PDA

View Full Version : Assist to the refs tonight

chernobylwraiths
03-14-2009, 09:32 PM
What the hell was that?

Anyway, another poor performance down the stretch for this team.

Mitchell55
03-14-2009, 10:25 PM
I agree, but we were down 3-1 with 2 minutes left, thats not the refs fault.

clumping platelets
03-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Since when does a player on the faceoff deliberately intend to injure another player on the opening faceoff of the 3rd period and only get a 2 minute penalty. Yes, I know he got a 10 min misconduct but if you REALLY want to end this type of stuff, give the guy a 5 min major and toss his :moon: out of the game

And yes, the Sabres were hosed by the refs in this game

LtFinFan66
03-14-2009, 11:22 PM
yeah, let's blame ever loss on the refs:rolleyes:

clumping platelets
03-15-2009, 05:22 AM

:negrep:

don137
03-15-2009, 07:04 AM
I agree the refs were not good but the fact of the matter the Sabres should be in desperate mode and playing playoff type hockey. I have not seen them playing playoff type hockey and are more like a team playing out the schedule instead of trying to make the playoffs.
All Pominville had to do was flip the puck up to clear at the end of the game and the Sabres would of had two points tonight. I am not blaming the loss on him but its plays like that which is indicative of what kind of hockey this team is playing now.

Jan Reimers
03-15-2009, 08:26 AM
The Sabres had a 3-1 lead and were on the power play when they all got caught up ice and allowed the goal which cut the lead to one. Then, they couldn't get the puck out of their zone and allowed the tying goal with 4 seconds left. They lack the will to win.

They are soft, have no leadership, and no one willing to make the really tough plays to win (or save) games.

They are not a playoff team.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-15-2009, 10:18 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fc/Kerry_Fraser.jpg/450px-Kerry_Fraser.jpg
here's a nice picture of him to print out and hang on your dartboard!

Kerry Fraser the slick back haired man who uses a whole bottle hair spray on his hair so he doesn't get helmet head referee is terrible and he doesn't call penalties! I wish it was Fraser who retired and not Shick (I liked Shick) once I saw his face last night I said to myself "oh god here we go, he's going to try to make us lose" and shure enough he almost did. I hate Fraser more than I do have another dough nut Koharski.

I have the game summary sheet right here in front of me, 6 penalties were called on the Sabres last night only 2 called by slick back hair who puts to much hair spray on Fraser. The other 4 by Dean Morton the other referee the Trashers were called for 5 only 1 in the second per. none in the first ARE YOU KIDDING ME!, 1 in the second period and 4 in the 3rd period. Not including a nice check from Connolly that idiot Fraser called 2 for high sticking and Rick Jeanneret (I know he has a thing against the refs) and Harry Neale both questioned the call that Connolly shouldn't have gotten the 2 min. penalty for high sticking it was a good check and also the Kaleta interference call was bogus call also.

SabreEleven
03-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Most of the penalties on the Sabres they deserve but the ones that piss me off are the none calls on the other teams. They call an elbow on Timmy but 5 minutes before that they don't call the elbow that Mair misses over period of hockey because he is in the locker room recovering from.

Dr. Lecter
03-15-2009, 11:29 AM
There is no doubt the Sabres blew the game.

The officiating was as bad as I have seen in a game in a very long time.

Dr. Lecter
03-15-2009, 11:30 AM

Nobody said that.

Did you see any of the game?

OpIv37
03-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Most of the penalties on the Sabres they deserve but the ones that piss me off are the none calls on the other teams. They call an elbow on Timmy but 5 minutes before that they don't call the elbow that Mair misses over period of hockey because he is in the locker room recovering from.

I only saw the first period but I saw the same ****. On the PP that led to Atlanta's first goal, they called Moore for hitting their goalie, which he did, but one of the Thrashers ran into Lalime about two minutes before that and wasn't called. And that gargantuan ogre they have on D took Roy down behind the Atlanta goal then friggin laid on top of him for almost 5 seconds but didn't get called.

Nighthawk
03-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Nobody said that.

Did you see any of the game?

He's a Pens fan...of course he didn't see it! I would not say the refs lost this game, but they were horrible. What lost that game was a lack of heart, character, will and goaltending.

SabreEleven
03-15-2009, 01:09 PM
I only saw the first period but I saw the same ****. On the PP that led to Atlanta's first goal, they called Moore for hitting their goalie, which he did, but one of the Thrashers ran into Lalime about two minutes before that and wasn't called. And that gargantuan ogre they have on D took Roy down behind the Atlanta goal then friggin laid on top of him for almost 5 seconds but didn't get called.

and when Moore did hit the goalie, he was about 3 feet out of his crease.

chernobylwraiths
03-15-2009, 06:28 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fc/Kerry_Fraser.jpg/450px-Kerry_Fraser.jpg
here's a nice picture of him to print out and hang on your dartboard!

Kerry Fraser the slick back haired man who uses a whole bottle hair spray on his hair so he doesn't get helmet head referee is terrible and he doesn't call penalties! I wish it was Fraser who retired and not Shick (I liked Shick) once I saw his face last night I said to myself "oh god here we go, he's going to try to make us lose" and shure enough he almost did. I hate Fraser more than I do have another dough nut Koharski.

I have the game summary sheet right here in front of me, 6 penalties were called on the Sabres last night only 2 called by slick back hair who puts to much hair spray on Fraser. The other 4 by Dean Morton the other referee the Trashers were called for 5 only 1 in the second per. none in the first ARE YOU KIDDING ME!, 1 in the second period and 4 in the 3rd period. Not including a nice check from Connolly that idiot Fraser called 2 for high sticking and Rick Jeanneret (I know he has a thing against the refs) and Harry Neale both questioned the call that Connolly shouldn't have gotten the 2 min. penalty for high sticking it was a good check and also the Kaleta interference call was bogus call also.

2 of the penalties in the third were misconduct penalties

And I didn't blame the loss on the refs, the Sabres sucked enough last night. It's just that the refs sucked too.

chernobylwraiths
03-15-2009, 06:31 PM
and when Moore did hit the goalie, he was about 3 feet out of his crease.

I saw the hit on Lalime (and of course lack of retribution as well) earlier in the period. I also saw that the goalie was completely out of the blue when Moore bumped him. I hated that call.

SabreEleven
03-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Didn't Moore get called for tripping? That was curious.

chernobylwraiths
03-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Guess we can't blame anything on the refs tonight either.

Nighthawk
03-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Guess we can't blame anything on the refs tonight either.

This is f'n brutal! What is worse is that none of the players or Ruff are showing any emotion about it...this team sucks!!!!!!!

SabreEleven
03-17-2009, 10:37 PM
There is a reason why the Sabres can't beat the bottom 6 teams in the Conference. They are one of them.

rbochan
03-18-2009, 07:56 AM
There is a reason why the Sabres can't beat the bottom 6 teams in the Conference. They are one of them.
No team in the Eastern conference has gotten less points in their last 10 games than the Buffalo Sabres. Atlanta, Tampa Bay, good god even the Fishsticks have gotten more points.