PDA

View Full Version : This is what bugs ME

OpIv37
03-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Two years ago, when Briere and Drury left, the FO talked about this team needing to be "tougher." What have they done, in two full off seasons and two trade deadlines since then? Rivet and Moore- that's it. Nothing against those two guys, but what is it that makes the asshats in the Sabres' FO sit back and go "this team is a Craig Rivet and Dominic Moore away from winning the Cup!"?

Pominville gets his big payday then loses his scoring touch. Screwing around with his stick curve in the middle of the season? How long has he been playing hockey? And he doesn't ****ing know how he likes his stick curved? WTF? At this point, he can be summed up in one word: harmless.

None of our vet defensemen- Tallinder, Lydman or Spacek- hit enough. And they're all prone to brain farts that give up scoring chances. And they still make the extra pass when trying to start the breakout from the defensive zone. They've been doing that **** for two years already. ****ING CUT THE ****!

Other teams harass our goalies in front of the net, and no one except Gaustad and maybe Mair does a damn thing about it. Meanwhile, no one on our team is willing to go in front of the other team's net with the exception of Vanek. I know he makes 7 million a year, but he can't do it himself, guys.

Kaleta, Mair and Gaustad go balls out every night, but they're just not that good compared to the skill players on the other team (or on our team, for that matter). Miller goes down, and instead of stepping up, our offensive players go to sleep. Hecht, Stafford, Vanek, Roy, Pominville, and Paille all need to step it up while Miller's out, but none of them have.

I used to like Hecht but he's come to define mediocrity.

And this team doesn't play with any urgency with the playoffs on the ****ing line. They can't beat sorry ass teams like Atlanta and Ottawa. Ottawa is ONE ****ING LINE. Statistically they're even worse than us, but they still manage to kick the Sabres' ass head to head every ****ing time.

And worst of all, all of this means another season without being in the ****ing playoffs. Hardcore hockey fans in WNY miss out while all these bandwagon jumping Caps "fans" get to enjoy the playoffs. **** that noise.

And that's what bugs me.

JD
03-16-2009, 11:55 PM
and you can't even call Moore tough, hes kotalik with out the big shot/backhand. Decent size, as soft as tallinder post arm breakage

JD
03-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Hecht and Pominville better be ****ing benched tomorrow.. but we all know Ruff cant bench JP

chernobylwraiths
03-17-2009, 06:23 AM
and you can't even call Moore tough, hes kotalik with out the big shot/backhand. Decent size, as soft as tallinder post arm breakage

You can tell that with only a handful of games? He don't seem as soft as the rest of the team to me.

mchurchfie
03-17-2009, 07:27 AM
Maybe they'll feed Roy, Hecht, and Pommers some steroids. They play like women so might as well get them soom boobs to go with it.

SabreEleven
03-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Hecht and Pominville better be ****ing benched tomorrow.. but we all know Ruff cant bench JP

or Hecht...these are two of the "core" players that this FO is in "love" with.

raphael120
03-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Dude I hear you...but at least as hockey fans, we have the option of seeing playoff hockey at the Phone Booth if you can put up with all the dumbass fans who don't know what the hell the blue line is.

Nighthawk
03-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Two years ago, when Briere and Drury left, the FO talked about this team needing to be "tougher." What have they done, in two full off seasons and two trade deadlines since then? Rivet and Moore- that's it. Nothing against those two guys, but what is it that makes the asshats in the Sabres' FO sit back and go "this team is a Craig Rivet and Dominic Moore away from winning the Cup!"?
Pominville gets his big payday then loses his scoring touch. Screwing around with his stick curve in the middle of the season? How long has he been playing hockey? And he doesn't ****ing know how he likes his stick curved? WTF? At this point, he can be summed up in one word: harmless.

None of our vet defensemen- Tallinder, Lydman or Spacek- hit enough. And they're all prone to brain farts that give up scoring chances. And they still make the extra pass when trying to start the breakout from the defensive zone. They've been doing that **** for two years already. ****ING CUT THE ****!

Other teams harass our goalies in front of the net, and no one except Gaustad and maybe Mair does a damn thing about it. Meanwhile, no one on our team is willing to go in front of the other team's net with the exception of Vanek. I know he makes 7 million a year, but he can't do it himself, guys.

Kaleta, Mair and Gaustad go balls out every night, but they're just not that good compared to the skill players on the other team (or on our team, for that matter). Miller goes down, and instead of stepping up, our offensive players go to sleep. Hecht, Stafford, Vanek, Roy, Pominville, and Paille all need to step it up while Miller's out, but none of them have.

I used to like Hecht but he's come to define mediocrity.

And this team doesn't play with any urgency with the playoffs on the ****ing line. They can't beat sorry ass teams like Atlanta and Ottawa. Ottawa is ONE ****ING LINE. Statistically they're even worse than us, but they still manage to kick the Sabres' ass head to head every ****ing time.

And worst of all, all of this means another season without being in the ****ing playoffs. Hardcore hockey fans in WNY miss out while all these bandwagon jumping Caps "fans" get to enjoy the playoffs. **** that noise.

And that's what bugs me.

This is something that we've been talking about BEFORE the lockout! This organization got lucky for two years and now they are so pompous that they don't realize that they have no clue what they're doing.

chubluv
03-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Great post OP. This team is softer then a roll of toilet paper. We need some hard core changes to the roster. I dont want to use the re build word, but I think we are very close to having to think about it.