PDA

View Full Version : NIAGARA COUNTY: New plan calls for county to endorse Erie efforts

Michael82
03-14-2009, 11:53 AM
The lawmaker who weeks ago recommended Niagara County be considered as a potential landing spot for the Buffalo Bills now wants his fellow legislators to formally endorse Erie County’s efforts to keep the team where it is.

Legislator Jason Cafarella, D-Niagara Falls, is now asking his colleagues to formally endorse a modified version of his earlier “Niagara Bills” resolution that would express the Niagara County Legislature’s desire to work with Erie County in any attempt it makes at retaining the Bills.

“What we are interested in doing is lending our support to keeping the team in Erie County,” Cafarella said, adding he spoke with several officials from Erie County in recent weeks who told him they would welcome Niagara County’s support in trying to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

http://www.tonawanda-news.com/local/local_story_072224511.html

homeslice5484
03-14-2009, 12:23 PM
whatever your opinion is of the bills in niagara county....you cant fault a guy for trying to come up with alternatives in the event they leave. I prefer them to go to downtown buffalo on the waterfront or stay in orchard park...but if it meant losing them i would gladly take them in my hometown.

People either complain that lawmakers do nothing, or complain when they try something to be preventive. Lose lose situation in some peoples eyes.

Night Train
03-14-2009, 12:25 PM
I never believed it anyhow.

There is no $$ for these pie in the sky dreams plus the long term viability of any small market club in the overpriced NFL is in question beyond the next few years. You can't make any moves, at present.

justasportsfan
03-14-2009, 12:29 PM
glad at least that there are people trying to come up with options to make the bills stay.

Michael82
03-14-2009, 12:59 PM
glad at least that there are people trying to come up with options to make the bills stay.
Exactly!