• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbohastle51
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2005

ProFootballTalk.com's new moch draft

has us taking a tackle at 11 and says that a trade of peters is coming sooner or later. these guys always have the inside track on things, maybe we are actively trying to get the best deal possible for him since we can get an elite tackle at 11 and then draft a DE or TE later with the second first round pick we would get in a trade for peters??? little weird though. they have us taking micheal oher from ole miss.

• venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Re: ProFootballTalk.com's new moch draft

B.J. Raji, Everette Brown, and Matt Stafford on the board...and we take a tackle.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Okay, just for fun what are we trading Peters for? Wouldn't a first round draft pick be in there somewhere? So his premise is we trade Peters but don't move up?

We are going to trade a proven LT for a late first round pick?

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

it would be stupid for us to trade peters unless it was for a 1st AND another high pick (2nd/high 3rd).

he is under contract. we dont have to trade him.. he is not going to sit out.. he can play on the deal he signed if he doesnt want the significant increase they have already offered. he has no leverage. the bills played fine, if not better, without him last year.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

A rookie isn't gonna do squat vs. the AFCE teams that play 3-4. Even Schobel schooled D'Brick in his rookie year. I'll take my chances with Peters protecting Trrents blindside because a rookie is more likely to get Fitzpatrick to end up playing qb for us at some point in the season than a happy Peters would.
          Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-15-2009, 05:00 PM.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mitchell55
            only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
            • Feb 2008

Trade Peters for number 7 pick and 3rd. Buffalo gets a OT and at 11 buffalo gets one of the top 3 DEs since the raiders were one of the teams targeting them.

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
              • Dec 2008

I know this is all speculation, but...

Trading Peter's for the #1 over all pick to the lions and their 3rd, allows the Bills to draft Curry, and still be able to pick Peters' replacement at 11. With 2 3rd's the Bills can move back into the 2nd and add the best available DE/C/G.

I doubt the lions will do it, but it would make some sense for them. They get a truly elite talent to anchor their O-Line for years, the Bills fill the hole at LB perfectly. And they can still draft a top 10 Tackle, but pay far less for it. About 2.5-3 Million less.

True, there is a bit of a lateral move here, but they basically trade Peter's for Curry, and end up younger and cheaper, which is always the goal.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by nateodoms'bff

Trading Peter's for the #1 over all pick to the lions and their 3rd, allows the Bills to draft Curry, and still be able to pick Peters' replacement at 11. With 2 3rd's the Bills can move back into the 2nd and add the best available DE/C/G.

I doubt the lions will do it, but it would make some sense for them. They get a truly elite talent to anchor their O-Line for years, the Bills fill the hole at LB perfectly. And they can still draft a top 10 Tackle, but pay far less for it. About 2.5-3 Million less.

True, there is a bit of a lateral move here, but they basically trade Peter's for Curry, and end up younger and cheaper, which is always the goal.

If the bills aren't willing to pay Peters who's been to the probowl 11.5 million, I doubt they will want to pay and unproven rookie lb'er more than that. I doubt they want the 1st pick of the draft.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  A rookie isn't gonna do squat vs. the AFCE teams that play 3-4. Even Schobel schooled D'Brick in his rookie year. I'll take my chances with Peters protecting Trrents blindside because a rookie is more likely to get Fitzpatrick to end up playing qb for us at some point in the season than a happy Peters would.
                  Yeah, Jake Long really sucked his first year...
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mitchell55
                    • Feb 2008

Going by Nates idea how about this.

1st 1- Aaron Curry LB
                    1st 11- Everette Brown DE/Aaron Maybin
                    2nd- Eben Britton OT
                    3rd- Shawn Nelson TE

Get a OG in FA

Comment

• Mitchell55
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by nateodoms'bff

Its not that unlikely. They will go OT with there 1st pick and with a Peters trade they will have there OT that is already developed and they know hes great.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by psubills62

Joe Thomas was terrible too...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                          is Parcells on our team? Do we have Chad as our qb?

Jake Long and Joe Thomas would be lost if they were on our team since D's would be throwing things at them they didn't practice for all week.
                          Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-15-2009, 05:35 PM.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
                            • Dec 2008

If the bills aren't willing to pay Peters who's been to the probowl 11.5 million, I doubt they will want to pay and unproven rookie lb'er more than that. I doubt they want the 1st pick of the draft.
                            Apples and oranges my man.

Curry is a rookie, that fills a need. He would give immediate impact, and shore up a linebacking corps for the next 5-6 years.

The transition from College to the Pro's is far less difficult for LB'ers than any other position. Coverage schemes change, and the intensity of hits, but beyond that, th job is the same.

Bringing in a rookie LT, is a lateral move, like I said. Peter's is a great player, but he is not irreplaceable. Remember, the Bills made him into a LT.

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
                              • Dec 2008

is Parcells on our team? Do we have Chad as our qb?

Jake Long and Joe Thomas would be lost if they were on our team since D's would be throwing things at them they didn't practice for all week.
                              What does Parcell's have to do with anything?

And Chad? Captain Noodle Arm? I don't see how either of those things come into play at all...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍