PDA

View Full Version : Alright, so just a quick question

X-Era
03-16-2009, 04:52 PM
What is to gain by waiting at this point?

The market is dried up for June, and Keiaho... Crowell didnt get some blow-you-away-offer.

On Kendall Simmons, we know he has health concerns but no one else is looking, same for Goff and Kendall. Also Bentley.

So Im just trying to figure out what possible reason the Bills would be using for just sitting and waiting?

1) Do they think they would be better served to see what they get in the draft? and then fill in with whats left? Ok, almost makes sense, but anyof these guys could get grabbed at any moment and leave us banking solely on the draft.

2) Do they think if they wait they can get a better deal? I gotta think the contract demands are pretty similar to what we are willing to pay anyways.

So, in both cases, why wait? The downside to this plan is that it could blowup in our face and leav us trying to fill too many holes solely from the draft. Thats very very scary.

Ed
03-16-2009, 04:58 PM
My guess would be that since there's no real demand for those players, they can take their time and weigh all possible options. No point in rushing to sign someone if a better player may become available. I'm thinking that they still are trying to work some trades and want to see if they can pull those off first before going with Plan B.

X-Era
03-16-2009, 05:00 PM
My guess would be that since there's no real demand for those players, they can take their time and weigh all possible options. No point in rushing to sign someone if a better player may become available. I'm thinking that they still are trying to work some trades and want to see if they can pull those off first before going with Plan B.

Thats even more risky... trades are unlikely, teh draft is a crap shoot, we have too many holes.

yordad
03-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Pick a the best LB and OG. Sign them. If someone else becomes available, we need depth anyways (and we have the cash).

This doesn't seem too hard, but I'm just a message-boarder.

The Jokeman
03-16-2009, 05:59 PM
What is to gain by waiting at this point?

The market is dried up for June, and Keiaho... Crowell didnt get some blow-you-away-offer.

On Kendall Simmons, we know he has health concerns but no one else is looking, same for Goff and Kendall. Also Bentley.

So Im just trying to figure out what possible reason the Bills would be using for just sitting and waiting?

1) Do they think they would be better served to see what they get in the draft? and then fill in with whats left? Ok, almost makes sense, but anyof these guys could get grabbed at any moment and leave us banking solely on the draft.

2) Do they think if they wait they can get a better deal? I gotta think the contract demands are pretty similar to what we are willing to pay anyways.

So, in both cases, why wait? The downside to this plan is that it could blowup in our face and leav us trying to fill too many holes solely from the draft. Thats very very scary.

I think we are really waiting for the draft in terms of LB. As have a feeling we really like Maybin or Brown and if we can't land either one then we'll sign June if he's still available. In terms of free agent OGs to be honest the list of those available isn't all that impressive. Simmons might be the best of the lot but is a big time question mark. Yet if I were GM I would at least sign a veteran to compete in training camp as don't really see many impressive OGs in the draft either unless we take an OT prospect at #11 and shift him to OG which isn't out of question considering Butler was thought to be a RT when he came out and since we favor bigger O-lineman yet again think a mistake not bringing in a vet OG.