PDA

View Full Version : My Tuesday Update

patmoran2006
03-17-2009, 08:57 AM
I see a few people have been asking about me and If I have any actual news to report. The short answer is “not much.”<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I’ve been busy over the past 4 days working on a few interviews; including UB Quarterback Drew Willy (that should be up on scout.com by tomorrow or Thursday) and starting a variety of “Where are they now” features as well that will be running periodically. SO that’s occupied most of my time.. As much as I’d love to be a full-time NFL Insider, I’m not. From time to time I get some good info, but not on a daily basis.<o:p></o:p>
In regards to Crowell, the two sides did meet yesterday, and I don’t have anything report because frankly I’m shocked it even happened. I know of several media people that feel the same way. People who are close to Crowell spoke to him not long ago and said he had zero interest in returning to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City>. I also know for a fact that until the later part of last week, the Bills hadn’t spoken to Crowell in any fashion at all either. So this has really thrown me for a loop. I still would be extremely surprised if he signed here. I see it as more as a common ploy to get the competition (June, Kreiaho) to lower their asking price.<o:p></o:p>
Having said that, I would be overjoyed to be 100% wrong, and have Crowell be back with <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City>. I think he is by FAR the superior LB of the three, and he also has more size. Before the injury last year, with better talent around him than in 2007 (Mitchell, A healthy Poz, Stroud) I sincerely felt like Crowell was a borderline Pro Bowl LB; and I still feel that way. <st1:City w:st="on">Tampa</st1:City> and to a lesser degree <st1:City w:st="on">Detroit</st1:City> has shown interest (Philly was rumored as well)—but the fact he hasn’t signed with <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Tampa</st1:place></st1:City> means one of those two sides is overvaluing themselves.<o:p></o:p>
Now—regarding Bus Cook and more specifically Jay Cutler, until I can get some info from someone other than Ruben Brown (via Eric Moulds) I am treating this as complete garbage. This would be the biggest shock to me in my sports writing/fan life, because I know for a fact this organization is one trillion percent behind Trent Edwards, they think he’s going to be a star. <o:p></o:p>
I can tell you that IF there is anything to this at all, it’s being held tighter than you can possibly imagine, and I”d be surprised if anyone gets any great inside info at all. Put it this way, even a leaked RUMOR of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Trent</st1:place></st1:City> being traded could be disastrous to him (especially if it doesn’t happen).. it’s exactly what happened with Cutler in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City> last week, and now look at what you have there.<o:p></o:p>
For those who do just love juicy speculation, I will say that if <st1:City w:st="on">Denver</st1:City> does end up dealing Cutler and they’re looking for value in a team and insist on getting a QB in return; then <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> is your team. The Jets, <st1:City w:st="on">Tampa</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> would all be teams obviously interested, but none of them have even decent value return at the QB position, unlike the Bills. And <st1:City w:st="on">Trent</st1:City> was very impressive at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City> last year and maybe that would stick in their minds.<o:p></o:p>
But a trade like that… man. You’re looking at Edwards and at least two decent draft picks. Even if the deal was offered; I don’t know if I’d take it. Cutler seems to have more bark than bite, for all his great physical tools.<o:p></o:p>
What’s far more realistic to me is Cook being here on behalf of a Tony Scheffler trade, who I did say a few weeks ago I KNOW the Bills were interested in. This is also important and has NOT been discussed; If the Bills were to trade for him, they would DEFINITELY want to give him a new contract and not worry about free agency next year. Scheffler is in the final year of a four year contract (at $2.7 million total) so that is what makes me think Cook would be here. Otherwise, this is a trade that could be done over the phone in 2 minutes (<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Denver</st1:City></st1:place> is set at TE and Scheffler is on the trading block for sure)<o:p></o:p>
So that’s where I’m at right now. If Cook is meeting with <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Brandon</st1:place></st1:City>, its very likely about Scheffler. .The Bills and Scheffler would both want a contract extension before they traded him. And going by value, my educated guess is a deal would be for a fourth rounder.<o:p></o:p>
I’ll work on seeing what else I can find out. I love me some Ruben Brown, but I think he was way off on this, and definitely wrong to speculate like that.. We’ll see.<o:p></o:p>

realdealryan
03-17-2009, 09:02 AM
If you keep feeding the stray cats, they'll keep showing up...

homeslice5484
03-17-2009, 09:04 AM
I will take both!

Tatonka
03-17-2009, 09:06 AM
scheffler would be a great addition. and the broncos just resigned Jeb Putzier too. nice timing.

it is definately not about cutler. there is just no way. it would be stupid of us to be honest.

sign crow and grab scheffler, and we put ourselves in a much better spot going into the draft.

i still dont understand why we cut dockery though without any type of plan in place to replace him. little scary to think of having a rookie start there but it is starting to look more and more lke that is going to be the case.

clumping platelets
03-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Stray cat strut......... :dance:

PH83
03-17-2009, 09:07 AM
Cutler will also likely demand a new contract if traded making him even less likely to be in a Bills uniform next year.

homeslice5484
03-17-2009, 09:10 AM
i think id rather have cutler throwing to TO than Edwards...remember the Cleveland game? I dont think Edwards knows how to throw more than 20 yards.

shelby
03-17-2009, 09:11 AM
Re: Crowell, from the Buffalo News:

Crowell, who spent the last six seasons in the Bills’ organization, was considered an unlikely candidate to return to Buffalo after sitting out all of last season with a knee injury.
However, 19 days into the free agency season, Crowell still is looking for a job and the Bills still are looking for a starting outside linebacker.
Crowell, 27, might be the best unrestricted free agent linebacker available. He visited the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/610179.html

acehole
03-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Stray cat strut......... :dance:

The 80's were great! Who is QT?

bigbub2352
03-17-2009, 09:18 AM
If the offseason ended with us throwing a 4th round pick for Scheffler signing Crowell and signing Peters, i would feel this would be one of our most complete offseasons in the last decade

I have to say i am in favor of all 3 moves so RUss get it done and u will have your fan base back

patmoran2006
03-17-2009, 09:19 AM
scheffler would be a great addition. and the broncos just resigned Jeb Putzier too. nice timing.

it is definately not about cutler. there is just no way. it would be stupid of us to be honest.

sign crow and grab scheffler, and we put ourselves in a much better spot going into the draft.

i still dont understand why we cut dockery though without any type of plan in place to replace him. little scary to think of having a rookie start there but it is starting to look more and more lke that is going to be the case.
I think Scheffler would be a tremendous addition, and aside from Owen Daniels would probably be the best TE for us available.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Part of the reason Scheffler saw his numbers drop in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City> is because of their quarterback.. Cutler is more of a deep pass guy, and likes to hold the ball longer and make plays with his feet. It’s pretty much the polar opposite of Trent Edwards, who’s about game managing, making quick reads and getting rid of the ball quick. In my view, that would give Scheffler an opportunity to put up far better numbers here than he did in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City>.<o:p></o:p>
It’s of my extremely strong opinion that if there is any dialogue going on between Cook and the Bills, its regarding Scheffler. Again, he’s in the final year of a very cheap contract and I’m sure both sides, especially the Bills would want longer terms before giving up a draft pick to make a trade.<o:p></o:p>

yordad
03-17-2009, 09:20 AM
If the offseason ended with us throwing a 4th round pick for Scheffler signing Crowell and signing Peters, i would feel this would be one of our most complete offseasons in the last decade

I have to say i am in favor of all 3 moves so RUss get it done and u will have your fan base backHow about signing Fred Jackson long term, and throwing in a KC pro bowl gaurd for good measure.

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Honestly, re-sigining Crowell, trading for Scheffler, extending the dumbass LT, signing Freddy longterm and a stopgap guard like Goff or Simmons is fine with me.

bigbub2352
03-17-2009, 09:23 AM
How about signing Fred Jackson long term, and throwing in a KC pro bowl gaurd for good measure.

Agreed, Goff and Simmons are still out there as well, but if we signed Peters and Crowell, and traded for Scheffler we could easily get one of the best Guards in the country in the 2nd round, maybe even Duke RObinson

but either way i would be happy i think when all is said and done with Freddie it will be a 3yr deal cause of his age

then we can concentrate on DLine with the pick at 11 and maybe a SS in RD3

bigbub2352
03-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Honestly, re-sigining Crowell, trading for Scheffler, extending the dumbass LT, signing Freddy longterm and a stopgap guard like Goff or Simmons is fine with me.

Maybe it is just Sabres stuff we dont agree on LOL

topher180
03-17-2009, 09:37 AM

Absolutely. If that happened I would be much more comfortable filling the LG hole in the draft...and hopefully they draft 2 linemen.

Pat, thanks as always for your work.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2009, 09:40 AM

I would be very happy with this and would consider the FA period successful.

clumping platelets
03-17-2009, 09:40 AM
The 80's were great! Who is QT?

My cat :teary:

X-Era
03-17-2009, 09:46 AM
I see a few people have been asking about me and If I have any actual news to report. The short answer is “not much.”<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I’ve been busy over the past 4 days working on a few interviews; including UB Quarterback Drew Willy (that should be up on scout.com by tomorrow or Thursday) and starting a variety of “Where are they now” features as well that will be running periodically. SO that’s occupied most of my time.. As much as I’d love to be a full-time NFL Insider, I’m not. From time to time I get some good info, but not on a daily basis.<o:p></o:p>
In regards to Crowell, the two sides did meet yesterday, and I don’t have anything report because frankly I’m shocked it even happened. I know of several media people that feel the same way. People who are close to Crowell spoke to him not long ago and said he had zero interest in returning to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City>. I also know for a fact that until the later part of last week, the Bills hadn’t spoken to Crowell in any fashion at all either. So this has really thrown me for a loop. I still would be extremely surprised if he signed here. I see it as more as a common ploy to get the competition (June, Kreiaho) to lower their asking price.<o:p></o:p>
Having said that, I would be overjoyed to be 100% wrong, and have Crowell be back with <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City>. I think he is by FAR the superior LB of the three, and he also has more size. Before the injury last year, with better talent around him than in 2007 (Mitchell, A healthy Poz, Stroud) I sincerely felt like Crowell was a borderline Pro Bowl LB; and I still feel that way. <st1:City w:st="on">Tampa</st1:City> and to a lesser degree <st1:City w:st="on">Detroit</st1:City> has shown interest (Philly was rumored as well)—but the fact he hasn’t signed with <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Tampa</st1:place></st1:City> means one of those two sides is overvaluing themselves.<o:p></o:p>
Now—regarding Bus Cook and more specifically Jay Cutler, until I can get some info from someone other than Ruben Brown (via Eric Moulds) I am treating this as complete garbage. This would be the biggest shock to me in my sports writing/fan life, because I know for a fact this organization is one trillion percent behind Trent Edwards, they think he’s going to be a star. <o:p></o:p>
I can tell you that IF there is anything to this at all, it’s being held tighter than you can possibly imagine, and I”d be surprised if anyone gets any great inside info at all. Put it this way, even a leaked RUMOR of <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Trent</st1:place></st1:City> being traded could be disastrous to him (especially if it doesn’t happen).. it’s exactly what happened with Cutler in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City> last week, and now look at what you have there.<o:p></o:p>
For those who do just love juicy speculation, I will say that if <st1:City w:st="on">Denver</st1:City> does end up dealing Cutler and they’re looking for value in a team and insist on getting a QB in return; then <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> is your team. The Jets, <st1:City w:st="on">Tampa</st1:City> and <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Detroit</st1:place></st1:City> would all be teams obviously interested, but none of them have even decent value return at the QB position, unlike the Bills. And <st1:City w:st="on">Trent</st1:City> was very impressive at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City> last year and maybe that would stick in their minds.<o:p></o:p>
But a trade like that… man. You’re looking at Edwards and at least two decent draft picks. Even if the deal was offered; I don’t know if I’d take it. Cutler seems to have more bark than bite, for all his great physical tools.<o:p></o:p>
What’s far more realistic to me is Cook being here on behalf of a Tony Scheffler trade, who I did say a few weeks ago I KNOW the Bills were interested in. This is also important and has NOT been discussed; If the Bills were to trade for him, they would DEFINITELY want to give him a new contract and not worry about free agency next year. Scheffler is in the final year of a four year contract (at $2.7 million total) so that is what makes me think Cook would be here. Otherwise, this is a trade that could be done over the phone in 2 minutes (<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Denver</st1:City></st1:place> is set at TE and Scheffler is on the trading block for sure)<o:p></o:p>
So that’s where I’m at right now. If Cook is meeting with <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Brandon</st1:place></st1:City>, its very likely about Scheffler. .The Bills and Scheffler would both want a contract extension before they traded him. And going by value, my educated guess is a deal would be for a fourth rounder.<o:p></o:p>
I’ll work on seeing what else I can find out. I love me some Ruben Brown, but I think he was way off on this, and definitely wrong to speculate like that.. We’ll see.<o:p></o:p>

I agree that its likely a discussion about Sheffler.

But there is enough to line up to make a case that its about Cutler.

1) We really liked him on draft day
2) We were recently rumored to be in the mix prior to this latest Cutler trade rumor
3) We have the most to offer in return at QB
4) We may want to upgrade at QB now considering we only have TO for one year (at this point)

Its most likely for Sheffler, it makes a ton of sense... but theres enough meat on the Cutler bone to make it at least plausible.

The Juice Is Loose
03-17-2009, 09:49 AM
I think Scheffler would be a tremendous addition, and aside from Owen Daniels would probably be the best TE for us available.<o:p></o:p>
Part of the reason Scheffler saw his numbers drop in <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:city> is because of their quarterback.. Cutler is more of a deep pass guy, and likes to hold the ball longer and make plays with his feet. It’s pretty much the polar opposite of Trent Edwards, who’s about game managing, making quick reads and getting rid of the ball quick. In my view, that would give Scheffler an opportunity to put up far better numbers here than he did in <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:city>.<o:p></o:p>
It’s of my extremely strong opinion that if there is any dialogue going on between Cook and the Bills, its regarding Scheffler. Again, he’s in the final year of a very cheap contract and I’m sure both sides, especially the Bills would want longer terms before giving up a draft pick to make a trade.<o:p></o:p>

pat, you know i like your inside bills info but your opinion on this one is pretty darn wrong.

first of all, scheffler and cutler are both 3 year vets in denver. scheffler only played with jake plummer for the first few games of his career.

his numbers didn't drop in 08. in fact i'd say 08 was his best season. he had more rec's in 07 but played 3 more games. his ypg and ypc were career high's in 08 as well as rec's of 20+yds.

patmoran2006
03-17-2009, 09:49 AM
I agree that its likely a discussion about Sheffler.

But there is enough to line up to make a case that its about Cutler.

1) We really liked him on draft day
2) We were recently rumored to be in the mix prior to this latest Cutler trade rumor
3) We have the most to offer in return at QB
4) We may want to upgrade at QB now considering we only have TO for one year (at this point)

Its most likely for Sheffler, it makes a ton of sense... but theres enough meat on the Cutler bone to make it at least plausible.
I dont think personally there is any meat on Cutler coming here.. I cant emphasize enough how much this organization likes Trents Edwards.

topher180
03-17-2009, 09:54 AM
I dont think personally there is any meat on Cutler coming here.. I cant emphasize enough how much this organization likes Trents Edwards.

Yeah, you're right they've made that clear. Why though? Oh, right, because he's "smart".

:poop:

Mahdi
03-17-2009, 09:57 AM
They like him ,,, they dont love him though. Because they like us have not seen from him what was hoped. So the infatuation the Bills FO supposedly has with Trent im sure is a bit overblown.

venis2k1
03-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Cost of having TE start for us this year: $450,000
Cost of having JC start for us this year: a shiny new 50 million dollar contract, And heavy draft pick compensation.

I think the bills are behind TE.

ddaryl
03-17-2009, 10:10 AM
there is 0 argument for the Bills trading for Cutler ZERO

the only ones clamoring for Cutler are Bills fans who will always want another QB...

heck even when Jimbo was QB people screamed for Frank Reich

TigerJ
03-17-2009, 10:10 AM
I agree, Cutler makes zero sense in light of the Bills recent history and team building strategy. Sheffler makes some sense.

Crowell, now that is interesting. I remember back a few months it was said that Crowell is something of a liability in the Tampa 2 because of that system's dependence on players who play with great discipline. Crowell was said to be something of a free spirit on the playing field, who would leave his area of responsibility because he thought he could make a play. He did make lots of plays, but he also missed assignments and got burned as a result. Was that assessment wrong, or do the Bills think he's learned his lesson and will play with more discipline. or will the Bills tweak their system to allow him a little more freedom, or in spite of his undisciplined tendencies to the Bills figure he's still better than anything they can sign or draft below the first round?

They obviously have to do something because all Ellison gives them is mediocrity.

clumping platelets
03-17-2009, 10:12 AM
I'll get a Tony Scheffler jersey by draft day :pray:

Mahdi
03-17-2009, 10:20 AM

the only ones clamoring for Cutler are Bills fans who will always want another QB...

heck even when Jimbo was QB people screamed for Frank Reich
1) There are many arguments. Questionable arm, play maker?, injury? Cutler is a PB QB, big arm suited for Buffalo, we have 2 downfield weapons that Trent has shown he has difficulty with that Cutler would thrive with.

2) Those who want the Cutler trade are those who like to see strong QB play in Buffalo which hasn't been seen for over 10 years. A QB that doesn't need absolutely everything in place to succeed and can rely on his skills to make things happen.

3) If there were those who genuinely wanted Reich over Kelly it was brief and they were few. Kelly is exactly what this team has been waiting for. Confident, skilled, play making QB, who can put the ball in the endzone.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-17-2009, 10:35 AM
I WOULD LOVE CUTLER. I don't care if it would cost us draft picks this knowing that we have a probowl qb on the roster. Problem is I don't see anyway they get him, they love trent. With that said if we get Scheffler and resign Crow, the offseason would of been more productive than I ever dreamed of. In fact, it prolly will be the most productive free agency we ever had.

Pinkerton Security
03-17-2009, 10:41 AM
They like him ,,, they dont love him though. Because they like us have not seen from him what was hoped. So the infatuation the Bills FO supposedly has with Trent im sure is a bit overblown.

how do you know this for sure?

DraftBoy
03-17-2009, 10:45 AM
If the Bills FO is in love with Edwards as pat makes it out to be I'm more concerned for our talent evaluation abilitied then I ever was before.

venis2k1
03-17-2009, 10:46 AM
In fact, it prolly will be the most productive free agency we ever had.

IDK, the year we grabbed Spikes, Adams, and Milloy was pretty sweet too.

jimbohastle51
03-17-2009, 10:48 AM
i never question trents talent, i question his durability. he has never been healthy for a whole season and they guys seems to get tapped on the back and need to miss 2 games a year. the hit by adrian wilson i understand, but the 2 games late in the year for a "groin" injury was just B.S., those 2 games cost us the playoffs.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-17-2009, 10:48 AM
IDK, the year we grabbed Spikes, Adams, and Milloy was pretty sweet too.

Yes that it was to. Word form sirius is have agreed to a contract with Scheffler and a trade is in the works.

Jeff1220
03-17-2009, 10:54 AM
i never question trents talent, i question his durability. he has never been healthy for a whole season and they guys seems to get tapped on the back and need to miss 2 games a year. the hit by adrian wilson i understand, but the 2 games late in the year for a "groin" injury was just B.S., those 2 games cost us the playoffs.

Two games didn't cost the Bills a playoff spot. The Pats went 11-5 and still didn't make it.

yordad
03-17-2009, 10:56 AM

heck even when Jimbo was QB people screamed for Frank ReichWrong. I am a fan of continuity. I am one who wanted JP to continue starting for this reason.

Cutler is better. I believe he has more talent. That is the only reason why.

patmoran2006
03-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Bingo Bango Bongo

ghz in pittsburgh
03-17-2009, 11:02 AM

I thought it was a money move too until I heard the outspoken Joe DeLamielleure on WGR55 the other day. He slipped a little bits on Ruben Brown asked him to watch closely how Dockery plays last year in a game they attended; it was terrible. Ruben was chopping at the bit about the money Dockery makes and the level of his play (but I understand why Ruben won't make it public himself).

Now those two are former all-pro Guards themselves. So I believe what they are talking about here. You have to believe the guys on the Bills team know this, too (hello Peters). From the management viewpoint, you just have to get rid of the guy.

ct bills fan
03-17-2009, 12:21 PM
If the Bills FO is in love with Edwards as pat makes it out to be I'm more concerned for our talent evaluation abilitied then I ever was before.

Perhaps with TO, and hopefully Sheffler onboard, Edwards will actually have receives who are open to throw to. Have we given any thought to this?

Mahdi
03-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Perhaps with TO, and hopefully Sheffler onboard, Edwards will actually have receives who are open to throw to. Have we given any thought to this?
Of course. This is a make or break year for Edwards. The TE position will be sorted out either through trade or draft. We have one of the top WR corp in the NFL. If he can't do anything but dump off to Lynch, Jackson and Reed, he's out.

TacklingDummy
03-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Of course. This is a make or break year for Edwards. The TE position will be sorted out either through trade or draft. We have one of the top WR corp in the NFL. If he can't do anything but dump off to Lynch, Jackson and Reed, he's out.

And if it's painfully obvious after 3 weeks into the season, do you have faith in Fitzpatrick?

DMBcrew36
03-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Who's to say Crowell is still the player after his injury. He could be slower and less effective - like Spikes after his injury.

Mahdi
03-17-2009, 01:45 PM
And if it's painfully obvious after 3 weeks into the season, do you have faith in Fitzpatrick?
No. But I didn't see enough of him either. I'll watch some video on him. What I really want to see is, can he make the tough throws, over the middle, down the seem, tight areas.

With receivers like Housh and Ocho you'd think he'd have better numbers.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Who's to say Crowell is still the player after his injury. He could be slower and less effective - like Spikes after his injury.

I hear ya but the achilles injury is the most devasting injury an athlete can suffer. Spikes can still play to he would of been much better than Ellison this year. Crow's was a chronic knee problem which he played through in 07 and had a great year. Sign Crow and draft Lee Robinson. Big athletic LBer who would give our back-ups some size.

DBrown77
03-17-2009, 02:41 PM
here is another crazy trade rumor with Cutler http://bleacherreport.com/articles/140554-jayc-to-dc-3-way-trade-has-5-players-moving-and-2-drafts

superbills
03-17-2009, 03:22 PM
here is another crazy trade rumor with Cutler http://bleacherreport.com/articles/140554-jayc-to-dc-3-way-trade-has-5-players-moving-and-2-drafts

That would suck for no other reason than Scheffler is included in that trade scenario. The rest of it...I don't know. I think Cleveland would be dumb to give up on Quinn for a guy who's seen as divisive and may not be any better than Quinn anyway. If I were them I would stick with Quinn and just trade for Scheffler to replace Winslow. Although, don't tell them that because I still want Scheffler in a Bills uni :D