PDA

View Full Version : Im not saying we should or will, but heres a senerio for trading Peters

Mitchell55
03-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Im totally against it but the outcome seems intriguing

Buffalo signs Pace and June and trades Peters for both of Phillys 1sts and we give up a 3rd.

So 3rd and Peters for 2 1sts.

1st 11- Brian Orakpo DE
1st Phi- Peria Jerry DT
1st Phi- Brandon Pettigrew TE
2nd- Duke Robinson G<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

jimbohastle51
03-14-2009, 12:47 PM
what you fail to see, is that there are 2 reasons we would trade peters if we do. 1- because we do not want to pay him upwords of 11 million dollars a year, and 2- because there are 4 LT available in the draft that are very elite and we can get one at 11. there will be no trading peters and then drafting a DT in the first round, if we do the trade it is to get a TACKLE at 11, and then our DE or TE later in the first round. and the eagles will probably give up a 1 and a 3 or peters.

FlyingDutchman
03-14-2009, 12:50 PM
dude......lay off Madden....for real

yordad
03-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Im totally against it but the outcome seems intriguing

Buffalo signs Pace and June and trades Peters for both of Phillys 1sts and we give up a 3rd.

So 3rd and Peters for 2 1sts.

1st 11- Brian Orakpo DE
1st Phi- Peria Jerry DT
1st Phi- Brandon Pettigrew TE
2nd- Duke Robinson G<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->1. Top LT available
1. Johnson or best available DE, I can think of a few that may be there, and should be worthy.
1. Robinson
2. Jared Cook

I assume OLB will be addressed by then.

I wouldn't trade Peters for a 1st and third.

Mitchell55
03-14-2009, 12:55 PM
1. Top LT available
1. Johnson or best available DE, I can think of a few that may be there, and should be worthy.
1. Robinson
2. Jared Cook

I assume OLB will be addressed by then.

I wouldn't trade Peters for a 1st and third.

Im confused by the thing in red?

Mitchell55
03-14-2009, 01:04 PM
what you fail to see, is that there are 2 reasons we would trade peters if we do. 1- because we do not want to pay him upwords of 11 million dollars a year, and 2- because there are 4 LT available in the draft that are very elite and we can get one at 11. there will be no trading peters and then drafting a DT in the first round, if we do the trade it is to get a TACKLE at 11, and then our DE or TE later in the first round. and the eagles will probably give up a 1 and a 3 or peters.

Now. Det, STL, maybe KC, SF, GB, Jac, Oak, Cinc, and Seattle all need a OT in the top 10. No way a top 4 prospect will fall.

yordad
03-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Im confused by the thing in red?Many people say 1st and third. I just wanted it to be known I wouldn't do that. Especially not with the Eagles. If KC or Detroit, or someone who picks way higher, wanted to give a 1st and third maybe. A top 10 and an early 3rd might do it. But, not a #20+ and a late 3rd rounder, no thanks.

and the eagles will probably give up a 1 and a 3 or peters.

yordad
03-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Now. Det, STL, maybe KC, SF, GB, Jac, Oak, Cinc, and Seattle all need a OT in the top 10. No way a top 4 prospect will fall.4 OTs, B.J (DT), Orakpo, Curry, 2 QBs, 1 WR. Thats 10. For you to be right, everybody would be right....... that never happens, not to mention, I think I'm forgetting a guy.

A RB or 2 could sneak in, a different DE or 2, a CB, or 1 more WR. Too many "ifs".

I do not believe all 4 top OT will be gone by 11, the draft is way to unpredictable to be predicted like that.

HHURRICANE
03-14-2009, 01:29 PM
I think we should trade every player and start over. Than when they get good we should do the same thing over and over and over again.

The FO shoukd have given him a deal that was 6 million a year when they tried to steal him for 3 million a year.

The FO should have negotiated at 7-8 million a year when Peters held out last summer.

Our FO sucks.

Michael82
03-14-2009, 02:05 PM
I think we should trade every player and start over. Than when they get good we should do the same thing over and over and over again.

The FO shoukd have given him a deal that was 6 million a year when they tried to steal him for 3 million a year.

The FO should have negotiated at 7-8 million a year when Peters held out last summer.

Our FO sucks.
Then he would be holding out next year..... :ill:

Mitchell55
03-14-2009, 03:19 PM

Our FO sucks.

I dont know if this is a snap at me for making this post but I did write clearly that I dont think we should trade Peters, I was just writing the best senerio if we do.

jamze132
03-14-2009, 03:19 PM
A player like Peters is always going to want the most money possible and could cause problems each year that another LT gets a little bit more coin than him. But on the other hand, a LT like him doesn't fall in your laps very often, if ever. We need to make him happy and bite the financial bullet.

Mitchell55
03-14-2009, 03:22 PM
A player like Peters is always going to want the most money possible and could cause problems each year that another LT gets a little bit more coin than him. But on the other hand, a LT like him doesn't fall in your laps very often, if ever. We need to make him happy and bite the financial bullet.

I say give him 9-10 million with a **** load of extras. Bonus, big guarentee, trade claus/franchise claus.

jamze132
03-14-2009, 04:17 PM
I say give him 9-10 million with a **** load of extras. Bonus, big guarentee, trade claus/franchise claus.
You're supposed to add an "e" to the word "clause". He isn't Santa.

Mr. Pink
03-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Why not just trade Peters to Indy for Tony Ugoh and their number 1!

It would work in Madden!

OpIv37
03-14-2009, 04:33 PM

Oh god, that scenario makes me sick.

It means we'll be starting a rookie tackle, and it means any DE help we get in the draft will probably be lesser quality because they'll be taken at a lower draft position. Translation: we go into the season with a rookie at LT (or maybe Walker at LT and the rookie at RT- either way sucks) and little to no help at DE.

jamze132
03-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Oh god, that scenario makes me sick.

It means we'll be starting a rookie tackle, and it means any DE help we get in the draft will probably be lesser quality because they'll be taken at a lower draft position. Translation: we go into the season with a rookie at LT (or maybe Walker at LT and the rookie at RT- either way sucks) and little to no help at DE.
Yeah I agree, I just don't see the reasoning behind opening up a huge hole just to replace him in the draft while sacrificing another NEED position to do so. WTF is wrong with people?

PH83
03-14-2009, 04:54 PM
what you fail to see, is that there are 2 reasons we would trade peters if we do. 1- because we do not want to pay him upwords of 11 million dollars a year, and 2- because there are 4 LT available in the draft that are very elite and we can get one at 11. there will be no trading peters and then drafting a DT in the first round, if we do the trade it is to get a TACKLE at 11, and then our DE or TE later in the first round. and the eagles will probably give up a 1 and a 3 or peters.Sorry, but this comment is lacking in both knowledge and a general understanding of how the NFL draft works. There is not one person in this draft or any other draft that can be called "elite" when he hasn't even played a single down in the National Football League.

Go look at the number of first round OL that do not work out in the NFL. Then go check out the number of guys who are pinned as being franchise LT's and check out how many of them don't work out. Just because you draft a guy at #11 does not in any way guarantee that he will be an "elite" player.

HHURRICANE
03-14-2009, 09:50 PM

Post of the day!!!!!!!!!!