to do twice.

(Which is jump high for a catch around the goal line)

And twice he came down with it.

I think this guy is still going to be a force.

Jenkins will be the odd man out, Hardy will develop all year long along with Johnson.

This is going to be a sick WR corps when its all said and done by like November/December time frame.

SquishDaFish
03-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Well Hardy isnt going anywhere for sure. He will be a good-great WR after some more playing time. We can def have a sick passing game if he gets it all together this year.

Jan Reimers
03-14-2009, 09:16 AM
The trouble is, the highlight reel left out the lowlights, when Hardy - on more than one occasion - played small and nonaggressively.

But he was a rookie, and I think he has a chance to become a good receiver.

Tatonka
03-14-2009, 09:26 AM
DJ said that Hardy stayed back in Buffalo and has been working on his upper body strength. He also has called Moss to get tips and I am confident that he will learn quite a bit from TO. I think having TO there to help him learn how to use his big body is going to really help.

HHURRICANE
03-14-2009, 01:40 PM

Jenkins will be the odd man out, Hardy will develop all year long along with Johnson.

This is going to be a sick WR corps when its all said and done by like November/December time frame.

Dude, did you go to any of the games? The guy can't run a route. Why do you think they resigned Jenkins?

I think Hardy is going to be a bust pick.

BillsOwnAll
03-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Dude, did you go to any of the games? The guy can't run a route. Why do you think they resigned Jenkins?

yes alll first year wide outs should be pro bowlers! COME ON YOUR A SECOND ROUNDER!!!

yordad
03-14-2009, 01:45 PM
To fill out the roster? And because a # 6 WRs #1 contribution is special teams, were Jenkins excelled?

To say Jenkins was re-signed because Hardy isn't good at running route would be... misinformed.

mayotm
03-14-2009, 01:49 PM

I think Hardy is going to be a bust pick.If I'm not mistaken, Hardy didn't even play high school football. Thus, very new to the game. In addition, he played in a college program that was about as far from a pro style offense as you can get. I don't really know if Hardy will turn into a decent player or not. From what's been reported, he's a very hard worker and wants to get better. That's a start. To label him a bust at this point is just ignorant.

HHURRICANE
03-14-2009, 01:52 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Hardy didn't even play high school football. Thus, very new to the game. In addition, he played in a college program that was about as far from a pro style offense as you can get. I don't really know if Hardy will turn into a decent player or not. From what's been reported, he's a very hard worker and wants to get better. That's a start. To label him a bust at this point is just ignorant.

Unless he's my kid I don't care if he's a hard worker or new to the position.

He can't run routes and dropped his fair share of balls.

He had 87 yards. He's looking like a bust considering the coaches went out and said they got him to have an impact on day one.

jimbohastle51
03-14-2009, 01:52 PM
its pretty obvious actually. you know for a fact that evans, owens, reed, are going to make the team and you also know that hardy and johnson are the future at the position for the team and they are both locks for roster spots. now you have 2 guys left for 1 spot. roscoe, and justin jenkins. jenkins is a guaranteed special teamer, the team will NOT let him catch a pass in a live NFL game unless they are forced to. roscoe is a valuable return man and is able to make a play here and there in the passing game but is he worth his almost 4 million a year salary??? basically i think you see roscoe either making the team and jenkins getting cut or jenkins makes it for special teams only and roscoe gets traded for a 3rd-4th rounder.

HHURRICANE
03-14-2009, 01:54 PM
its pretty obvious actually. you know for a fact that evans, owens, reed, are going to make the team and you also know that hardy and johnson are the future at the position for the team and they are both locks for roster spots. now you have 2 guys left for 1 spot. roscoe, and justin jenkins. jenkins is a guaranteed special teamer, the team will NOT let him catch a pass in a live NFL game unless they are forced to. roscoe is a valuable return man and is able to make a play here and there in the passing game but is he worth his almost 4 million a year salary??? basically i think you see roscoe either making the team and jenkins getting cut or jenkins makes it for special teams only and roscoe gets traded for a 3rd-4th rounder.

I really agree that Roscoe is not a Bill by the start of the season.

mayotm
03-14-2009, 01:59 PM

He had 87 yards. He's looking like a bust considering the coaches went out and said they got him to have an impact on day one.That's fine. As soon as he makes a few plays, you'll start a thread about how great he is. You change your opinion more that just about anybody posting here, so I don't take much you post too seriously.

MikeInRoch
03-14-2009, 02:01 PM
WHY do people here insist on judging players ONE year after the draft? That just shows a lack of understanding.

mayotm
03-14-2009, 02:04 PM
WHY do people here insist on judging players ONE year after the draft? That just shows a lack of understanding.Come on. That's way too rational.

psubills62
03-14-2009, 03:03 PM

Yeah, you're right. If they re-sign a guy in the offseason then obviously he's part of the final 53, and is there to replace a second-year project WR. Ever heard of the phrase "camp body?"

jamze132
03-14-2009, 03:12 PM

They do have the potential to be very potent, but Hardy and Johnson need to improve. I like what Steve showed last year.

But the entire receiving corps is only going to be as good as our O-line and Trent.

Block "O"
03-14-2009, 05:56 PM
http://www.wane.com/dpp/sports/local_sports/James_Hardy_Exclusive_Intervi

TonyBlack
03-14-2009, 06:04 PM
if im the gm i would trade hardy, i think johnson better than him no lie.

Block "O"
03-14-2009, 06:07 PM
if im the gm i would trade hardy, i think johnson better than him no lie.

LMAO Thats funny stuff

Goobylal
03-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Jenkins was re-signed before the Bills started looking at Coles or signed Owens. I think it will come down to Parrish or Jenkins since both are basically strictly ST'ers. The question is, which is more valuable: Parrish as a PR or Jenkins as a gunner?

Mitchell55
03-14-2009, 07:40 PM

He had 87 yards. He's looking like a bust considering the coaches went out and said they got him to have an impact on day one.

Plax was worse in his 1st season. Big WRs never have a good 1st season.

TigerJ
03-14-2009, 08:05 PM
From all appearances, Hardy has a great attitude and really wants to be a good player. Of course my son would have loved to be a great NFL player, and that's not going to happen. But the things that Hardy did not do well are mostly things that can be learned. Hardy has a pass to make he roster this season because of his recovery form knee surgery, but he'll have a chance before the end of he season to demonstrae that he's been studying. He has no guarantees to make the 2010 roster, so he'd better make good on his chances as they come in the 2009 season.