• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

Pat Moran, I see your signed in

Not posting anything? I'd rather read speculation than nothing!

Isn't Crowell supposedly visiting today?

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: Pat Moran, I see your signed in

Crowell would be another Buffalo surprise
    March 16, 2009 11:41 AM
    Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

If you were to have asked me two weeks ago to rank the most unlikely Buffalo Bills signings this offseason, these players would have comprised my top five:

Crowell
    Barry Sanders
    J.P. Losman
    Angelo Crowell
    Travis Henry
    Terrell Owens
    Steve Wyche of NFL.com has reported Crowell was expected to visit the Bills on Monday if the seventh-year linebacker wasn't able to reach terms with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers over the weekend.

Two sources close to Crowell informed me in January there was no way he would return to the Bills after they placed him on injured reserve right before last season started.

The Bills made the controversial move because Crowell waited so long to decide he was going to undergo arthroscopic knee surgery that would have sidelined him a projected four to six weeks. But the Bills erased their leading tackler for the duration.

The Bills claimed they needed the roster spot. Logic implied vindictiveness.

But the Bills probably hurt themselves in the process. If they bring Crowell back after interviewing Jamie Winborn, Cato June and Freddy Keiaho, it will only underscore how much the Bills could have used him last year.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
      • Aug 2004

So Tim Graham is Moran's source as he insists there is no chance for Crowell to ever set foot in OBD again.

Comment

• ct bills fan
        • Jul 2002

yep

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Angelo Crowell returning would be a huge shock to most people covering the Bills. Allen Wilson said just a few days ago he is "history".

I dont have any sources or contacts regarding Crowell. I along with most of you I assume, is just hoping that whatever hatchet is still out there can be buried. I'd love him back here.

I just don't see it happening, and I would love to be wrong about that.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Feb 2009

i just feel thats the best option in all of free agency right now for us to eliminate a need.

i was never a huge crowell fan, but i'm man enough to admit he's our best choice. sorry but i don't want some high paid rookie lb.

i want our first round pick to have the luxury to learn. a defensive end can rotate in here and there and make an impact. if we drafted an LB high, he'd be expected to start right away. i don't want that.

sign crowell back up!

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
              • Aug 2004

I have to believe that Crowell is not plan A on their list. And the likes of June are probably further down the list.

As an organization, I believe they have a plan to start with. I have no source but I'd venture to guess a guy like Julian Peterson would be a perfect match for this team (coverage + pass rush). And you know agents routinely keep team informed about the likelyhood of their clients availability. So they waited, maybe even getting into a bidding war of sorts until Detroit came with Redding and a draft pick.

Now they have to come back to the reality and examine their best options. Crowell is part of this exercise.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Feb 2005

well i think its one of 2 things now. either they are going to match crowells best offer he has so far or they are going to use him coming into town to leverage june down more. it was reported that junes agent and the bills were in negotiations but nothing happened. obviously he wanted more than we wanted to pay so maybe a proven player coming in will drop junes demands. either way i think we come out of this with either june, or crowell.

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                  either way i think we come out of this with either june, or crowell.
                  We had better!
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

Crowell knows the system, also knows the players around him, logically and statistically he was better than Mitchell and Poz so this equals a no brainer
                    but our front office makes the wrong decisions usually so i wouldnt get my hope up
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• mikemac2001
                      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                      • Mar 2003

Its hard to bring the guy back he kinda F'd us and then we F'd Him

Maybe they can get over the differences and just win ball games

i would take him over the rest of the FA"s only problem is if both sides still have a nasty taste from each other

MUCK
                      FIAMI

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                        Its hard to bring the guy back he kinda F'd us and then we F'd Him

Maybe they can get over the differences and just win ball games

i would take him over the rest of the FA"s only problem is if both sides still have a nasty taste from each other
                        ya but LB isnt the QB position and money cures all problems. if we pay him and he wants to be here, all is forgotten. LB's mentality is completely different from a QB where a QB might hold the team hostage for a a stupid mistake even after they finally admit they made one LOL!!! (alittle jay cutler flare there for you boys :)

Comment

• Aero II
                          RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
                          • Jul 2002

How's his knee?

Comment

Working...
                          X