PDA

View Full Version : Regier-Ruff team to stay on the job

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-15-2009, 12:24 PM
http://media.buffalonews.com/smedia/2009/03/15/07/847-bn-20090315-B005-lookfortheregie-61522-MI0001.standalone.prod_affiliate.50.jpg

“I don’t mean this to open up Pandora’s box, but anything like that you evaluate at the end of the year,” Quinn said. “But, no, that’s not an issue for us, changing the manager or the coach. . . . I’m not a believer of saying, ‘You have to do something, so fire the coach.’ I just don’t believe in that philosophy.”

“Darcy’s talent, more than anyone I know, is that he’s able to look at a young player and project what he’s going to become,” Quinn said. “Lindy’s great talent is getting him there. The Sabres are going to make it by adding those two areas of expertise in the organization. If somebody can show me someone that’s a lot better than either guy, I’m all ears. You would have a tough time.”

“I’ve been in the conference finals,” Quinn said. “OK, it’s not such a big thrill. You want to win the whole thing. .. We have to get to the next level. We have to find a way to do it. That’s what the goal is. It’s not to be pretty good. This town deserves a winner. They have supported us unbelievably, and these are really tough times. One way or another, we have to get them a winner.”
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnhl/story/608137.html

also I've been saving this article from when Golisano bought the team. It says that he wants a Stanley Cup in 3-5 years next year is the 5th year since Golisano bought the team

Nighthawk
03-15-2009, 01:06 PM
I love this organization success rate...2 out of 7 years! Yep, that's how many times they've made the playoffs lately...barely better then the Bills! The fact that this team fell into the right kind of team after the lockout should not be overlooked. This FO did nothing but get lucky and now some people feel they are great hockey minds...yeah, right! Does anybody remember what we complained about before the lockout??? Yep, the same things we are complaining about regarding this team now...no heart, no character, not tough enough, they don't play hard all the time...and they are waaaay too small. Those two years were a fluke, nothing more, nothing less. The people running this organization do not have a very good history of building the type of team we all would want, so get comfortable because this is what we will be watching for sometime to come.

OpIv37
03-15-2009, 01:44 PM
I love this organization success rate...2 out of 7 years! Yep, that's how many times they've made the playoffs lately...barely better then the Bills! The fact that this team fell into the right kind of team after the lockout should not be overlooked. This FO did nothing but get lucky and now some people feel they are great hockey minds...yeah, right! Does anybody remember what we complained about before the lockout??? Yep, the same things we are complaining about regarding this team now...no heart, no character, not tough enough, they don't play hard all the time...and they are waaaay too small. Those two years were a fluke, nothing more, nothing less. The people running this organization do not have a very good history of building the type of team we all would want, so get comfortable because this is what we will be watching for sometime to come.

You forgot to randomly bold portions of your post for no discernible reason. I fixed it for you.

Nighthawk
03-15-2009, 02:28 PM
You forgot to randomly bold portions of your post for no discernible reason. I fixed it for you.

My bad...thanks for the help!

SabreEleven
03-15-2009, 03:41 PM
How about this success rate...0 Stanley Cups in 10 years or so

Nighthawk
03-15-2009, 04:04 PM
How about this success rate...0 Stanley Cups in 10 years or so

More like 0 Stanley Cups in the history of the franchise.

SabreEleven
03-16-2009, 12:51 AM
but at least in the past when the realized that a Cup wasn't coming they were smart enough to make a change. Now we are getting the same results with the same crew at the helm. How long are they going to stay before we never get a Cup?

Opps..sorry had to go back and edit for my irrational bolding.

User Manuel
03-16-2009, 07:29 AM
It IS Bucky Gleason.