PDA

View Full Version : Respect for James Hardy

Oaf
03-16-2009, 12:17 AM
May be the 10th (but hopefully last) thread on the issue, but I really respect Hardy for how he dealt with Owens and the 81 issue. Read here
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/15/hardy-comments-on-number-switch-with-owens/

Bills wide receiver James Hardy appeared on Sirius NFL Radio this weekend and was asked about turning over number 81 to his new teammate and fellow wideout Terrell Owens.
“(Terrell Owens) is over a 10-year veteran and usually the organization, really they can just take the number from you and give it to him if they wanted to,” said Hardy. “But with the respect the general manager has for me, he came to me and I was willing to give him the number. He’s a Hall of Fame receiver and it was really an honor for me to give him the number.”
If in fact Owens stay in Buffalo only lasts one season, it will be interesting to see if Hardy looks to reclaim 81. In 2009 Hardy will wear 84.

He most assuredly does not lack the desire or attitude to be great in this league. He is also quite the community guy as well. Hopefully, he'll get more chances than we anticipate with Owens in the fold.

Mitchell55
03-16-2009, 12:49 AM
Its funny because 3 issues in college were, 1, attitude, 2, lazy, and 3, legal trouble. As you see on this statement, his attitude has been great, he has put in extra time to get better so hes not lazy, and outside of the small incident with his father, no legal trouble.

IUbills
03-16-2009, 06:28 AM
Lazy.........To be honest, He has never had the TAG of being lazy. He was a two sport athlete. There is no time to be lazy. He's been in training all his life.

Luisito23
03-16-2009, 06:51 AM
I still have high hopes for Hardy...First thing that comes to mind when his name is brought up is that crazy catch in Jax!

T-Long
03-16-2009, 07:15 AM
Hardy can ONLY get better by learning from T.O...it's a win-win

HHURRICANE
03-16-2009, 07:39 AM
He handled the situation with alot of maturity and I respect him for that.

Until he proves something on the field I really don't care what his prevailing attitude is.

don137
03-16-2009, 07:47 AM
I love the receivers in the red zone this year. Hardy with a year under his belt, Evans and Owens...

Tatonka
03-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Its funny because 3 issues in college were, 1, attitude, 2, lazy, and 3, legal trouble. As you see on this statement, his attitude has been great, he has put in extra time to get better so hes not lazy, and outside of the small incident with his father, no legal trouble.

the small incedent where he pulled a gun and waved it around at his father?

justasportsfan
03-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Its funny because 3 issues in college were, 1, attitude, 2, lazy, and 3, legal trouble. .
It's still early. He doesn't have leverage yet to be an arse because he's still a nobody. Look at Lynch. I do hope Hardy is a class though.