PDA

View Full Version : The Offensive Line

Throne Logic
03-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Who can, with absolute certainty, name one opening day OL starter at their exact position?

TO or no TO, we're in trouble here.

Mahdi
03-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Who can, with absolute certainty, name one opening day OL starter at their exact position?

LT- Peters -- LG --- ??---C Hangartner --- RG Butler --- RT Walker

OpIv37
03-16-2009, 09:27 AM
LT- Peters -- LG --- ??---C Hangartner --- RG Butler --- RT Walker

Except that there's still Peters trade talk- which means Walker would be at LT and ?? or Chambers would be at RT, and Hangartner is a hybrid guard/center so he might play G and might play C depending on who else we can pick up. He was also a back-up in Carolina so there's no guarantee that he'll win the starting job here (of course, right now there are no other C's on the roster so he's the starter by default).

Long story short, we don't know what's going to happen, and even Peters isn't traded, we still have a big hole at LG.

madness
03-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Thank goodness it's the offseason.

psubills62
03-16-2009, 11:26 AM
OC: Hangartner
OG: Butler
OT: Langston Walker

What does it matter where they are? Walker showed that he can fill in at LT if need be, and Butler I'm sure can play both sides at OG. I would include Peters, but there is a chance he'll either hold out again (I'm not going to believe a rumor saying he won't), or be traded.

TacklingDummy
03-16-2009, 11:34 AM

LT: Walker
C: Hangartner
RG: Butler
RT: Chambers

X-Era
03-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Except that there's still Peters trade talk- which means Walker would be at LT and ?? or Chambers would be at RT, and Hangartner is a hybrid guard/center so he might play G and might play C depending on who else we can pick up. He was also a back-up in Carolina so there's no guarantee that he'll win the starting job here (of course, right now there are no other C's on the roster so he's the starter by default).

Long story short, we don't know what's going to happen, and even Peters isn't traded, we still have a big hole at LG.

Where did you hear about Peters trade talk?

Night Train
03-16-2009, 11:45 AM
I hear you but I also know opening day is 26 weeks away, not 2.

Throne Logic
03-16-2009, 11:58 AM
I hear you but I also know opening day is 26 weeks away, not 2.

Agreed, but it was an unsettling thought.

ARoid
03-16-2009, 03:23 PM
If the Pats get Peppers we are screwed no matter what. I'd really hate to see Walker and the mystery guard try to stop Thomas Seymour Peppers Wilfork........

I hope I'm working and watch those games.

TigerJ
03-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Hangartner at center and Brad Butler at RG. Everything else is unknown or subject to change. Walker will start, but if Peters holds out or gets traded he could go to left tackle, and we don't yet have a left guard. Chambers could play, and Demetrius Bell may have developed enough to play. While I would really love to see the Peters situation resolved, the Bills can, with the acquisition of a decent left guard field a pretty fair offensive line. Walker proved he can play left tackle and Chambers showed he can handle right tackle

clumping platelets
03-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Hmmmm..............season doesn't start until Sept

B-DON
03-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Another one of these threads? Wow

mybills
03-17-2009, 07:52 AM

Trent Edwards. :biggrin:

OpIv37
03-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Another one of these threads? Wow

SSSSHHHH!!!! We're not allowed to talk about the 800lb gorilla in the room. We have no starting left guard, but we still have time before the season starts so hopefully one will materialize out of thin air!