PDA

View Full Version : Jason Peters Rumors

DGreg
03-14-2009, 04:23 PM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/3/13/796063/analyzing-the-potential-tr

here is a link to possible trades for Peters.

Syderick
03-14-2009, 05:00 PM
I hope they sign him to something so they don't have to come to trading

B-DON
03-14-2009, 05:15 PM
nothing new here. pure speculation

TigerJ
03-14-2009, 05:28 PM
I hope they can sign him, and Brian Galliford (the author of that Buffalo Rumblings article, hopes the Bills can sign him, but since there is apparently a significant gap between what the Bills are offering and what Peters thinks he's worth, there is going to be some speculation. Chris Brown, the BuffaloBills.com guy speculated on the Eagles and thought Peters might net one of Philly's first round picks and perhaps a fourth or fifth round pick. I'm not crazy about that because Buffalo would probably need to use their pick at #11 to grab Peters' replacement. That leaves a low first round pick instead of #11 overall to address another need. Unless you get really lucky, all you're going to get in the 4th or 5th round is a reserve to fill out the roster. That may still be better than heading into training camp with a starter who might hold out again, or play lazily and get his QB killed

tatersalad
03-14-2009, 06:00 PM
He is signed for TWO more years he can hold out again but the bottom line we still hold ALL the cards

TigerJ
03-14-2009, 08:38 PM
He is signed for TWO more years he can hold out again but the bottom line we still hold ALL the cardsThe problem with a disgruntled Jason Peters is we may get the same production out of him this year that we did last season, which is to say, not as much as we want. He gave up too many sacks for an elite LT. Whether it was because of his holdout or he just didn't play as hard as he might have, we don't need a repeat performance.

Pinkerton Security
03-14-2009, 09:06 PM
if jason peters tries to hold out for 2 years, the entire league will think hes just a d*** and he'll end up losing out on a lot of money. hopefully he realizes that.

DGreg
03-15-2009, 12:13 AM
exactly

DGreg
03-15-2009, 12:13 AM
exactly

jimbohastle51
03-15-2009, 12:28 AM
if they do trade him, it wont be this year. we just invested 6.5 million guaranteed in T.O. for 1 season, we need the best LT we can get and he is that guy. maybe next year if a deal isnt done this offseason but he will be a bill for this coming season.

mchurchfie
03-15-2009, 04:21 AM
Let him hold out, we still own his greedy overrated ass for two more years.

don137
03-15-2009, 06:45 AM
If a quality LT is there at #11 I am not opposed to trading Peters to Philly for the #20 pick in the draft and a 4th rounder. Move Walker over for one year to LT. Draft Pettigrew at #20.
I worry that Peters is not about the team and all about money. Who is to say he will not pull the same crap in 3 2-3 years. He is turning into a cancer.

Michael82
03-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Let him hold out, we still own his greedy overrated ass for two more years.
Exactly! :hi5:

Michael82
03-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Something tells me that the team is sold on Walker and Bell as the main OTs if Peters won't agree to their price (which is fair). I am sick of hearing that the Bills are cheap. They are willing to pay a fair price or even overpay if the player works hard and is a team player. But when they demand money and don't work for it, they can go **** themselves. I completely agree with it. If Peters wants his money, then I want him in Buffalo for the OTAs, mini-camps and in Rochester for the start of training camp. If he does this, then I will work on a new contract with him that makes him happy, with plenty of incentives.

Yasgur's Farm
03-15-2009, 09:50 AM
If we don't come to an agreement...
And if we don't trade him...
And if he holds out again...

Start Walker and Chambers or Bell at the tackle positions...
Sit Peters until at least week 5...
Then, if he's a good boy, we may allow him to start at LG...
The only way he sees the tackle position again is in an emergency.

LET'S SEE WHAT KIND OF CONTRACT HE CAN DEMAND THEN!!

Typ0
03-15-2009, 09:58 AM
JP has already played and performed well above what his contract value is. He's asking to be moved up towards the top of the pay scale for his position and he's a top perfromer at that position. It's not in anyones best interest to hard rock JP because he's under contract. They have to respect that he could get injured at his current figures and lose millions. Pushing him this way is only going to make negotiations with all players more difficult and push the player culture away from billieving.

It's also stupid to have a proven player and trade them away for a hopefull draft pick that you are going to have to pay a lot of money and they have never even played a down. The Bills are going to have to come up to JP number and sign him to a longer term deal...or they are going to have to sign him to a one year deal near his number and resign him after the season or let him go.

I say pay the man to be the anchor on our line we hoped we had with Mike Williams.

Saratoga Slim
03-15-2009, 10:18 AM
JP has already played and performed well above what his contract value is. He's asking to be moved up towards the top of the pay scale for his position and he's a top perfromer at that position. It's not in anyones best interest to hard rock JP because he's under contract. They have to respect that he could get injured at his current figures and lose millions. Pushing him this way is only going to make negotiations with all players more difficult and push the player culture away from billieving.

It's also stupid to have a proven player and trade them away for a hopefull draft pick that you are going to have to pay a lot of money and they have never even played a down. The Bills are going to have to come up to JP number and sign him to a longer term deal...or they are going to have to sign him to a one year deal near his number and resign him after the season or let him go.

I say pay the man to be the anchor on our line we hoped we had with Mike Williams.

He's arguably "a" top performer at the position, but hard to say that he's "the" top performer at the position after last year's performance, especially if you believe, as the Bills probably do, that his value is diminished a bit by the ****ty attitude he employed in holding out.

Everyone fully agrees that he deserves to be paid as "a" top performer at his position, and if the Bills have offered 10M a year, they are certainly walking the walk. If Peters and his agent hold on to their demand that he be paid 11.5 as "the" top performer in the game, I fully understand why the Bills would balk after his performance last year. He very assuredly was NOT the best LT in the league last year, and in fact gave up more sacks than all but ONE of them. Even if that sack count was related to the performance of the rest of the line, it's hard to completely discount that stat.

If I were to guess, I'd say that we're all jumping on this a little too early--the indications are that both parties are still "optimistic," and there have been no concrete indications that Jason favors a change in location, or that the Bills are done with him. All of which means that there's no reason yet to think that the current negotiating positions won't soften towards some sort of common ground.

justasportsfan
03-15-2009, 10:24 AM

we're not willing to overpay for Peters yet we're willing to overpay guys like Kelsay and Schobel. Thats whats screwed up with this team. This reminds me when we weren't willing to pay Pat Williams.

DraftBoy
03-15-2009, 12:18 PM
I think some fans are not thinking clearly if they think Peters holding out for two years makes him look that bad. Eberybody knows that he is way under paid and after the Bills promised to work on re-doing his deal it appears as though they are low balling him. This is not a negative spot on Peters at all, imo and personally I think it looks really bad to potential FAs. If we can't take of our own home grown players then how can we ever expect to take care of others.

lordofgun
03-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Peters should pay back every penny he was paid last year.

HHURRICANE
03-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Peters should pay back every penny he was paid last year.

And you guys question why I post the concern about people not understanding the situation fully?

HHURRICANE
03-15-2009, 12:50 PM
I think some fans are not thinking clearly if they think Peters holding out for two years makes him look that bad. Eberybody knows that he is way under paid and after the Bills promised to work on re-doing his deal it appears as though they are low balling him. This is not a negative spot on Peters at all, imo and personally I think it looks really bad to potential FAs. If we can't take of our own home grown players then how can we ever expect to take care of others.

Great post.

I love how some people around here give the FO a total pass.

The front office decided to hard ball Peters on not re-negotiating his contract. If I'm Peters I just got paid 3 million for a position that should have paid me 7 million. My loser teammate at LG got 10 million and he didn't even want to play in Buffalo.

So because the front office over paid for a guy that got cut Peters, who always wanted to be a Bill and still does, should get screwed and happily accept 8.3 million.

What am I missing here?

lordofgun
03-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Great post.

I love how some people around here give the FO a total pass.

The front office decided to hard ball Peters on not re-negotiating his contract. If I'm Peters I just got paid 3 million for a position that should have paid me 7 million. My loser teammate at LG got 10 million and he didn't even want to play in Buffalo.

So because the front office over paid for a guy that got cut Peters, who always wanted to be a Bill and still does, should get screwed and happily accept 8.3 million.

What am I missing here?
A lot.

Michael82
03-15-2009, 01:08 PM
low balling? I'm sorry, but $8.5 million is more than double what he was making and puts him in the top 5 for OL. It's not a lowball. Besides, they are called negotiations for a reason. I'm sure they are willing to go up another million or so.

X-Era
03-15-2009, 01:14 PM
low balling? I'm sorry, but $8.5 million is more than double what he was making and puts him in the top 5 for OL. It's not a lowball. Besides, they are called negotiations for a reason. I'm sure they are willing to go up another million or so.

And when they do... and they will... he will sign long term.

Its going to be 9-10 mill per.

im8th2buffalo
03-15-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm OK with an incentive heavy contract that pays him one of the top LT salaries. He is a very talented player. I hope that this year is an improvement over last year. He did not play up to his potential after sitting out. I think this hurt his side of the negotiations towards a new contract. If you want a top contract, play for a top contract.
Buffalo has let go of a few of the players over the years who were quite talented on the team. Some of these were very unpopular decisions with many fans. Some were necessary, because IMO some of the players truly were not worth the contracts they wanted and even got elsewhere.
Peters has played hard for the team over the past few years, converting from a TE to LT. Many feel that he should be thankful the Bills even took a chance on him. This may be true, but he worked hard to make that switch and has been paid less than most good LTs have been paid during his time here. He has played better than most. I want the Bills to keep him if possible, but think that he could be paid a contact that is in the top 10 with incentives to push him in the top 3 based on games started/sacks give up etc..
I found a list on scout.com of sacks given up by LT during the 2008 season. If his play is like it was this year, he doesn't deserve a top 5 salary.

Left Tackles
1. Ryan Clady (Broncos) 0.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
2. Michael Roos (Titans) 1.0 sacks allowed (16 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
3. Tra Thomas (Eagles) 2.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
3. Orlando Pace (Rams) 2.0 sacks allowed (14 starts)
5. Jake Long (Dolphins) 2.5 sacks allowed (16 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
6. Jordan Gross (Panthers) 3.0 sacks allowed (15 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
6. Jammal Brown (Saints) 3.0 sacks allowed (15 starts)
6. Jared Gaither (Ravens) 3.0 sacks allowed (15 starts)
6. Marcus McNeill (Chargers) 3.0 sacks allowed (14 starts)
6. Tony Ugoh (Colts) 3.0 sacks allowed (12 starts)
6. Chris Samuels (Redskins) 3.0 sacks allowed (12 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
6. Todd Weiner (Falcons) 3.0 sacks allowed (11 starts)
13. Walter Jones (Seahawks) 3.5 sacks allowed (12 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
14. D’Brickashaw Ferguson (Jets) 4.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
14. Bryant McKinnie (Vikings) 4.0 sacks allowed (12 starts)
14. Max Starks (Steelers) 4.0 sacks allowed (11 starts)
17. Joe Thomas (Browns) 4.5 sacks allowed (16 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
17. Branden Albert (Cheifs) 4.5 sacks allowed (15 starts)
19. Levi Brown (Bengals) 5.5 sacks allowed (11 starts)
20. Mike Gandy (Cardinals) 6.25 sacks allowed (16 starts)
21. David Diehl (Giants) 6.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
22. Flozell Adams (Cowboys) 7.25 sacks allowed (16 starts)
23. Khalif Barnes (Jags) 7.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
23. Matt Light (Pats) 7.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
23. Chad Clifton (Packers) 7.5 sacks allowed (15 starts)
23. Kwame Harris (Raiders) 7.5 sacks allowed (11 starts)
27. Joe Staley (49ers) 8.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
28. Donald Penn (Bucs) 8.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
29. Jeff Backus (Lions) 9.25 sacks allowed (16 starts)
30. John St. Clair (Bears) 9.75 sacks allowed (16 starts)
31. Duane Brown (Texans) 11.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
31. Jason Peters (Bills) 11.5 sacks allowed (13 starts) *PRO-BOWL*

Left Guard

1. Kris Dielman (Chargers) 0 sacks allowed (16 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
1. Charlie Johnson (Colts) 0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
1. David Baas (49ers) 0 sacks allowed (9 starts)
4. Carl Nicks (Saints) 0.5 sacks allowed (13 starts)
5. Todd Herremans (Eagles) 0.75 sacks allowed (15 starts)
6. Brian Waters (Chiefs) 1.0 sacks allowed (16 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
7. Josh Beekman (Bears) 1.25 sacks allowed (16 starts)
8. Robert Gallery (Raiders) 1.75 sacks allowed (16 starts)
8. Reggie Wells (Cardinals) 1.75 sacks allowed (16 starts)
10. Eugene Amano (Titans) 2.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
10. Chris Chester (Ravens) 2.0 sacks allowed (11 starts)
12. Chester Pitts (Texans) 2.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
12. Ben Hamilton (Broncos) 2.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
12. Travelle Wharton (Panthers) 2.5 sacks allowed (14 starts)
12. Jacob Bell (Rams) 2.5 sacks allowed (13 starts)
12. Jeff Smiley (Dolphins) 2.5 sacks allowed (12 starts)
17. Rich Seubert (Giants) 3.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
17. Pete Kendall (Redskins) 3.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
17. Justin Blalock (Falcons) 3.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
27. Eric Steinbach (Browns) 3.0 sacks allowed (14 starts)
21. Floyd Womack (Seahawks) 3.5 sacks allowed (14 starts)
22. Edwin Mulitalo (Lions) 4.25 sacks allowed (11 starts)
23. Arron Sears (Bucs) 4.5 sacks allowed (15 starts)
23. Uche Nwaneri (Jags) 4.5 sacks allowed (15 starts)
23. Cory Procter (Cowboys) 4.5 sacks allowed (11 starts)
26. Logan Mankins (Pats) 5.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
26. Andrew Whitworth (Bengals) 5.0 sacks allowed (10 starts)
28. Daryn Colledge (Packers) 6.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
29. Steve Hutchinson (Vikings) 7.0 sacks allowed (16 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
29. Alan Faneca (Jets) 7.0 sacks allowed (16 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
31. Chris Kemoeatu (Steelers) 7.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
32. Derrick Dockery (Bills) 8.25 sacks allowed (16 starts)

Center

1. Olin Kreutz (Bears) 0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
1. Todd McClure (Falcons) 0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
1. Chris Myers (Texans) 0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
1. Kevin Mawae (Titans) 0 sacks allowed (15 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
1. Ryan Kalil (Panthers) 0 sacks allowed (12 starts)
6. Brad Meester (Jags) 0.25 sacks allowed (10 starts)
7. Lyle Sendlein (Cardinals) 0.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
8. Duke Preston (Bills) 0.75 sacks allowed (11 starts)
9. Casey Wiegmann (Broncos) 1.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
9. Jeff Faine (Bucs) 1.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
9. Jonathan Goodwin (Saints) 1.0 sacks allowed (13 starts)
12. Nick Mangold (Jets) 2.0 sacks allowed (16 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
12. Andre Gurode (Cowboys) 2.0 sacks allowed (16 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
12. Shaun O’Hara (Giants) 2.0 sacks allowed (16 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
12. Matt Birk (Vikings) 2.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
12. Jeff Saturday (Colts) 2.0 sacks allowed (12 starts)
12. Dominic Raiola (Lions) 2.0 sacks allowed (12 starts)
12. Nick Leckey (Rams) 2.0 sacks allowed (10 starts)
19. Jason Brown (Ravens) 2.25 sacks allowed (16 starts)
19. Jamaal Jackson (Eagles) 2.25 sacks allowed (16 starts)
21. Hank Fraley (Browns) 2.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
21. Nick Hardwick (Chargers) 2.5 sacks allowed (13 starts)
21. Jake Grove (Raiders) 2.5 sacks allowed (12 starts)
21. Chris Spencer (Seahawks) 2.5 sacks allowed (11 starts)
25. Rudy Niswanger (Chiefs) 3.5 sacks allowed (15 starts)
25. Scott Wells (Packers) 3.5 sacks allowed (13 starts)
27. Eric Heitmann (49ers) 4.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
27. Eric Ghaiciuc (Bengals) 4.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
29. Samson Satele (Dolphins) 4.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
29. Dan Koppen (Pats) 4.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
31. Casey Rabach (Redskins) 5.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
32. Justin Harwig (Steelers) 6.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)

Right Guard

1. Chris Kuper (Broncos) 0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
2. Jake Scott (Titans) 0.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
2. Max Jean-Gilles (Eagles) 0.5 sacks allowed (10 starts)
4. Chris Snee (Giants) 1.0 sacks allowed (16 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
4. Harvey Dahl (Falcons) 1.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
4. Jason Spitz (Packers) 1.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
4. Ikechuku Ndukwe (Dolphins) 1.0 sacks allowed (15 starts)
4. Brad Butler (Bills) 1.0 sacks allowed (13 starts)
4. Davin Joseph (Bucs) 1.0 sacks allowed (12 starts)
4. Adrian Jones (Chiefs) 1.0 sacks allowed (10 starts)
11. Rex Hadnot (Browns) 1.5 sacks allowed (15 starts)
12. Deuce Lutui (Cardinals) 2.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
12. Brandon Moore (Jets) 2.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
12. Mike Brisiel (Texans) 2.0 sacks allowed (16 starts) …ERFA
12. Jahri Evans (Saints) 2.0 sacks allowed (16 starts) …RFA
12. Mike Pollak (Colts) 2.0 sacks allowed (13 starts)
12. Stephen Neal (Pats) 2.0 sacks allowed (9 starts)
18. Roberto Garza (Bears) 2.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
19. Randy Thomas (Redskins) 4.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
19. Robbie Williams (Bengals) 4.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
19. Cooper Carlisle (Raiders) 4.0 sacks allowed (15 starts)
19. Stephen Peterman (Lions) 4.0 sacks allowed (14 starts)
19. Tony Wragge (49ers) 4.0 sacks allowed (10 starts) …RFA
24. Leonard Davis (Cowboys) 4.5 sacks allowed (16 starts) *PRO-BOWL*
24. Mike Goff (Chargers) 4.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
26. Darnell Stapleton (Steelers) 5.0 sacks allowed (12 starts)
27. Ben Grubbs (Ravens) 6.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
27. Richie Incognito (Rams) 6.5 sacks allowed (15 starts)
29. Dennis Norman (Jags) 7.25 sacks allowed (14 starts)
30. Anthony Herrera (Vikings) 7.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)

No Seahawk or Panther started more then 8 games at RG

Right Tackle

1. Ryan Diem (Colts) 1.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
1. Jon Stinchcomb (Saints) 1.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
1. Ray Willis (Seahawks) 1.5 sacks allowed (10 starts)
4. David Stewart (Titans) 2.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
4. Mark Tauscher (Packers) 2.0 sacks allowed (13 starts)
6. Ryan Harris (Broncos) 2.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
6. Tyson Clabo (Falcons) 2.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
8. Langston Walker (Bills) 3.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
8. Nick Kaczur (Pats) 3.0 sacks allowed (14 starts)
10. Willie Anderson (Ravens) 3.5 sacks allowed (11 starts)
11. Kareem McKenzie (Giants) 4.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
11. Vernon Carey (Dolphins) 4.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
11. Kevin Shaffer (Browns) 4.5 sacks allowed (15 starts)
14. Jeff Otah (Panthers) 5.0 sacks allowed (12 starts)
15. Tony Pashos (Jags) 5.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
15. Marc Colombo (Cowboys) 5.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
17. Willie Colon (Steelers) 5.75 sacks allowed (16 starts) …RFA
18. John Tait (Bears) 6.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
18. Jeremy Trueblood (Bucs) 6.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
18. Ryan Cook (Vikings) 6.0 sacks allowed (14 starts)
18. Gosder Cherilus (Lions) 6.0 sacks allowed (13 starts)
22. Damien Woody (Jets) 6.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
22. Jeromey Clary (Chargers) 6.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
22. Jon Jansen (Redskins) 6.5 sacks allowed (11 starts)
25. Jon Runyan (Eagles) 7.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
25. Damion McIntosh (Chiefs) 7.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
27. Cornell Green (Raiders) 7.5 sacks allowed (16 starts)
27. Alex Barron (Rams) 7.5 sacks allowed (15 starts)
29. Eric Winston (Texans) 8.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)
30. Stacy Andrews (Bengals) 9.5 sacks allowed (15 starts)
31. Adam Snyder (49ers) 9.5 sacks allowed (13 starts)
32. Levi Brown (Cardinals) 11.0 sacks allowed (16 starts)

im8th2buffalo
03-15-2009, 02:58 PM
To give credit where credit is due, in 2007 I think he gave up the fewest or one of the fewest # of sacks in the league. Our run game is also run behind Peters the majority of the time. However, these stats have got to hurt no matter how the information is spun.

justasportsfan
03-15-2009, 03:12 PM
To give credit where credit is due, in 2007 I think he gave up the fewest or one of the fewest # of sacks in the league. Our run game is also run behind Peters the majority of the time. However, these stats have got to hurt no matter how the information is spun.
Pay Peters, he won't hold out and he can be what he was in 07. He himself admitted he screwed up .

im8th2buffalo
03-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Pay Peters, he won't hold out and he can be what he was in 07. He himself admitted he screwed up .

That is good and all, but top LT pay??? I don't see them paying the top LT pay for him right now. Pay him, and pay him well, but not #1 LT pay. He has got to realize that last season's play has cost him some of that $. But I hope they don't lose him by trying to punish him with a low ball offer because of holding out last year. I think he still has a lot in him. :cp:

justasportsfan
03-15-2009, 04:50 PM
That is good and all, but top LT pay??? I don't see them paying the top LT pay for him right now. Pay him, and pay him well, but not #1 LT pay. He has got to realize that last season's play has cost him some of that $. But I hope they don't lose him by trying to punish him with a low ball offer because of holding out last year. I think he still has a lot in him. :cp:

why not? teams like the fins are paying a rookie who hasn't proven squat top money. At least Peters has been there and done that. We're paying guys like Kelsay top money who hasn't done squat. They overpaid for Dockery too didn't thay. We're paying the wrong people top money and thats whats wrong with this FO they like overpaying for their mistakes. While Peters had a horrible year he's still the most talented player we have on this OL .

im8th2buffalo
03-15-2009, 04:58 PM
why not? teams like the fins are paying a rookie who hasn't proven squat top money. At least Peters has been there and done that. We're paying guys like Kelsay top money who hasn't done squat. We're paying the wrong people top money and thats whats wrong with this FO.

I thought Kelsay's contract was a joke when he got it. I have said that I think they should pay Peters, but he is not the #1 LT in the league. He is under contract. I think he is underpaid. But that was the contract he signed. A sizable increase is deserved. They can technically keep him at his current contract. I just hope they can work something out.

justasportsfan
03-15-2009, 05:04 PM
I thought Kelsay's contract was a joke when he got it. I have said that I think they should pay Peters, but he is not the #1 LT in the league. He is under contract. I think he is underpaid. But that was the contract he signed. A sizable increase is deserved. They can technically keep him at his current contract. I just hope they can work something out.

Yes he's under contract . He signed an RT contract and yet we made Dockery the highest paid player in franchise history. I would rather we take a chance on Peters since we're that desperate. We wouldn't be desperate to begin with if this team were paying the right players. This FO put us in this situation, not the players

Yes, we don't have to pay him. We can't make him sweat and play out his contract as is but thats is why nobody wants to come to buffalo unless we overpay them. This FO is screwing with it's own homegrown players that want to be here and have worked they way to the top.

Syderick
03-15-2009, 05:22 PM
So from those stats there, Jason Peters and Derrick Dockery were in the bottom 5 of sacks allowed. While Brad Butler and Langston Walker did pretty well with sacks allowed with only 4. 11.5 is too high somewhere between 8.5 to 10 is where he should be going for. Plus are there any teams that want to pay his big price tag for what he did last year?

justasportsfan
03-15-2009, 05:38 PM
So from those stats there, Jason Peters and Derrick Dockery were in the bottom 5 of sacks allowed. While Brad Butler and Langston Walker did pretty well with sacks allowed with only 4. 11.5 is too high somewhere between 8.5 to 10 is where he should be going for. Plus are there any teams that want to pay his big price tag for what he did last year?Jason Peters admitted he screwed up by sitting out camp. It did nothing for him all season long. Since Lee didn't play like a 9 million /per year wr should we cut his arse then?

im8th2buffalo
03-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Jason Peters admitted he screwed up by sitting out camp. It did nothing for him all season long. Since Lee didn't play like a 9 million /per year wr should we cut his arse then?
You can't really compare the 2 especially since Lee has a contract that we are honoring. Peters has a contract that we are honoring too. It is just not a fitting one for him.
Lee would have done better if the QB situation was better, and if the ball was actually thrown to him.
Peters would have done better had he actually showed up with the rest of the team (like he was supposed to).
I think most of us want to keep Peters.
Most of us want Buffalo to pay its quality players so we can keep them.
Most of us want Fred Jackson to get a contract extension to show him that he is valued by the organization.
Not to speak for everyone, but some of us just don't believe the Bills should pay Peters a #1 LT contract after a season that was sub par. Pay him, but lets be real. If the team overpays for him, that has an effect on other players that we may not be able to sign or extend.
It definitely is not because we don't value his play. We just value it more when he does better and when he shows up as a member of the team.

Syderick
03-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Jason Peters admitted he screwed up by sitting out camp. It did nothing for him all season long. Since Lee didn't play like a 9 million /per year wr should we cut his arse then?

Lee is great, and i'm not saying cut either of them. The Bills should re-sign Peters because he is a good LT. Yes he's underpaid, but he's not worth more then every other LT in the league by getting paid 11.5 million. He's also got to understand that on his part to get raise, he's got to bring his A gamear. I think he learned last year sitting out didn't help him much.

Syderick
03-15-2009, 11:14 PM
You can't really compare the 2 especially since Lee has a contract that we are honoring. Peters has a contract that we are honoring too. It is just not a fitting one for him.
Lee would have done better if the QB situation was better, and if the ball was actually thrown to him.
Peters would have done better had he actually showed up with the rest of the team (like he was supposed to).
I think most of us want to keep Peters.
Most of us want Buffalo to pay its quality players so we can keep them.
Most of us want Fred Jackson to get a contract extension to show him that he is valued by the organization.
Not to speak for everyone, but some of us just don't believe the Bills should pay Peters a #1 LT contract after a season that was sub par. Pay him, but lets be real. If the team overpays for him, that has an effect on other players that we may not be able to sign or extend.
It definitely is not because we don't value his play. We just value it more when he does better and when he shows up as a member of the team.

Exactly, I agree with you

X-Era
03-16-2009, 06:06 AM
Ya know,

If there was a way to land both of Phillys 1sts... I mean maybe Peters plus our 3rd for both of Phillys 1sts. That gives us:

11- Maybe we draft a LT here like Oher
21- Michael Johnson
28- Pettigrew

2nd round- Unger

In one swoop we end up filling our holes with good prospects...

But to be honest, the thought of a all rookie left side of the line, Trents blindside, with TO for only one year? EEESSSHHH!!!!

Yasgur's Farm
03-16-2009, 06:26 AM
Peters and Parrish for 2 Eagle 1st's!!

don137
03-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Ya know,

If there was a way to land both of Phillys 1sts... I mean maybe Peters plus our 3rd for both of Phillys 1sts. That gives us:

11- Maybe we draft a LT here like Oher
21- Michael Johnson
28- Pettigrew

2nd round- Unger
In one swoop we end up filling our holes with good prospects...

But to be honest, the thought of a all rookie left side of the line, Trents blindside, with TO for only one year? EEESSSHHH!!!!

Everyone has Pettigrew going to Atlanta @24....I doubt Philly would give up both first rounders for Peters and our 3rd.

DraftBoy
03-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Everyone has Pettigrew going to Atlanta @24....I doubt Philly would give up both first rounders for Peters and our 3rd.

Atlanta will likely finalize a deal with LJ Smith today, thus no longer making Pettigrew the selection.

DraftBoy
03-16-2009, 07:28 AM

It is a lowball. Peters is a top 3 LT in the NFL and deserved to be paid as one. I know a lot of fans are still bitter about his hold out but the fact is that when he plays and is on his game he's the top LT in the NFL, imo. You dont just throw that away because fans want to be irrational and stupid all the sudden. If you guys really think Oher, or Smith can come in here and solidify the left side of our line the same way a Jason Peters can then you guys are nuts.

He had a down year last year no doubt about it, he was out of game shape, and it showed. I dont think it was as bad as most fans are making it out to be by putting all the blame on him, however his work since being picked up as UDFA has been undeniable and a lot of that is on him. Showing the work ethic and desire to become a premier LT.

X-Era
03-16-2009, 08:09 AM
It is a lowball. Peters is a top 3 LT in the NFL and deserved to be paid as one. I know a lot of fans are still bitter about his hold out but the fact is that when he plays and is on his game he's the top LT in the NFL, imo. You dont just throw that away because fans want to be irrational and stupid all the sudden. If you guys really think Oher, or Smith can come in here and solidify the left side of our line the same way a Jason Peters can then you guys are nuts.

He had a down year last year no doubt about it, he was out of game shape, and it showed. I dont think it was as bad as most fans are making it out to be by putting all the blame on him, however his work since being picked up as UDFA has been undeniable and a lot of that is on him. Showing the work ethic and desire to become a premier LT.

I totally agree... Im only saying that Peters is not untradeable... If we have no intention of paying him, we could get a kings ransom in a trade... consider this option:

Detroit is seriously thinking of taking Smith (OT) at #1.

What about sending Peters and our 3rd to Detroit for their #1.

We draft:

Curry at #1
Brown/Orakpo/Maybin at 11

Move Walker to LT, start either Chambers or Bell at RT, and sign Simmons/Kendall/or Bentley.

Doesnt that make us better?

Hell we still might get Curry and recoup a pick if we move down to 3.

The problem is the Bills will never want to pay #1 pick money.

Anyways, my honest opinion is we should justy pay Peters and be done with it.

DraftBoy
03-16-2009, 10:36 AM
I totally agree... Im only saying that Peters is not untradeable... If we have no intention of paying him, we could get a kings ransom in a trade... consider this option:

Detroit is seriously thinking of taking Smith (OT) at #1.

What about sending Peters and our 3rd to Detroit for their #1.

We draft:

Curry at #1
Brown/Orakpo/Maybin at 11

Move Walker to LT, start either Chambers or Bell at RT, and sign Simmons/Kendall/or Bentley.

Doesnt that make us better?

Hell we still might get Curry and recoup a pick if we move down to 3.

The problem is the Bills will never want to pay #1 pick money.

Anyways, my honest opinion is we should justy pay Peters and be done with it.

I would not trade Peters and a 3rd for #1 Overall. And no losing a franchise LT for an unknown LT does not make us any better.