PDA

View Full Version : Mitchell59 mock nfl draft 2.0 (2 rounds)

Mitchell55
03-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Im going with the fact that we sign Crow/June/Kieho and either Goff/Bentley/Simmons.

Det- Jason Smith T
STL- Eugene Monroe T
KC- Aaron Curry LB
Sea- Michael Ohr T
Clev- Chris Wells RB
Cinc- Brian Orakpo DE
Oak- Everette Brown DE/LB
Jac- Matt Stafford QB
GB- BJ Raji DT
SF- Michael Crabtree WR
Buf- Trade- Buffalo needs to trade down and with Sanchez on the board, guess whos talkin, Detroit, the 33rd pick in the draft. Buffalo trades down to 25 and gets the 33rd pick.

Det- Mark Sanchez QB
Den- Rey Maualuga LB
Was- Andre Smith T
NO- Malcolm Jenkins CB
Hou- Peria Jerry DT
SD- Aaron Maybin LB/DE
NYJ- Jeremy Maclin WR
Chic- Vontae Davis CB
TB- Josh Freeman QB
Buf- Robert Ayers DE
Phil- Eben Britton T
Min- Alex Mack C
NE- James Laurenitis LB
ATL- Louis Delmas S
Mia- Hakeem Nicks WR
Bal- Clint Sitnim LB/DE
Indi- Percy Harvin WR
Phil- Brandon Pettigrew TE
NYG- Kenny Britt WR
Ten- Alphonso Smith CB
Ariz- Knowshon Moreno RB
Pit- Duke Robinson G

2nd

Buf- Larry English DE/LB- Buffalo runs a rotational D, so we need a pass rushing DE every play and we only have 2 DEs that would do that, Schobel and now Ayers. If we want every down to be a pass rush, draft 2 DEs.
NE- Brian Crushing LB
STL- William Beatty T
Clev- Clay Mathews LB
Sea- Darius Butler CB
Cinc- Phil Loadholt T
Jac- DJ Moore DT
Oak- Brian Robiskie WR
GB- Jamon Meridith OT
Buf- Shawn Nelson TE
SF- Rhett Bromar QB
Mia- Tyson Jackson DE
NYG- Connor Barwin LB
Hou- Andy Levitre G
NE- William Moore S
Den- Evander Hood DT
Chic- Michael Johnson DE
Clev- Marcus Freeman LB
Dal- Rashad Johnson S
NYJ- Pat White QB- This will be a talked about pick. The reason I picked him is 1, they arent to great at QB or WR, 2, they lack a playmaker at WR. Also there CB, LB, SS, WR, G, and DE needs are all filled.
Phil- Rashad Jennings RB
Min- Troy Kropog OT
ATL- Jared Cook TE
Mia- Sean Smith CB
Balt- Derrick Williams WR
NE- Max Unger C/G/T
Car- Sen'Derrick Marks DT
NYG- Chase Coffeman TE
Indi- Ron Brace DT
Ten- Coye Francies CB
Ariz- Lawrence Sitbury DE
Pit- Johnathon Luigs C

ARoid
03-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Schobel, Ayers, Kelsay, Denney, Ellis, English, Bryan......................

too many DE's. Might as well stay at 11 and reach for Maybin early instead. Also your trade might not go through all the way- we're 50 points short an that's a 5th at least.

Mitchell55
03-14-2009, 07:20 PM

too many DE's. Might as well stay at 11 and reach for Maybin early instead. Also your trade might not go through all the way- we're 50 points short an that's a 5th at least.

Denney or Kelsay are likely to be cut, we dont know how Schobel will recoop from injury, Ellis is still a mystery.

Also points dont matter, a team like Detroit will need the QB and take the trade.

TigerJ
03-14-2009, 08:28 PM
That would certainly be a bold move. If I'm Buffalo and traded down with Detroit as you posit, I might be tempted to take Michael Johnson with one of those picks. I think he has more raw talent than either Ayers or English, and I"d like to see if I can develop it.

SquishDaFish
03-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Def not going to happen. We will def NOT draft DE 2 picks in a row

Mitchell55
03-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Def not going to happen. We will def NOT draft DE 2 picks in a row

Why not, Miami did.

SquishDaFish
03-15-2009, 04:53 AM
So now we are Miami and have the same needs they have or had?

Jan Reimers
03-15-2009, 08:00 AM
We could get a better DE or LB at 11 and a very good C or TE in round 2 by staying where we are.

Raptor
03-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Why not, Miami did.

Ask yourself why Miami did

Raptor
03-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Dont like it Mainly because of the second DE. We should definitely be picking a Center there.

And Det doesnt own the 25th pick

Mahdi
03-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Im going with the fact that we sign Crow/June/Kieho and either Goff/Bentley/Simmons.

Det- Jason Smith T
STL- Eugene Monroe T
KC- Aaron Curry LB
Sea- Michael Ohr T
Clev- Chris Wells RB
Cinc- Brian Orakpo DE
Oak- Everette Brown DE/LB
Jac- Matt Stafford QB
GB- BJ Raji DT
SF- Michael Crabtree WR
Buf- Trade- Buffalo needs to trade down and with Sanchez on the board, guess whos talkin, Detroit, the 33rd pick in the draft. Buffalo trades down to 25 and gets the 33rd pick.

Det- Mark Sanchez QB
Den- Rey Maualuga LB
Was- Andre Smith T
NO- Malcolm Jenkins CB
Hou- Peria Jerry DT
SD- Aaron Maybin LB/DE
NYJ- Jeremy Maclin WR
Chic- Vontae Davis CB
TB- Josh Freeman QB
Buf- Robert Ayers DE
Phil- Eben Britton T
Min- Alex Mack C
NE- James Laurenitis LB
ATL- Louis Delmas S
Mia- Hakeem Nicks WR
Bal- Clint Sitnim LB/DE
Indi- Percy Harvin WR
Phil- Brandon Pettigrew TE
NYG- Kenny Britt WR
Ten- Alphonso Smith CB
Ariz- Knowshon Moreno RB
Pit- Duke Robinson G

2nd

Buf- Larry English DE/LB- Buffalo runs a rotational D, so we need a pass rushing DE every play and we only have 2 DEs that would do that, Schobel and now Ayers. If we want every down to be a pass rush, draft 2 DEs.
NE- Brian Crushing LB
STL- William Beatty T
Clev- Clay Mathews LB
Sea- Darius Butler CB
Cinc- Phil Loadholt T
Jac- DJ Moore DT
Oak- Brian Robiskie WR
GB- Jamon Meridith OT
Buf- Shawn Nelson TE
SF- Rhett Bromar QB
Mia- Tyson Jackson DE
NYG- Connor Barwin LB
Hou- Andy Levitre G
NE- William Moore S
Den- Evander Hood DT
Chic- Michael Johnson DE
Clev- Marcus Freeman LB
Dal- Rashad Johnson S
NYJ- Pat White QB- This will be a talked about pick. The reason I picked him is 1, they arent to great at QB or WR, 2, they lack a playmaker at WR. Also there CB, LB, SS, WR, G, and DE needs are all filled.
Phil- Rashad Jennings RB
Min- Troy Kropog OT
ATL- Jared Cook TE
Mia- Sean Smith CB
Balt- Derrick Williams WR
NE- Max Unger C/G/T
Car- Sen'Derrick Marks DT
NYG- Chase Coffeman TE
Indi- Ron Brace DT
Ten- Coye Francies CB
Ariz- Lawrence Sitbury DE
Pit- Johnathon Luigs C
I actually would LOVE that scenario if it played out.

This team has to realize that they cannot depend on Schobel and Kelsay to generate pressure. Getting 2 DEs would be the ideal situation. Grabbing Nelson in the 2nd is also solid and this way we get the players we need.

Mahdi
03-16-2009, 07:51 AM

What has Bryan done to earn a spot on the team? If we draft Ayers and English, Bryan and possibly Kelsay or Denney are out.

This team needs to re-vamp their DEs and that is a good start. Take a lesson from the Giants. You can never have too many pass rushers.

Mahdi
03-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Dont like it Mainly because of the second DE. We should definitely be picking a Center there.

And Det doesnt own the 25th pick
We signed Hangartner for 5 years. He's our C.

Raptor
03-16-2009, 08:19 AM
We signed Hangartner for 5 years. He's our C.

or guard, he can play both and that still means we only have one Center on the roster. Center is a much better selection in the 2nd than going right back to DE

venis2k1
03-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Mock drafts with trades are pointless.

Mahdi
03-16-2009, 08:24 AM
or guard, he can play both and that still means we only have one Center on the roster. Center is a much better selection in the 2nd than going right back to DE
C is not a better pick than a pass rusher in the 2nd round IMO because there will be some solid C available in the 3rd.

And, in this scenario Mitchell says we have already signed a Guard, so moving Hangartner would not be necessary. Plus the both the Bills and Hangartner have already stated he will be playing C.

Raptor
03-16-2009, 01:32 PM
C is not a better pick than a pass rusher in the 2nd round IMO because there will be some solid C available in the 3rd.

And, in this scenario Mitchell says we have already signed a Guard, so moving Hangartner would not be necessary. Plus the both the Bills and Hangartner have already stated he will be playing C.

When you already spent your first on a pass rusher yes it is and any of the top 4 Centers can easily play guard as well as back up Center because until proven otherwise Hangarter is no less of a risk then a rookie and I want to have a back up plan in case he turns out to be another Fowler

yordad
03-16-2009, 01:37 PM
I like Johnson better then either DE you have us picking, and Cushing in the second would be nice.

And, I think if Sanchez falls, the trade is looking realistic.

Mitchell55
03-16-2009, 01:44 PM
I like Johnson better then either DE you have us picking, and Cushing in the second would be nice.

Then you need to watch this video because obviously you have no idea who he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ad0Famkaas

yordad
03-16-2009, 01:49 PM

As a rule, I rarely click links at work. And, I don't know which guy you speak of (out of the 4 or 5 names) but I assure you, I am familiar.

Mahdi
03-16-2009, 02:24 PM

I watched this video yesterday. Dude can rush the passer. He's got great size too. Very Lamar Woodley like who I was hoping the Bills would draft a couple years ago.

yordad
03-18-2009, 01:00 AM
Alright Michell, I had a chance to check out that English reel. It was impressive. But, I am keeping in mind that it was his highlights. I especially like the play that took place about halfway through the four minute mark.

Now, let me provide you with a link. Also, obviously, it too doesn't tell the whole story, but it at least proves I am not alone in my opinion.

4. Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech 6-7, 266
Pre-Combine Position Rank: 6
Post-Combine Skinny: Everyone was expected to see a major-league workout from one of the best all-around combinations of skills in the draft, and he didn't disappoint with 28 reps, a fantastic 4.75 in the 40, a tremendous 10-8 on the broad jump, and quickness and athleticism throughout.
Positives: Has top-five overall skill set … Dream combination of size, athleticism, quickness, speed, and strength. He has it all … When the light is turned on, he’s an unstoppable difference maker.
Negatives: Stunningly mediocre against the run for a player of his size … Huge questions about his desire to be elite. Will he pay the price? … If he wants to dedicate himself to being a killer, he might be the best player in the draft. Few scouts believe he’ll put it all together.

8. Robert Ayers, Tennessee 6-3, 272
Pre-Combine Position Rank: 4
Post-Combine Skinny: Ayers had a chance to make a major splash, but he went the other way with a pathetic (for his size) 17 presses on the bench. He showed good speed in the 40 (4.8) and he he was athletic, but the lack of raw strength was galling.
Positives: Playmaker in the backfield … Good combination of size and quickness … Can play in any defensive style.
Negatives: A good pass rusher, but not an elite one … Not necessarily a creative pass rusher … Has to keep the intensity rolling all the time.
17 reps?

Bert102176
03-18-2009, 12:29 PM
that would make no sense at all to move that far down