X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Why all this Cutler Talk?

Did I miss something that indicated Buffalo was interested in him?
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why all this Cutler Talk?

A lot of Trent haters, non-Bills fans on this board.

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

Nobody likes a Cali QB.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Regardless of these two reasons the talk makes it seem like the Bills are in active talks with Denver. I have not read 1 thing that tells me that.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

it's always the qb's fault.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            A lot of Trent haters, non-Bills fans on this board.
            Why would a non-Bills fan come on here and want Cutler to be a Bill?
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
              Regardless of these two reasons the talk makes it seem like the Bills are in active talks with Denver. I have not read 1 thing that tells me that.
              Its all baseless rumors and conjectures at this point Thurm, but with Cutler asking for a trade the idea is one that's worth discussing.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

i think the talk is based on the fact that cutler and mcdaniels met over the weekend and the prognosis wasn't good. The pundits are saying he will be moved by draft day. i also think Cutler said the same thing. he also put his house and his parents house in denver on the block.

As for him coming to buffalo, it's just random chatter. but since TO got signed i think a lot of fans just assume anything can happen.

i fear, for whoever takes cutler, will give up too many picks to acquire him and the broncos will get the better end of the deal. just like dallas did with trading hershel walker.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                  Why would a non-Bills fan come on here and want Cutler to be a Bill?

I don't know. It's amazing all the haters around here.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Its all baseless rumors and conjectures at this point Thurm, but with Cutler asking for a trade the idea is one that's worth discussing.
                    Again I am all for discussing it but I was confused by many of the threads acting as if the Bills were close to doing it.

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

People are talking about Cutler because this is the offseason and there is not much more to talk about...T.O., Peters' new contract or lack thereof, the holes on our team, who we should draft, how will we do next year...a lot of the real topics have been beaten to death, especially by the people that visit the board the most.

It's just something to talk about. But I think anyone with a brain realizes that Cutler won't be coming to Buffalo this year...not even a possiblity. His situation is one of the more interesting ones happening this year, though. I personally think that he will remain in Denver. I think that McDaniels entertained the idea of bringing in Cassel, and since that didn't happen, the Broncos would be fools to trade Cutler since they have absolutely nobody to replace him with. After the trade for Cassel didn't happen, McDaniels didn't tell Cutler what he wanted to hear...didn't give him reassurance that his job was completely safe...didn't give him that comfort zone. This made Cutler unhappy, but being unhappy doesn't give him any power to take his ball and go home. He'll be in Denver.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

The Bills are sold on Edwards. Cutler is not an option here.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          The Bills are sold on Edwards. Cutler is not an option here.
                          IMO that's stupid. Edwards hasn't proven anything, and has looked downright horrid at times.

Now, I'm not saying the Bills should be desperate to bring in a QB, or that QB should be a priority. They have far bigger priorities at the moment.

But, if someone like Cutler becomes available via trade, they should at least see if it's reasonable to obtain him.

Personally, I'm not sold on Cutler, but at this point he's better than Edwards and I wouldn't mind picking him up for the right price ("right price" being key- if they want Jason Peters, they can **** off).
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            Again I am all for discussing it but I was confused by many of the threads acting as if the Bills were close to doing it.
                            I merged a few together. People just hear a new name and get over excited.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              IMO that's stupid. Edwards hasn't proven anything, and has looked downright horrid at times.

Now, I'm not saying the Bills should be desperate to bring in a QB, or that QB should be a priority. They have far bigger priorities at the moment.

But, if someone like Cutler becomes available via trade, they should at least see if it's reasonable to obtain him.

Personally, I'm not sold on Cutler, but at this point he's better than Edwards and I wouldn't mind picking him up for the right price ("right price" being key- if they want Jason Peters, they can **** off).
                              I think Cutler is on a better team than Edwards.

Cutlers attitude kills the deal for me. I dont care how strong his arm is. Edwards is plenty accurate and has shown he can get the ball deep to Evans.

If Edwards never had the concussion and lost his composure for those 4 or 5 games, we wouldnt even be talking about this and the majority of the board would think Edwards is better.

But woulda, coulda, shoulda... Edwards has this year to step up, or we will be searching again.

And I disagre that Edwards has every reason to succeed, whos starting at LG again? And its not like our new C is a slam dunk either.

Comment

Working...
                              X