PDA

View Full Version : This is what bugs me

Mitchell55
03-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Afinogenov is playing very well and he is one of the best players in the NHL on breakaways and shootouts and we go 4 players and he doesnt shoot once.

chernobylwraiths
03-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Where do you get that he's one of the best on breakaways? Because he is fast? How many goals does he have this year? 4?

:shakeno:

Mitchell55
03-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Where do you get that he's one of the best on breakaways? Because he is fast? How many goals does he have this year? 4?

Because I actually have watched him more than this season. Yes, the beginning of this year he struggled, but he has come around recentley. I am talking about historically, not just the year he has played in less than 20 games and has had only 1 break away.

SabreEleven
03-14-2009, 11:35 PM
He is starting to make better decision with the puck

mchurchfie
03-15-2009, 04:09 AM

He is very good on breakaways, you obviously haven't followed his whole career. He sure couldn't do any worse than the ****ing losers that participated in the SO tonight. They should have put Tallinder in there tonight.:cynic:

Nighthawk
03-15-2009, 12:06 PM

Throughout his career, he has been pretty good in shootouts. I wouldn't have hated him out there in that situation. I would NOT have Vanek take any shootouts anymore...he's just not good at them.

chernobylwraiths
03-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Afinogenov is 6 of 14 career in shootouts. How is that one of the best in the NHL?

JD
03-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Afinogenov is 6 of 14 career in shootouts. How is that one of the best in the NHL?
Kotalik is at 50% so Max isn't much worse than Ales, yet everyone orgasmed over his only move..the backhand

Max scores with more than one move which is why I would have put him in the shootout

chernobylwraiths
03-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Kotalik is at 50% so Max isn't much worse than Ales, yet everyone orgasmed over his only move..the backhand

Max scores with more than one move which is why I would have put him in the shootout

Max was 3 for 5 three seasons ago and only 33% the last two. I'm not saying not to use him, but the original post said he is one of the best breakaway players in the NHL, not just Buffalo. It's ridiculous.