PDA

View Full Version : If these rumors turn out to be true and the Bills do trade for Cutler...

X-Era
03-16-2009, 04:57 PM
This is a rumor that supposedly Ruben floated on WECK

Can anyone confirm that he said that?

BILLSROCK1212
03-16-2009, 05:03 PM

Can anyone confirm that he said that?
him and Scheffler have the same agent....maybe we're interested in Scheffler

X-Era
03-16-2009, 05:04 PM
him and Scheffler have the same agent....maybe we're interested in Scheffler

I just want to know if its a real story.

BILLSROCK1212
03-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Pat?? Sal??

X-Era
03-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Brad Riter reportedly said Cook is in town... yes, hes Cutlers agent.

I havent heard it, I dont get WECK.. still would like someone to confirm for us all.

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 05:15 PM
scheffler is our type of TE i could totally see us bringing him in. he is a premier pass catching TE and yes i said premier! last year in only 13 games he had 40 catches for 645 yards and 3 TD's and the year before that he had 49 catches for 549 yards and 5 TD's. this guy is on the verge of a break out year!!! i hope it is buffalo, man that would be sick!!! T.O., lee evans, tony scheffler and josh reed as our main targets with lynch and jackson in the backfield, that is sick!!!

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Tony Scheffler stats

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=9647

X-Era
03-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Several people on another (AND NOT AS GOOD) board are saying that they are hearing it.

trapezeus
03-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Is cook not one of the top agents in the league? i assume he represents a number of players. wouldn't get too excited about this people.

X-Era
03-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Is cook not one of the top agents in the league? i assume he represents a number of players. wouldn't get too excited about this people.

Heres the list:

http://www.buscook.com/content/view/16/9/

No Bills players and no one thats a recent visit.

Yet Sheffler and Cutler stand out on the list.

trapezeus
03-16-2009, 05:27 PM
i think of cook as one of the "bad" jerry maguire agents who always gets a high draft pick to sign with him. maybe cook is the potential agent to one of the top 11 picks that the bills want to look at.

JD
03-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Moss to Bills e6

X-Era
03-16-2009, 05:30 PM
i think of cook as one of the "bad" jerry maguire agents who always gets a high draft pick to sign with him. maybe cook is the potential agent to one of the top 11 picks that the bills want to look at.

To be honest, that seems less likely than a possible trade for Sheffler or Cutler.

TacklingDummy
03-16-2009, 05:31 PM

Can anyone confirm that he said that?We could only hope he's in town to talk about how much Cutler would love to be a Bill.

X-Era
03-16-2009, 05:34 PM
We could only hope he's in town to talk about how much Cutler would love to be a Bill.

Ok, million dollar question:

Is Cutler an ego guy who becomes:

Jim Kelly?

or

Ryan Leaf?

BTW, Im listening now and can confirm that they are reporting Bus Cook is here.

Slim
03-16-2009, 05:37 PM

Jim Kelly?

or

Ryan Leaf?

Cutlerera?

X-Era
03-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Cutlerera?

:D:

Im changing names more than beer brands at this point.

I still am not a Cutler fan, but if they do it, what are ya gonna do?

Slim
03-16-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm excited.. But i have a feeling this has nothing to do with Cutler.

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 05:39 PM
if he is here its for scheffler. hopefully it gets done because that would be a need position locked up and would allow us flexibility in the draft.

X-Era
03-16-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm excited.. But i have a feeling this has nothing to do with Cutler.

Im not a huge Sheffler fan either.

But hes not bad.

Slim
03-16-2009, 05:41 PM
:D:

Im changing names more than beer brands at this point.

I still am not a Cutler fan, but if they do it, what are ya gonna do?

I'd probably fly out to atleast two games this year. I'd buy a jersey the day they were availabe.

Mudflap1
03-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Bus Cook also represents CB Ken Lucas, who just got cut a few days ago.

Jon

Slim

Jon

Lol i doubt its about another corner.

X-Era
I'd probably fly out to atleast two games this year. I'd buy a jersey the day they were availabe.

I dont get it... I dont think hes that great. He doesnt even have a winning record.

Mudflap1
03-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Lol i doubt its about another corner.

Why is that funny? I could see the Bills talking to him. It's funnier that it's for Cutler. The coaching staff loooooves Edwards.

X-Era
03-16-2009, 05:44 PM

Jon

I thought that too, maybe hes gonna move to FS? But thats Whitners new spot so it doesnt make any sense.

Its a Cutler or Sheffler move.

Keep in mind we were interested in him before... supposedly. Both during the draft and during the first news of his impending trade.

Mudflap1
03-16-2009, 05:45 PM
I thought that too, maybe hes gonna move to FS? But thats Whitners new spot so it doesnt make any sense.

Its a Cutler or Sheffler move.

Keep in mind we were interested in him before... supposedly. Both during the draft and during the first news of his impending trade.

It's anybody's guess right now. Certainly, if, for instance, it's about Lucas, they can still ask about Cutler's availability. It's what happened with Rosenhaus and T.O.

X-Era
03-16-2009, 05:47 PM
It's anybody's guess right now. Certainly, if, for instance, it's about Lucas, they can still ask about Cutler's availability. It's what happened with Rosenhaus and T.O.

Would you be happy with a trade for either Sheffler or Cutler?

Slim
03-16-2009, 05:47 PM
I dont get it... I dont think hes that great. He doesnt even have a winning record.

I'm alot more sold on Cutler than i am Edwards. Cutler can get it done in this league. Yes, his career record under .500. But, if the Broncos had a decent defense they would have won 10 or 11 games last year easy. Yes, he lost to the Bills last season, but he put up 350 and 2 tds. He has the arm to throw in Buffalo. I'm afraid trent won't get it done this year, or he'll get hurt again. And we'll be regretting not making this move for a LONG time.

Slim
03-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Why is that funny? I could see the Bills talking to him. It's funnier that it's for Cutler. The coaching staff loooooves Edwards.

I wasn't laughing at your post turbo. I was laughing at the thought of the Bills looking at another corner. If anything its Schef. And Modrak had a hard on for Cutler on draft day. DJ's the only person i am sure loves Edawrds. I know Turk and Tolbert weren't happy with him last season.

X-Era
03-16-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm alot more sold on Cutler than i am Edwards. Cutler can get it done in this league. Yes, his career record under .500. But, if the Broncos had a decent defense they would have won 10 or 11 games last year easy. Yes, he lost to the Bills last season, but he put up 350 and 2 tds. He has the arm to throw in Buffalo. I'm afraid trent won't get it done this year, or he'll get hurt again. And we'll be regretting not making this move for a LONG time.

Well, if we want him we have more to offer at QB but obviously not picks.

What would it take?

Mudflap1
03-16-2009, 05:51 PM

Perhaps. Depends on the terms I guess. Scheffler is an upgrade over Royal certainly. And Cutler is an upgrade over Edwards probably. The question is what other holes will remain open by sacrificing picks/resources to Cutler or Scheffler. Scheffler fills a needed hole (TE). Cutler, on paper, would be good, he's talented, but who is going to block for him? Me? You? Who is going to rush the passer? High picks are going to have to be given up for both, and especially Cutler.

I would probably be inclined to see about Cutler. However, knowing how the staff and organization loves Edwards and just got done praising him for two weeks about what a team guy he was with championing bringing T.O. into town, I doubt the Bills would do an about face and get rid of him. Keep in mind, while Edwards is not a great quarterback (or even good at this point), he's capable of starting, and he comes very cheap right now. Something that the front office likes.

Mudflap1
03-16-2009, 05:53 PM
I wasn't laughing at your post turbo. I was laughing at the thought of the Bills looking at another corner. If anything its Schef. And Modrak had a hard on for Cutler on draft day. DJ's the only person i am sure loves Edawrds. I know Turk and Tolbert weren't happy with him last season.

The front office likes Edwards. He's a starter and he comes cheap.

I could see the Bills kicking the tires about Lucas. I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

I agree, I would hedge my bets its for Scheffler. He's the one that fills a need that is a gaping hole right now on the roster.

yordad
Talk about making something out of nothing.

OK, I'll join. Cutler for Edwards, straight up.

don137
He could be in town for a number of reasons...I would not read much into it. Heck, Jeremy Bridges (he lives in my development), is a FA that can play tackle and guard. Maybe they are looking at him.

X-Era
03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Apparently Ruben said its Cutler related (per his source)

WE NEED PAT!

Mudflap1
03-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Who is Ruben? Ruben Brown? He is a radio host?

Big Bad Boone
You can listen to the show online here:
http://lightningstream.surfernetwork.com/Media/player/view/weck4.asp?call=weck&title=Hometown%201230%20WECK&skin=WECK

I heard him say about 5-10 minutes ago, something to the effect of, "If you've just tuned in, the big story is that Rueben Brown told us Bus Cook, who is the agent for Jay Cutler and Tony Scheffler, is or was in Buffalo."

They're not talking about it much now, but I'd expect them to mention it now and then. They fielded a bunch of calls about it before.

Edit- Eh, show's over now, actually. Riter said he'd put it on his website sometime tonight.

jimbohastle51
for bus to come all the way to buffalo he is here negotiating for one of his clients. that is common sense. i am sure he is trying to negotiate a contract for scheffler before a trade is consumated. probably the stipulation of any trade is scheffler has to have a new contract. this of cource is if bus cook is even in buffalo...

Slim
03-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Who is Ruben? Ruben Brown? He is a radio host?

Yes, the ex-Bills player.

Yasgur's Farm
03-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Talk about making something out of nothing.

OK, I'll join. Cutler for Edwards, straight up.I'd throw in Parrish as well.

Slim
03-16-2009, 06:03 PM
There's some guy at BBMB saying that Ruben said it was Cutler related. I didn't listen to the whole show, so i can't confirm it. The guy has 521 posts.

Reality check. I just realized that Russ and Trent text eachother(TO situation), i doubt this happens.

Slim
03-16-2009, 06:04 PM
It would take Edwards and a first. Or MAYBE Edwards and a second and fourth.

patmoran2006
03-16-2009, 06:05 PM
I dont even want to speculate on this.. I know nothing, and Cook being here if true is weird.

I dont see them trading Edwards.. I definitely however, known they have had an interest in Tony Scheffler; so depsite Ruben Brown allegedly saying the meeting is about Cutler and not Scheffler; I think it would be the opposite.

Mudflap1
There's some guy at BBMB saying that Ruben said it was Cutler related. I didn't listen to the whole show, so i can't confirm it. The guy has 521 posts.

Reality check. I just realized that Russ and Trent text eachother(TO situation), i doubt this happens.

Yes, that is my point. I would doubt that Russ would all of a sudden go radio silent and Trent would find himself traded to Denver. I mean, business is business, but the Bills aren't cutthroat or shark enough to do something like this, like Dallas or Washington.

Yasgur's Farm
Edwards and Peters for Cutler and Bronco's #3

X-Era
03-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Yes, that is my point. I would doubt that Russ would all of a sudden go radio silent and Trent would find himself traded to Denver. I mean, business is business, but the Bills aren't cutthroat or shark enough to do something like this, like Dallas or Washington.

Gotta agree... with a hole at TE, Sheffler makes way more sense.

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 06:15 PM
its going to be like a 3rd round choice for scheffler, and that is a fair trade all around.

X-Era
03-16-2009, 06:17 PM
its going to be like a 3rd round choice for scheffler, and that is a fair trade all around.

I would say so.

Your looking at Nelson or Cook in the 2nd.. or guys like Ingram, Beckum, Coffman or Casey.

I really like Nelson or Cook, but neither is the proven player that Sheffler is.

Syderick
03-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Here's an article from yesterday on Cook and the situation:

http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2009/03/the-first-effort-at-ending.html

The Spaz
03-16-2009, 06:19 PM
While Tony Scheffler isn't spectacular he is pretty good and averaging 50 yards is game should help our offense. For a 3rd I think this would be a good deal.

patmoran2006
03-16-2009, 06:21 PM
The Broncos resigned Putzier (TE) and already have Daniel Graham.
IF cook is indeed here talking to the BIlls, i'd say its about scheffler.

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 06:21 PM
its been rumored all off season that the bills were possibly looking into trading for a TE and everyone assumed it was owen daniels because they like him (even though really it was never feasible). maybe scheffler is the guy. it makes a ton of sense. and he is a big 6'5" 250lbs. TE that is one of the best at running routes and pass cathing in the league. this would be a nice present, especially if we went ahead and brought crow back as well or signed june.

Devin
03-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Scheffler wouldbe another tall/well rounded weapon. We square away him and even an average line and we could be in business!

X-Era
03-16-2009, 06:24 PM
IF cook is indeed here talking to the BIlls, i'd say its about scheffler.

They JUST resigned Putzier.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=nfl/news/newstest.aspx?id=4220251

Im seeing a plan here....

Come on Sheffler!!!

TacklingDummy
03-16-2009, 06:45 PM

Jim Kelly?

or

Ryan Leaf?

In Cutlers first 3 years he has 54 TD passes compared to Kelly's 56. Kelly also started in 11 more games during that time period. Cutler may turn out to be better than Kelly.

There is no comparison between Cutler vs Leaf.

WagonCircler
03-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Gotta agree... with a hole at TE, Sheffler makes way more sense.

I posted that exact same thing on the "other" boards about an hour ago.

No way it's a straight-up player for player trade. It would have to be Edwards and a #1 or Edwards and Peters for Cutler and a draft choice.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-16-2009, 06:58 PM
IF cook is indeed here talking to the BIlls, i'd say its about scheffler.<!-- / message -->

Man Pat I hope this goes down. This would be a great pick-up and give us a ton of weapons. I would love Cutler but no way will this org do this to Trent they love him to much. Plus if we give up a first for Jay we will def need to resign Peters. Boy man, would I love Cutler here but it aint happening.

THATHURMANATOR
03-16-2009, 06:59 PM
My buddy who doesn't post here or generally get into this rumor crap said that he has an ultra secret contact telling him that Cutler will be a Bill. That would be sweet.

THATHURMANATOR
03-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Man Pat I hope this goes down. This would be a great pick-up and give us a ton of weapons. I would love Cutler but no way will this org do this to Trent they love him to much. Plus if we give up a first for Jay we will def need to resign Peters. Boy man, would I love Cutler here but it aint happening.
What would they be "doing" to Trent other than sending him to a more established team.

X-Era
My buddy who doesn't post here or generally get into this rumor crap said that he has an ultra secret contact telling him that Cutler will be a Bill. That would be sweet.

How legit is his sourcing?

McD

That would be INSANE!!!

Syderick
03-16-2009, 07:05 PM

That would be awesome, be good if we got both, but i'm good with Edwards.

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 07:07 PM
as much as i think cutler is elite i just dont see the bills doing it. i mean we do have the ammo, with a high second round pick and a young smart QB that could learn josh daniels system but i am a realist and reality says we are trying to get scheffler for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Mudflap1
03-16-2009, 07:07 PM

Buffalo Bills 2009: The year the Bills turned into whores!!!

(not a bad thing)

Ickybaluky
03-16-2009, 07:13 PM
If it is a trade for Cutler, then Edwards would be part of it.

It actually makes some sense. The Patriots really liked Edwards and were going to select him with their 3rd round pick if he lasted (the Bills took him first). The Pats coaches are involved in scouting prospects at their positions, so McDaniels would have personally worked out Edwards.

That said, it would be a whopper. Edwards would seem a better fit for McDaniels offense, which relies on the QB being disciplined. Cutler is very talented, but kind of a gunslinger with a big arm and more of a wild side. He loves to make the big play, which would seem to make him a good fit for Buffalo with Evans and TO outside. Fit wise, it makes sense.

Heck, I could even see Scheffler being part of a deal, as I don't think Denver will keep him. Scheffler is a excellent receiver, but not much of a blocker. He is more of an H-back type, which isn't as much a fit as Denver wants the TE to block more. However, Scheffler is very good in the passing game.

Cutler would require a new contract for big-time dollars. He is a very talented guy coming off a Pro Bowl. He would probably be asking for upwards of $100M on a new deal.

Ickybaluky
03-16-2009, 07:14 PM
What would they be "doing" to Trent other than sending him to a more established team.

With a young offensive coach who he is a very good fit for offensively.

X-Era
03-16-2009, 07:15 PM
If it is a trade for Cutler, then Edwards would be part of it.

It actually makes some sense. The Patriots really liked Edwards and were going to select him with their 3rd round pick if he lasted (the Bills took him first). The Pats coaches are involved in scouting prospects at their positions, so McDaniels would have personally worked out Edwards.

That said, it would be a whopper. Edwards would seem a better fit for McDaniels offense, which relies on the QB being disciplined. Cutler is very talented, but kind of a gunslinger with a big arm and more of a wild side. He loves to make the big play, which would seem to make him a good fit for Buffalo with Evans and TO outside. Fit wise, it makes sense.

Heck, I could even see Scheffler being part of a deal, as I don't think Denver will keep him. Scheffler is a excellent receiver, but not much of a blocker. He is more of an H-back type, which isn't as much a fit as Denver wants the TE to block more. However, Scheffler is very good in the passing game.

Cutler would require a new contract for big-time dollars. He is a very talented guy coming off a Pro Bowl. He would probably be asking for upwards of $100M on a new deal.

The Broncos could trade him without a new contract, then it becomes our problem to resign him.

Mudflap1
03-16-2009, 07:16 PM
The Broncos could trade him without a new contract, then it becomes our problem to resign him.

Cutler has three years remaining on his contract. I don't think anybody needs to worry about that right now.

Ickybaluky

Rumor is he is looking for a new deal. That is supposed to be bothering him as much as anything.

I don't think it would be an impediment, though. The Bills would get a lot back from a Cutler signing. He would be the new face of their franchise.

THATHURMANATOR
How legit is his sourcing?
Eh not sure but I thought it was odd he would text me that so I jumped on here to see this thread.

X-Era
03-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Eh not sure but I thought it was odd he would text me that so I jumped on here to see this thread.

And your saying he has told you he has a real source thats saying this?

Mudflap1
03-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Rumor is he is looking for a new deal. That is supposed to be bothering him as much as anything.

I don't think it would be an impediment, though. The Bills would get a lot back from a Cutler signing. He would be the new face of their franchise.

Yeah, you're right. The Bills have a strong history of paying top dollar for their own players.... (cough cough *Jason Peters* cough cough).

X-Era
03-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Yeah, you're right. The Bills have a strong history of paying top dollar for their own players.... (cough cough *Jason Peters* cough cough).

They have never had a problem paying QB's...

Johnson, and Flutie.. add in Bledsoe (I think they just absorbed that one).

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 07:21 PM
i would love to see on the espn ticker late tonight or tomorrow morning that we trade for tony scheffler. hey if we got cutler great, but i am not going to pump myself all up. there are other teams that want him, but if mcdaniels is in deed looking for a QB along with a pick in return for him, ya the browns have enough, but there money is sooooo jacked up from savage i dont think they could give him a new contract right now. but buffalo could offer a young talented really smart QB with 2 affordable years left on his deal along with a very high 2nd round pick. that would have to be appealing to denver i would think.

Mudflap1
03-16-2009, 07:21 PM
They have never had a problem paying QB's...

Johnson, and Flutie.. add in Bledsoe (I think they just absorbed that one).

I was kidding (a little).

X-Era
03-16-2009, 07:23 PM
i would love to see on the espn ticker late tonight or tomorrow morning that we trade for tony scheffler. hey if we got cutler great, but i am not going to pump myself all up. there are other teams that want him, but if mcdaniels is in deed looking for a QB along with a pick in return for him, ya the browns have enough, but there money is sooooo jacked up from savage i dont think they could give him a new contract right now. but buffalo could offer a young talented really smart QB with 2 affordable years left on his deal along with a very high 2nd round pick. that would have to be appealing to denver i would think.

I know the Browns have the higher pick, but Edwards is better than Quinn at this point.

I just dont see them tanking their whole season with a rook or a guy with very few starts.

Ickybaluky
03-16-2009, 07:25 PM

It is different when you are talking a franchise QB. Every team will pay for them, because they become the face of your franchise. Cutler would become the new identity of the Bills, paying him would not be a problem.

His contract has big escalators the last couple years so it will have to be addressed, anyway. Cook will look for a new deal as part of any trade, and Buffalo would want to lock him up if they are going to make this big a move.

Like I said, I think it actually makes sense for both parties to some degree, although I'm not sure what else Denver would want. That is unknown. Also, I had thought Buffalo was pretty committed to Edwards, who I think is going to be a good QB. However, that may be what is driving the deal, as Edwards is one of the few guys they could get in trade who has the kind of value to make it worth giving up their QB.

I really think Denver will trade Cutler, assuming they get a QB they like in return. With the words of their owner today, I think it will happen. The owner will drive the thing, if he wasn't on board they wouldn't deal him. Cutler kind of insulted him by not returning his calls, so I think he is ready to dump him.

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 07:32 PM
i think more than draft picks, Denver wants to get a young QB in return. there are only a couple teams that have the ammo to do the deal. cleveland and buffalo. no other teams have promising young QB's to offer in the deal. and the only reason again i say buffalo is because it is no secret how much our front office like him the year he was drafted.

SquishDaFish
03-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Edwards and a 2nd for both players. I be down for that

X-Era
03-16-2009, 07:34 PM
i think more than draft picks, Denver wants to get a young QB in return. there are only a couple teams that have the ammo to do the deal. cleveland and buffalo. no other teams have promising young QB's to offer in the deal. and the only reason again i say buffalo is because it is no secret how much our front office like him the year he was drafted.

There certainly is a trail of links between us and Cutler and I think Edwards ability is the best of the pack of traders or tradees.

Oaf
03-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Please no. Just no.

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 07:40 PM
i have no doubt if we REALLY wanted him we could have him. we have high draft picks and a young, smart QB that mcdaniels is very familiar with, i guess it is a matter of do we want to do this.

McD
03-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Hell yeah...right now Denver has a serious issue with Cutler and McDaniels...just about irreparable. I think they'd make a move to stop all the distraction and headaches that are coming their way. A move to get Edwards, 'Scoe and a pick for Cutler and Scheffler? Would be a decent move for both teams at this point.

That being said...I'm not against Edwards as our starter...I still think he's going to continue to improve his game.

Also....how much of Ralph's age and desire for a winner before he "passes" has to do with this? I can see the old man saying..."you know what, ****-c-k it, make the move"!

X-Era
03-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Please no. Just no.

One thing is sure... we wont be lacking attitude.

The days of looking at the sidelines at pivotal moments and seeing the players and coaches looking like they are watching the History channel would be over.

X-Era
03-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Hell yeah...right now Denver has a serious issue with Cutler and McDaniels...just about irreparable. I think they'd make a move to stop all the distraction and headaches that are coming their way. A move to get Edwards, 'Scoe and a pick for Cutler and Scheffler? Would be a decent move for both teams at this point.

That being said...I'm not against Edwards as our starter...I still think he's going to continue to improve his game.
Im thinking we would want this to happen fast as well before we got into a bidding war.

Also, both teams have offseason stuff coming up and you would want your new QB to get going ASAP... they are starters afterall and need to know the systems inside and out.

McD
03-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Im thinking we would want this to happen fast as well before we got into a bidding war.

Also, both teams have offseason stuff coming up and you would want your new QB to get going ASAP... they are starters afterall and need to know the systems inside an out.

Good points.

Philagape
03-16-2009, 07:47 PM
It is different when you are talking a franchise QB. Every team will pay for them, because they become the face of your franchise. Cutler would become the new identity of the Bills, paying him would not be a problem.

His contract has big escalators the last couple years so it will have to be addressed, anyway. Cook will look for a new deal as part of any trade, and Buffalo would want to lock him up if they are going to make this big a move.

Like I said, I think it actually makes sense for both parties to some degree, although I'm not sure what else Denver would want. That is unknown. Also, I had thought Buffalo was pretty committed to Edwards, who I think is going to be a good QB. However, that may be what is driving the deal, as Edwards is one of the few guys they could get in trade who has the kind of value to make it worth giving up their QB.

I really think Denver will trade Cutler, assuming they get a QB they like in return. With the words of their owner today, I think it will happen. The owner will drive the thing, if he wasn't on board they wouldn't deal him. Cutler kind of insulted him by not returning his calls, so I think he is ready to dump him.

I'd do it. With TO now, the Bills need more than a game manager. Cutler can light it up.
However, be warned that he'll make us tear our hair out at times. He comes from the Favre school of gunslinging.
It would be a trade off, but with Cutler's tools -- and he's so way better than the last big-armed guy we had -- the upside is huge.

X-Era
03-16-2009, 07:48 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/16/bus-cooks-buffalo-trip-raises-eyebrows/

Im wondering when I should remove the term "rumor"

McD
03-16-2009, 07:55 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/16/bus-cooks-buffalo-trip-raises-eyebrows/

Still doesn't mean "anything" just yet. Agents are all over the place these days, but to come to B-Lo is saying something. It is fun to speculate though.

Here's a question...does Cutler have a no-trade clause? If he does, I can see him saying hell no to Detroit (unless HUGE $$ is involved), and then B-Lo and Clev become possible players.

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 07:57 PM

ya but the article says that riter thinks scheffler is the guy they are in talks about.

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 07:59 PM
look between the lines. cook could have a phone conversation if it was no big deal. common sense says if cook flew all the way to buffalo from mississippi than you should know that something is getting done with one of his clients. my guess is they are putting the final touches on a deal between cook at scheffler, but hey dreaming of cutler isnt a bad thing :)

McD
03-16-2009, 08:01 PM
look between the lines. cook could have a phone conversation if it was no big deal. common sense says if cook flew all the way to buffalo from mississippi than you should know that something is getting done with one of his clients. my guess is they are putting the final touches on a deal between cook at scheffler, but hey dreaming of cutler isnt a bad thing :)

True...we do need an established TE that can work the field and this fits the bill.

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 08:05 PM
you have to figure as well if scheffler is coming, he will be "the guy" at that position and no doubt is getting a new contract with the trade so cook could be here sense scheffler would be getting a sizable raise. i am sure he would get a 3-4 million a year salary. he is top 10 in the league as a TE so he will be an instant upgrade for us.

THATHURMANATOR
03-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Please no. Just no.
Yeah hell no. Why would we want a pro bowl qb?

SeatownBillsFan21
03-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Hit the Fast Forward button

WeAreArthurMoates
03-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Ya Scheffler would be a fantastic pick-up. I can dream of Cutler but I def think it's for Tony. Talk about upgrading your weapons, watch out.

McD
03-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Ya Scheffler would be a fantastic pick-up. I can dream of Cutler but I def think it's for Tony. Talk about upgrading your weapons, watch out.

You have to wonder if Trent would know what to do with the ball?

Oaf
03-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Cutler and TO? Are you fully serious?

THATHURMANATOR
03-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Cutler and TO? Are you fully serious?
Yes if the team is fully serious about winning

trapezeus
03-16-2009, 08:57 PM
i'm buying $1000 worth of bills merchandise if they get scheffler and cutler for edwards and roscoe parrish straight up.

Oaf
03-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Yes if the team is fully serious about winning
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're on the fence about it right now after the TO signing. :rolleyes:

Not to mention the Evans extension, Hartgartner signing, the NON signing of Preston and Fowler, and reportedly offering Peters a contract higher than Gross already.

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 09:07 PM
i think we will have scheffler within a the next 2 days, but as for cutler i just dont really see us doing it. i think scheffler is a big missing piece of our offense and a big upgrade.

trapezeus
03-16-2009, 09:09 PM
if scheffler is dealt in two days, i wonder if that pisses cutler off even more. One of his targets is traded away. one of his WR is in legal trouble, and he's not wanted on the team. Poor denver fans. They thought firing shannahan was going to show a commitment to winning and now it looks like they really just want 1 year to work out the kinks.

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 09:13 PM
if scheffler is dealt in two days, i wonder if that pisses cutler off even more. One of his targets is traded away. one of his WR is in legal trouble, and he's not wanted on the team. Poor denver fans. They thought firing shannahan was going to show a commitment to winning and now it looks like they really just want 1 year to work out the kinks.

thats all they want at most, because next year his salary jumps up like 5 million more a year, i believe it goes from like 3,???,??? to like 8,???,???

acehole
03-16-2009, 09:15 PM

4th rounder ....that is about it.

acehole
03-16-2009, 09:16 PM
i'm buying $1000 worth of bills merchandise if they get scheffler and cutler for edwards and roscoe parrish straight up.

No need to trade two months of your salary yet...keep your panties on...

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 09:18 PM
scheffler for a 4th, and we give him a new contract. that is what i think is happening. cook wouldnt have flown to buffalo unless something is getting done. he could have talked over the phone for just talks. by wednsday i think scheffler is a buffalo bill.

raphael120
03-16-2009, 10:11 PM
find it odd that all this stuff with cutler would go down and then cook is in town right after that...but maybe the timing of the Broncos resigning their TE is it too. Who knows. Very interesting though.

THATHURMANATOR
03-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're on the fence about it right now after the TO signing. :rolleyes:

Not to mention the Evans extension, Hartgartner signing, the NON signing of Preston and Fowler, and reportedly offering Peters a contract higher than Gross already.
I don't get what you are trying to say. Are you saying you would rather have Edwards who hasn't thrown for more than 12 td is in a year nor gone injury free over a QB that just broke all of Elways records in Denver?

deathadder
03-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Guys I created a new thread because this is very interesting. Check out this post on the Broncos message boards:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=137873

Soprano3695 posted multiple messages in this thread that shows news before it hits the media. His first post came on 3-14-09, 2 days before all this Buffalo stuff saying that trade to Bills is going to happen. Then latrer in thread he said Bus cook is in town hours before it came to the media.. Check out all his posts:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=362318

Seems very credible to have this information hours and days before this stuff is happening.

Also, here is the audio clip of Ruben Brown saying Buffalo rumor of trading for cutler...

http://www.weck1230.com/brad/031609ruben02.mp3

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 10:29 PM
find it odd that all this stuff with cutler would go down and then cook is in town right after that...but maybe the timing of the Broncos resigning their TE is it too. Who knows. Very interesting though.

i think the fact that putzier re signed and cook is in buffalo on the same day says it all. i have spent the past 30 minutes hitting up some broncos forums and they all seam to think that scheffler is going to buffalo for our 3rd round pick. that is a fair trade to me. we get a legit starting TE that meshes well with D. Fine. and they get the pick we probably would have used on a TE that would not have been of schefflers caliber. so apparantly (and i am using common sense here) cook was discussing the contract since scheffler is in his last year of his rookie deal. cook came here because he knows scheffler is going to get a nice little signing bonus i am sure and wants to make sure everything is in order because remember he gets his cut of ALL of it. i wouldnt be surprised if we have a new TE within the next day or 2. and honestly i would be very happy with this, he is no owen daniels but he is better than the prospects available and it allows us to keep our top 2 picks in the draft. and he might cost a little bit as he is a top 10 TE in the league but he wont cost what owen daniels would have.

dasaybz
03-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Isn't that guy a stadiumwall troll?

The Spaz
03-16-2009, 10:30 PM
That dude has a total of 4 posts!

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 10:30 PM
and if it wasnt close to a done deal cook would not have flown to buffalo. he damn sure would not have flown all the way from mississippi if something wasnt close to being finalized. you can do the B.S. of it over the phone, he was handling the end of the deal i bet.

THATHURMANATOR
03-16-2009, 10:31 PM
My God I would love this sooooo Freaking much.

No offense to Trent either I would wish him the best of luck.

OpIv37
03-16-2009, 10:32 PM
sorry but this looks like a guy starting ****. It doesn't seem like he has any proof or evidence whatsoever. He just wants to piss off the Broncos fans.

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 10:33 PM
that isnt that credible bro. cutlers agent hasnt even been given permission by the broncos to seek a trade.

OpIv37
03-16-2009, 10:34 PM
who the **** is gonna block for him?

tat2dmike77
03-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Me and you

The Spaz
03-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Take that to another o-line thread. I'm sure you will find answers in there.

Dr. Lecter
What rumors?

All I have seen is message board speculation.

OpIv37
Me and you

sadly, at this point, that would be an upgrade because we don't even have a LG.

FlyingDutchman
what makes this guy anymore credible than the rumors going on around here?

OpIv37
03-16-2009, 10:36 PM
What rumors?

All I have seen is message board speculation.

to-MAY-to, to-MAH-to.

Dr. Lecter
03-16-2009, 10:37 PM

And we have a pissed off LT who is being lowballed by the Bills, while he is being equally greedy and unrealistic.

tat2dmike77
03-16-2009, 10:38 PM

Just shoot my back up with some pain killers and let's roll

Kenny
Hopefully we can still sign Peters.

A happy Peters, alongside Langston Walker make a pretty good set of bookends. Still a big question mark on LG though...

Plus if we do get Cutler it's going to cost us a day1 pick (hopefully not our 1st). Can a starting guard be found in round 3 or later?

AND, if we can make amends with Crowell, and Schobel is healthy, and then draft a DE with our first, we actually dont look too bad on paper.

Dr. Lecter
to-MAY-to, to-MAH-to.

There is a rumor that Jennifer Aniston broke up with John Mayer to be with me.

deathadder
what makes this guy anymore credible than the rumors going on around here?

Posting hours before this stuff happens... take a look when he says Bus Cook is in town in Buffalo. That was 10 am today.... thats almost 5 hours before it was leaked onto media...

However, still not credible, thats why I said RUMOR in title... Plus all this speculation is fun... I couldn't have thought of a better offseason than now!!! Makes me get my mind off the Sabres losing season .

The Spaz
03-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Posting hours before this stuff happens... take a look when he says Bus Cook is in town in Buffalo. That was 10 am today.... thats almost 5 hours before it was leaked onto media...

Howver, still not credible, thats why I said RUMOR in title...

I want to believe but being a Buffalo fan I just can't.

OpIv37
03-16-2009, 10:40 PM

The version I heard was that John Mayer broke up with Jennifer Aniston to be with Andy Dick.

tat2dmike77
03-16-2009, 10:41 PM

I also heard hell froze over.

FlyingDutchman
03-16-2009, 10:42 PM
How many threads in a week are you start about the same crap. Its amazing you can make rumors about Cutler into a ***** about the oline again.

deathadder
03-16-2009, 10:43 PM
I want to believe but being a Buffalo fan I just can't.

I know, but with TO coming here, everything has shaken up!!! It about time management knows that we need to make the playoffs... Now I don't care if we get Cutler,s but even if it is Sheffler I would still be happy... The draft would be all about drafting defense, assuming we get a Guard via trade or FA....

FlyingDutchman
plus alll this crap is, is rumors...here you want one involving the bucs and cutler?.....

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/cutlertobucs-rumors-have-new-life-213658.html

OpIv37
How many threads in a week are you start about the same crap. Its amazing you can make rumors about Cutler into a ***** about the oline again.

Look, I'm just gonna tell you this now: I'm gonna be *****ing about it until they fix it. If you don't like it, don't read my posts.

FlyingDutchman
03-16-2009, 10:44 PM
how about the jets? you want one with the jets and cutler?...

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/jets-monitoring-jay-cutler-situation-213628.html

FlyingDutchman
03-16-2009, 10:45 PM
great we got your point already. we have holes on the online. WE GET IT

OpIv37
03-16-2009, 10:45 PM
plus alll this crap is, is rumors...here you want one involving the bucs and cutler?.....

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/cutlertobucs-rumors-have-new-life-213658.html

well, I agree with you there. There's probably nothing to it.

clumping platelets
03-16-2009, 10:47 PM
that isnt that credible bro. cutlers agent hasnt even been given permission by the broncos to seek a trade.

That permission does not need to be public knowledge

clumping platelets
03-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Cutler and Scheffler for Edwards and #11

im8th2buffalo
03-16-2009, 10:54 PM
I also heard hell froze over.

That is not a rumor.
http://www.joystiq.com/media/2006/04/ELife-best-www-apr-16-to-22.jpg

ALL D
03-16-2009, 11:08 PM
their tackles are better than Peters anyway... I dont know who is in this deal here...

nateodoms'bff
03-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Cutler and Scheffler for Edwards and #11

would that get it done?

That's a lot for not a lot.

The Bronco's would be trading away a franchise QB, for a kid that hasn't really gotten it done because of injury, bad play calling, and a miserable LG/C situation.

I don't know if the Bronco's let him and Scheffler go for a guy with a ton of potential, and a draft pick.

jmb1099
03-16-2009, 11:18 PM
I just don't see it, but stranger things have happened

raphael120
03-16-2009, 11:24 PM
That permission does not need to be public knowledge

I think that meeting that Cutler and McDaniels had over the weekend was indication enough that the Broncos don't want Cutler.

Tatonka
03-16-2009, 11:25 PM
what has cutler done besides whine like a *****?

jimbohastle51
03-16-2009, 11:26 PM
i just finished listening to the whole rueben brown thing and after listening to him i can tell for sure that one of the two, if not both are probably coming to buffalo. now it very well just have been cook working out a new deal for scheffler before the trade, but honestly maybe it is cutler? it will be interesting to see where this goes. i definately think we will at least get scheffler though.

ARoid
03-16-2009, 11:27 PM
I don't believe this, anybody can post on a message board and say they have a source. This guy is full of it.

4 posts? Please.

raphael120
03-16-2009, 11:27 PM
what has cutler done besides whine like a *****?

T.O. whines like one too, it's a perfect match! Hey, I'll take whiners who get **** done over stoic people who don't do ****!

raphael120
03-16-2009, 11:33 PM
If this trade for Cutler does happen...after all these years...we're FINALLY making big moves to change the losing culture here?

It's just weird...I know that Ralph got fed up and he is damn old but still...you've had 3 7-9 seasons...it took 3 of those to finally put up your hands and say "OK, NOW let's do something"

Tatonka
03-16-2009, 11:36 PM
t.o. has at least proven over a significant amount of time that he can play.. i mean no one woudl deal with t.o. if he wasnt a hall of fame wr.

cutler has done what exactly? 86 qb rating? 25 tds vs. 20 ints/fumbles

the guy had 3 games all season when he didnt throw a pick.

i dont see the fascination. i really dont.

i would love to see scheffler here.

clumping platelets
03-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Git'r dun

deathadder
03-16-2009, 11:52 PM

Here is the clip of Ruben Brown saying Cook is in Buffalo and rumor of trading for Cutler....

PromoTheRobot
03-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Do a search posts by Soprano and you'll find not a single one came true. He's been doing this for years. The guy lives to make horsecrap rumors that gullible rookies swallow whole.

PTR

DMBcrew36
03-17-2009, 12:03 AM
like, OMG...rEaLLy?!?!

it aint happenin people..... and you should all be more worried about our 3 overpaid, backup caliber, whiteboy DE's than our QB.

venis2k1
03-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Cutler had 8 300 yard passing games last year. Edwards has never passed for 300 in a NFL game. I think, for me, thats where alot of the fascination comes from.

Lexwhat
03-17-2009, 12:10 AM
NEW RUMOR:

Tim Anderson & CJ Ah You for Champ Bailey.

Can anyone confirm????

plundar
03-17-2009, 12:13 AM
My God I would love this sooooo Freaking much.

No offense to Trent either I would wish him the best of luck.

I agree. I would love to see Culter in a Bills uniform. I thought the Bills should of drafted him. The guy would be great in Buffalo.

Tatonka
03-17-2009, 12:13 AM
Cutler had 8 300 yard passing games last year. Edwards has never passed for 300 in a NFL game. I think, for me, thats where alot of the fascination comes from.

drew bledsoe had a ton of passing yards too. i want tds.. i dont want turn overs.. qb rating basically says these two guys, edwards and cutler, are not much different.

jimbohastle51
03-17-2009, 12:22 AM
the only difference i see, is that with T.O. in buffalo and lee evans being a better deep ball receiver, cutlers big arm would be nice and his gunslinger mentality fits buffalo. jim kelly was a gunslinger not a manage the game type QB. he could spin it for the whole game, trent on the other hand doesnt have the arm for that.

Lexwhat
03-17-2009, 12:23 AM
drew bledsoe had a ton of passing yards too. i want tds.. i dont want turn overs.. qb rating basically says these two guys, edwards and cutler, are not much different.

Cutler is very good at making plays with his feet -- unlike Bledsoe. He was only sacked 11 times last year!

I don't think Cutler is a superstar, but he does possess a very strong arm and IMO, could continue to progress with the right coaching.

Michael82
03-17-2009, 02:10 AM
This just makes way too much sense for both of us. That's why I don't see us trading for Cutler. But I do agree with others who say that the Bills are working on a trade for Scheffler. That would be a good fit and give us the #1 TE that we have been lacking for years....

Luisito23
03-17-2009, 02:59 AM
Scheffler would be a good pickup, but I really wouldn't be surprised if it was Cutler.

jcdavey
03-17-2009, 03:27 AM
changing the losing culture by bringing in a guy who hasn't finished above .500 since high school? that's some kinda logic ya got there

TO + Cutler = one of them killing the other

shelby
03-17-2009, 04:51 AM
i'll believe it when Coach Sal posts it.
:D

clumping platelets
03-17-2009, 04:57 AM
:kissa:

buffgu668
03-17-2009, 05:00 AM
ITS GONNA HAPPEN COUNT ON IT CUTLER TO BUFFALOZ

X-Era
03-17-2009, 06:05 AM

Heres Rubens rumor that hes hearing were trading for Cutler

don137
03-17-2009, 06:15 AM
I get nervous about Cutler's ego. He seems to sensitive. I am not a Mel Kiper fan at all but he compared Cutler to a modern day Jeff George in terms of attitude. While I do not think Cutler is a jerk the way George was but I think both are very sensitive.
Throw TO into the mix, the backlash fro the players from trading Edwards and you could have a very disgruntled locker room.

yordad
03-17-2009, 06:40 AM
drew bledsoe had a ton of passing yards too. i want tds.. i dont want turn overs.. qb rating basically says these two guys, edwards and cutler, are not much different.Now you want to only look at the QB rating?

dasaybz
03-17-2009, 07:36 AM
I get nervous about Cutler's ego. He seems to sensitive. I am not a Mel Kiper fan at all but he compared Cutler to a modern day Jeff George in terms of attitude. While I do not think Cutler is a jerk the way George was but I think both are very sensitive.
Throw TO into the mix, the backlash fro the players from trading Edwards and you could have a very disgruntled locker room.

Cutler's ego?

Please, provide me a link where it says Cutler has a big ego, or explain to me where all this ego crap got started.

His coach threw him under the bus, and now he's pissed off. I can't blame him one bit for that.

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2009, 07:37 AM
How did his coach throw him under the bus?

Mahdi
03-17-2009, 07:41 AM
IMO there wouldnt be any player backlash over trading Edwards for Cutler. The first thing the players will think about is that Cutler is a ProBowl QB and Edwards looked like a backup in the second half of the season and never really wowed anyone with his abilities. Im sure most of the Bills players would actually be excited.

Philagape
03-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Cutler's ego?

Please, provide me a link where it says Cutler has a big ego, or explain to me where all this ego crap got started.

Comparing himself to Elway?

Mahdi
03-17-2009, 07:43 AM
Comparing himself to Elway?
Pretty sure Jim Kelly flat out refused to play for the Bills because he thought he was too good for them. Talk about ego.

don137
03-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Cutler's ego?

His coach threw him under the bus, and now he's pissed off. I can't blame him one bit for that.

I meant by his ego is I worry that he is not thick skinned enough and his ego was hurt from the initial trade rumors.

I think a lot of the problems stemmed from McDaniels but I think Cutler thin skin hurt the situation as well.

Philagape
03-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Pretty sure Jim Kelly flat out refused to play for the Bills because he thought he was too good for them. Talk about ego.

Agreed. Just sayin, Cutler does have one. Not necessarily a bad thing

HHURRICANE
03-17-2009, 08:12 AM
I hope it's a trade for their TE and not Cutler.

Philagape
03-17-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks for breaking that, HH! Surely worthy of its own thread!

I don't read any threads but yours!! It's not news until you talk about it!

ddaryl
03-17-2009, 08:13 AM
spam

HHURRICANE
03-17-2009, 08:14 AM
I'm sorry if it was already in a thread here.

shelby
03-17-2009, 08:14 AM
There is a huge merged Cutler thread.
:miyagi:

Philagape
03-17-2009, 08:16 AM
I'm sorry if it was already in a thread here.

That's ok, as long as you don't start calling yourself "Double H" :ill:

mayotm
03-17-2009, 08:16 AM
There is a huge merged Cutler thread.
:miyagi:Including the merged thread, I count 9 total Cutler threads on page 1.

Saratoga Slim
03-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Let's hope that Edwards' ego is not so fragile, or with rumors like this there could soon be TWO quarterbacks demanding trades.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Please merge or delete. My apologies. I was traveling yesterday.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Denver would love to have Edwards. Their coach was creditied with developing Cassel and he likes working with smart guys.

The Bills should pass.

trapezeus
03-17-2009, 08:30 AM
i'm a trent fan, i am hoping that he can stay healthy for a full season and grow in year 3. But here we have a ridiculous talent in cutler. if there is a trade that can be done for the upgrade at QB, you have to do it.

The players, our current roster minus the newly acquired talent, needs to start realizing that they weren't a very good team last year. And if they were and won more than 2 games last year, then disrupting lockerroom chemistry would take a higher precedent. However, we sucked against an easy schedule, so now some shake ups occur. It was in their hands during the season they blew it. Now it's in the front office's hands and they have to make sure at the beginning of 2009 fans don't think they blew it. So i really don't care much about what they think hurts or helps the lockerroom.

shelby
03-17-2009, 08:32 AM
:up:

Michael82
03-17-2009, 08:51 AM
I'm thinking that it's Tony Scheffler. The coaching staff loves Edwards or at least acts like they do. I can't see them wanting to trade him away. Apparently even Brandon loves him, as they text message each other once in a while. :rofl:

It makes a ton of sense for it to be Scheffler and it would be a excellent pickup, especially if it costs us a 3rd rounder or something. Consider the fact that if we didn't trade for him, we would probably draft a TE in the 3rd round anyways and they wouldn't be anywhere near Scheffler's level.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm thinking that it's Tony Scheffler. The coaching staff loves Edwards or at least acts like they do. I can't see them wanting to trade him away. Apparently even Brandon loves him, as they text message each other once in a while. :rofl:

It makes a ton of sense for it to be Scheffler and it would be a excellent pickup, especially if it costs us a 3rd rounder or something. Consider the fact that if we didn't trade for him, we would probably draft a TE in the 3rd round anyways and they wouldn't be anywhere near Scheffler's level.

I hope you are right!!!

I'm not sure Cutler is anymore of a slam dunk than Edwards is at this point.

When Edwards and Cutler played head to head I walked away thinking we had the better QB.

If our OC was Mike Shannahan I think Edwards would look way better than Cutler.

M
03-17-2009, 08:56 AM
Taken from the BBMB ...

As much speculation as there is in New York right now about the Jets possibly making a play for Jay Cutler I don’t see it happening. First, they don’t have many attractive chips they can offer Denver outside of the 17th pick.The Broncos want a starting QB in return, which ironically is what Denver was [...]http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=blogs.buffalobills.com&blog=5091146&post=2580&subd=nflbills&ref=&feed=1

Click here to read the latest blog entry... (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/17/jets-dont-have-qb-to-swap-for-cutler/)

Is Chris Brown dropping hints??? We have a starting QB and draft picks....

Michael82
03-17-2009, 09:10 AM
I hope you are right!!!

I'm not sure Cutler is anymore of a slam dunk than Edwards is at this point.

When Edwards and Cutler played head to head I walked away thinking we had the better QB.

If our OC was Mike Shannahan I think Edwards would look way better than Cutler.
Don't get me wrong. I would like Scheffler to be our new TE, but I would prefer Cutler even more. I'm nowhere near sold on Edwards for quite a few reasons....

1. He's injury prone and the time that he will miss will cost us a couple games.

2. He's very inconsistent, especially from the start of the year until the end of the season.

3. He doesn't have much of an arm and likes to dump it off way too much. That would really piss off Evans and Owens. Cutler has the arm to get the ball to all our receivers and would give us a star QB that we haven't had since Kelly.