• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

James Hardy

I just watched his mini highlight reel in NFL.com

We gave the guy a chance to do what we drafted him to do twice.

(Which is jump high for a catch around the goal line)

And twice he came down with it.

I think this guy is still going to be a force.

Jenkins will be the odd man out, Hardy will develop all year long along with Johnson.

This is going to be a sick WR corps when its all said and done by like November/December time frame.
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: James Hardy

Well Hardy isnt going anywhere for sure. He will be a good-great WR after some more playing time. We can def have a sick passing game if he gets it all together this year.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

The trouble is, the highlight reel left out the lowlights, when Hardy - on more than one occasion - played small and nonaggressively.

But he was a rookie, and I think he has a chance to become a good receiver.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

DJ said that Hardy stayed back in Buffalo and has been working on his upper body strength. He also has called Moss to get tips and I am confident that he will learn quite a bit from TO. I think having TO there to help him learn how to use his big body is going to really help.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
          I just watched his mini highlight reel in NFL.com

We gave the guy a chance to do what we drafted him to do twice.

(Which is jump high for a catch around the goal line)

And twice he came down with it.

I think this guy is still going to be a force.

Jenkins will be the odd man out, Hardy will develop all year long along with Johnson.

This is going to be a sick WR corps when its all said and done by like November/December time frame.
          Dude, did you go to any of the games? The guy can't run a route. Why do you think they resigned Jenkins?

I think Hardy is going to be a bust pick.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
            My IQ Test results came back negative
            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Dude, did you go to any of the games? The guy can't run a route. Why do you think they resigned Jenkins?

yes alll first year wide outs should be pro bowlers! COME ON YOUR A SECOND ROUNDER!!!

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

To fill out the roster? And because a # 6 WRs #1 contribution is special teams, were Jenkins excelled?

To say Jenkins was re-signed because Hardy isn't good at running route would be... misinformed.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• mayotm
                • Jul 2003

If I'm not mistaken, Hardy didn't even play high school football. Thus, very new to the game. In addition, he played in a college program that was about as far from a pro style offense as you can get. I don't really know if Hardy will turn into a decent player or not. From what's been reported, he's a very hard worker and wants to get better. That's a start. To label him a bust at this point is just ignorant.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mayotm
                  If I'm not mistaken, Hardy didn't even play high school football. Thus, very new to the game. In addition, he played in a college program that was about as far from a pro style offense as you can get. I don't really know if Hardy will turn into a decent player or not. From what's been reported, he's a very hard worker and wants to get better. That's a start. To label him a bust at this point is just ignorant.
                  Unless he's my kid I don't care if he's a hard worker or new to the position.

He can't run routes and dropped his fair share of balls.

He had 87 yards. He's looking like a bust considering the coaches went out and said they got him to have an impact on day one.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

its pretty obvious actually. you know for a fact that evans, owens, reed, are going to make the team and you also know that hardy and johnson are the future at the position for the team and they are both locks for roster spots. now you have 2 guys left for 1 spot. roscoe, and justin jenkins. jenkins is a guaranteed special teamer, the team will NOT let him catch a pass in a live NFL game unless they are forced to. roscoe is a valuable return man and is able to make a play here and there in the passing game but is he worth his almost 4 million a year salary??? basically i think you see roscoe either making the team and jenkins getting cut or jenkins makes it for special teams only and roscoe gets traded for a 3rd-4th rounder.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                      its pretty obvious actually. you know for a fact that evans, owens, reed, are going to make the team and you also know that hardy and johnson are the future at the position for the team and they are both locks for roster spots. now you have 2 guys left for 1 spot. roscoe, and justin jenkins. jenkins is a guaranteed special teamer, the team will NOT let him catch a pass in a live NFL game unless they are forced to. roscoe is a valuable return man and is able to make a play here and there in the passing game but is he worth his almost 4 million a year salary??? basically i think you see roscoe either making the team and jenkins getting cut or jenkins makes it for special teams only and roscoe gets traded for a 3rd-4th rounder.
                      I really agree that Roscoe is not a Bill by the start of the season.

Comment

• mayotm
                        • Jul 2003

Unless he's my kid I don't care if he's a hard worker or new to the position.

He can't run routes and dropped his fair share of balls.

He had 87 yards. He's looking like a bust considering the coaches went out and said they got him to have an impact on day one.
                        That's fine. As soon as he makes a few plays, you'll start a thread about how great he is. You change your opinion more that just about anybody posting here, so I don't take much you post too seriously.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                          • Sep 2003

WHY do people here insist on judging players ONE year after the draft? That just shows a lack of understanding.
                          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• mayotm
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                            WHY do people here insist on judging players ONE year after the draft? That just shows a lack of understanding.
                            Come on. That's way too rational.

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

Yeah, you're right. If they re-sign a guy in the offseason then obviously he's part of the final 53, and is there to replace a second-year project WR. Ever heard of the phrase "camp body?"
                              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X