X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xXSpIkes5IXx
    • Mar 2006

These Roscoe trade posts....

Are ridiculous. You think we should trade the best punt returner in the game? Hes on our team not to put up as a receiver, but to change the field position game.

Its amazing how the fans want to trade one of our biggest impact players, and at the same time complain about how we don't have enough.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: These Roscoe trade posts....

Originally posted by xXSpIkes5IXx

Its amazing how the fans want to trade one of our biggest impact players, and at the same time complain about how we don't have enough.
    word. We want continuity but we want to keep playing musical chairs with the OL.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I think some of see that guys like this (Dante Hall comes to mind as the best parallel) come and go. They don't last long and why is that? Because they can't play their natural position of WR.

Parrish has a high value right now and if I got offered a 3rd or 4th for him, Id seriously take a long look at it. Returners can be found.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Did you see how bad Roscoe is as a WR? Remember when Reed got hurt and he had to start?

This is the problem with keeping guys for S/T prowess only. It hurts depth at other positions. The drop-off between Parrish and Jackson or McKelvin is not that steep, plus we have McGee for kickoffs if necessary.

We've had the best S/T in the NFL for most of this decade. Where has it gotten us? ****ing nowhere. If this team is going to win, they need to stop sacrificing position players for guys who are on the field 5 plays a game.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Are ridiculous. You think we should trade the best punt returner in the game? Hes on our team not to put up as a receiver, but to change the field position game.

Agreed. Field position is huge in today's NFL.

Yes you can find returners, but there aren't many like Roscoe and Hester. The return against Seattle is one only a handful of guys can make.

Comment

• Ed
            • Sep 2002

I still think Roscoe could be a good weapon in this offense if we just tried to use him a little more or use him more effectively. All our corners always talk about how he's the toughest guy to cover one on one. We've also seen him score from 30+ yds out on reverse plays, yet we didn't run one single reverse with him last year. Why not?

Maybe with Trent going into his 3rd year and having Lee and T.O. drawing all the attention, we can FINALLY start to get Roscoe a little more involved.

I don't know why people are so eager to get rid of him. We probably couldn't get much in a trade and he's not expensive either. So I'd rather not give up one of our most exciting players.
            Last edited by Ed; 03-16-2009, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed
              I still think Roscoe could be a good weapon in this offense if we just tried to use him a little more or use him more effectively. All our corners always talk about how he's the toughest guy to cover one on one. We've also seen him score from 30+ yds out on reverse plays, yet we didn't run one single reverse with him last year. Why not?

Maybe with Trent going into his 3rd year and having Lee and T.O. drawing all the attention, we can FINALLY start to get Roscoe a little more involved.

I don't know why people are so eager to get rid of him. We probably couldn't get much in a trade and he's not expensive either. So I'd rather not give up one of our most exciting players.
              1. He's a terrible WR. I don't know why our DB's say he's so hard to cover one on one, because opposing DB's never bite on his fakes and run with him the whole time. Josh Reed isn't nearly as fast but gets much better separation on his routes.

2. We have other guys who can return punts, so it's not like we'd be giving up a whole lot.

3. This team has much bigger holes than WR and PR, and Parrish has decent value. So if we can trade him to get a player, or possibly a draft pick, to fill those holes, it would benefit the team (I'd prefer a player since draft picks are hit or miss and usually take time to develop, but player for player trades are rare in the NFL).
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Everyone keeps talking about Roscoe as an offensive weapon- when exactly has he been an offensive weapon? Speed doesn't always mean he's a weapon, especially since he's only 165 and gets easily arm tackled.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Everyone keeps talking about Roscoe as an offensive weapon- when exactly has he been an offensive weapon? Speed doesn't always mean he's a weapon, especially since he's only 165 and gets easily arm tackled.
                  I would use Parrish is screen passes but unfortunately our coaches don't know what that is.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• nateodoms'bff
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    I would use Parrish is screen passes but unfortunately our coaches don't know what that is.
                    I'm sure the coaches have thought of this. The problem is that Roscoe has hands of stone, and can't find a hole, unless he runs 8 yards in the opposite direction...

That doesn't work so good on screen plays, where you are starting 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage to begin with.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by nateodoms'bff
                      I'm sure the coaches have thought of this. The problem is that Roscoe has hands of stone, and can't find a hole, unless he runs 8 yards in the opposite direction...

That doesn't work so good on screen plays, where you are starting 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage to begin with.

YOu mean Roscoe is the only wr we have on this team? I doubt Roscoe is the problem. He doesn't have hands of stone. He can also catch punts no? If he can't find holes how is he a punt returner?
                      Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-16-2009, 02:55 PM.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Mckelvin is just as good a returner.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Roscoe is a luxury item. This team has no use for luxury. They need utility.

Roscoe also has his amazing returns early in the season. Then he just kind of lulls. We also don't have a dominant defense that gets the other teams to punt the ball to us. So our "dynamic returner" just sits there with no use.

If a good deal comes along, we should send roscoe packing. we have adequate players to take his spot and we need to get better as a team overall.

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

We wouldn't give up a whole lot by unloading Parrish... only about 10-20 yards of field position in a game of inches.

With the acquisition of TO, Parrish is more valuable than he has ever been.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Jenkins or Parrish?

I'll take Parrish.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X