PDA

View Full Version : You know when I think I want Cutler?

The Juice Is Loose
03-17-2009, 07:49 AM
Every time I think of the Cleveland game.

Mahdi
03-17-2009, 08:05 AM
I think about it everytime we throw to Lynch for a 2 yrd gain.

Philagape
03-17-2009, 08:08 AM

Yeah, because Cutler is much safer and never has bad games.

DISCLAIMER: Now some simpler-minded people will take that as an endorsement of Trent over Cutler, which is not the case. But to base it off one game is pretty stupid. Someone on the other side could have answered this with .... the Denver game.

The Juice Is Loose
03-17-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm just expressing, I'm a little torn.

I have a Trent jersey. I am a fan. I just wonder if the concussion etc. is going to stick with him.

I personally watched every Cutler game last year due to the fact he was my fantasy qb and I had sunday ticket. I don't understand how people have so many criticism's of the guy. Between Brandon Marshall dropping a LOT of passes, and having ZERO running game and ZERO defense they were alive til week 17, which is more than the Bills have been able to say since 04 (Drew Bledsoe)

I just feel like if this was vegas Trents odds at success are like 6:1 whereas cutler is more like 3:1. He has a pro bowl. Several 300 yard games. pocket precense. doesn't take big hits.

they benched jake plummer and cutler immediately did better.

the guy can throw the ball 80 yards.

I'm just saying I'm torn.

TacklingDummy
03-17-2009, 10:18 AM

Or the Dallas game.

It's been so long since the Bills have had a good Quarterback that the fans have forgot what a good QB actually is.

Mahdi
03-17-2009, 10:31 AM

I have a Trent jersey. I am a fan. I just wonder if the concussion etc. is going to stick with him.

I personally watched every Cutler game last year due to the fact he was my fantasy qb and I had sunday ticket. I don't understand how people have so many criticism's of the guy. Between Brandon Marshall dropping a LOT of passes, and having ZERO running game and ZERO defense they were alive til week 17, which is more than the Bills have been able to say since 04 (Drew Bledsoe)

I just feel like if this was vegas Trents odds at success are like 6:1 whereas cutler is more like 3:1. He has a pro bowl. Several 300 yard games. pocket precense. doesn't take big hits.

I'm just saying I'm torn.
Im not torn:

Cutler 2008 ---- Edwards 2008

300 yd gms: 7 ----- 300 yd gms: 0

TDs: 25 ----- TDs: 11

Cmp. % 62 ----- Cmp. % 65 (Considering how often Edwards checks down and how often Cutler throws intermediate and deep, this is more in favor of Cutler despite the actual stat line.)

INT: 18 ----- INT: 10

Off Rnk: 2nd -- - - - Off. Rnk. 25

TacklingDummy
03-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Im not torn:

Cutler 2008 ---- Edwards 2008

300 yd gms: 7 ----- 300 yd gms: 0

TDs: 25 ----- TDs: 11

Cmp. % 62 ----- Cmp. % 65 (Considering how often Edwards checks down and how often Cutler throws intermediate and deep, this is more in favor of Cutler despite the actual stat line.)

INT: 18 ----- INT: 10

Off Rnk: 2nd -- - - - Off. Rnk. 25

Cutler would be the perfect fit to go along with TO, Evans, Jackson, and whoever at TE.

venis2k1
03-17-2009, 10:40 AM
actully, cutler had 8 300 yard games last year.

PH83
03-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Honestly, Cutler may be the better over-all QB, but I really don't think that the difference between he and Edwards is as far apart as some may think. Especially if you take into consideration what you will need to give up to acquire his services.

Not only are you going to have to give up at least a first and a third (probably more) but you'll also have to give him a new contract. If the Bills were a team that was ready to win it all this year then this would be a no-brainer. But with the vast number of voids that need to be filled on the roster I don't think there's any way you can justify giving up multiple picks that early in the draft.

Stick with Edwards another year, give the guy his three years, if he doesn't work out then go from there. But in my opinion Cutler is out of the question for the Bills, at least this year.

DBrown77
03-17-2009, 10:48 AM
why start another Cutler thread when there were 50 others just merged?

Bert102176
03-17-2009, 10:49 AM
look Trent is who we should go with not Cutler give him a freakin chance damn you people turn your backs so quick hell I was a big Losman fan but I'm willing to give TE a chance he has the smarts and technique and he is a big reason why TO is here cause he asked the GM to talk and sign him give the guy a damn chance instead of running and saying oh we need Cutler lets get Cutler who knows if Cutler would be any good here especially with TO IMO Cutler is not grown up enough to deal with someone like a TO we have other pressing needs like TE, OL, OLB, DL lets deal with that before we get another QB and give Edwards a damn chance, some of you make me sick sometimes.

Dong Work 4 Yuda
03-17-2009, 10:50 AM
TE barely has a year full of starts, but most here expect him to play like Manning or Brady out of the gate...

I serioulsy doubt the Bills have any intention of trading for Cutler...

yordad
03-17-2009, 10:52 AM

I'm just saying I'm torn.The only reason you are torn is because you don't think it will happen. It is a clear choice, if the choice was yours.

OpIv37
03-17-2009, 10:53 AM
TE barely has a year full of starts, but most here expect him to play like Manning or Brady out of the gate...

I serioulsy doubt the Bills have any intention of trading for Cutler...

yeah, if we wait around on him he'll eventually get better. Just like Todd Collins. And Rob Johnson. And JP Losman.

No one expects him to play like Manning or Brady, but it's reasonable to expect him to improve over almost two seasons. Instead, he regressed.

Philagape
03-17-2009, 10:55 AM
actully, cutler had 8 300 yard games last year.

Including against us. His one big mistake undid all of it.
And he wouldn't have put up those numbers with our receivers.

Yardage means nothing. Their offense was second in yards but 16th in points. Two points a game more than Buffalo.

Cutler and Trent are hard to compare because they're such drastically different styles. Each has pros and cons.
Trent will never put up numbers like Cutler, nor should we care. Last year he helped his team win at a higher rate than Cutler did his, and one reason for that is Cutler is far more reckless. Cutler has the quantity, but the quality still has a ways to go.
I think both will be pretty good, and I'm happy with either of them. Trent's season was skewed by a horrendous three-game stretch. He's no gunslinger, but he'll open up more with better receivers and experience.
Right now I'd give Cutler the edge, but it's a close choice.

Mahdi
03-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Honestly, Cutler may be the better over-all QB, but I really don't think that the difference between he and Edwards is as far apart as some may think. Especially if you take into consideration what you will need to give up to acquire his services.

Not only are you going to have to give up at least a first and a third (probably more) but you'll also have to give him a new contract. If the Bills were a team that was ready to win it all this year then this would be a no-brainer. But with the vast number of voids that need to be filled on the roster I don't think there's any way you can justify giving up multiple picks that early in the draft.

Stick with Edwards another year, give the guy his three years, if he doesn't work out then go from there. But in my opinion Cutler is out of the question for the Bills, at least this year.
Question is... what if we give him his 3 years and only see more of the same?... now were back on the market for a franchise QB YET AGAIN.

The opportunity to trade for a QB that has already established himself as a franchise QB is rare. Especially a young one. I say if the price isn't too steep. Jump on it.

How bout Edwards, a 2nd and a 4th for Cutler and Scheffler.

PH83
03-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Question is... what if we give him his 3 years and only see more of the same?... now were back on the market for a franchise QB YET AGAIN.

The opportunity to trade for a QB that has already established himself as a franchise QB is rare. Especially a young one. I say if the price isn't too steep. Jump on it.

How bout Edwards, a 2nd and a 4th for Cutler and Scheffler. Cutler has not established himself as anything more than a QB who makes poor decisions when it counts but puts up yards in chunks. He's also proven that he's a border-line headcase.

If the Bills were the Jets and were set in practically every department minus QB (yes I know their WR corps blow but you get my point) then you could justify making this trade. But what good is Cutler if you don't have a legitimate LG to protect him? Legitimate C? Legitimate RG? Legitimate defense to get him back on the field?

On top of all of that you still have to pay the guy, and judging by what he and his agent appear to think he's worth you're looking at anywhere from Tony Romo to Peyton Manning type money. Just not worth it right now; and you STILL have yet to pay Peters.

FlyingDutchman
03-17-2009, 12:33 PM
HES NOT COMING TO BUFFALO, NEVER WAS