PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Pace

acehole
03-17-2009, 09:39 AM
What about him on a one or two year deal?

He can play LT for a year or be moved to guard to prolong his career.

Getting Crow and Shefer would go a long way.

Trading Peters for 1 and 3 and a great draft
would set this team up for the next 3-5 years.

Shoot give me that vet DE from Arizona on a one year as well.

PH83
03-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Based on his play last season I'd venture to say that he's pretty much done. His knees are pretty much shot and his age is working against him. I'm sure that he'll be signed by someone who will fall in love with what he was, but if you sign him I wouldn't expect too much on gameday. The best bet for the Bills is to just get a contract hammered out with Peters and forget about the LT position for the next five or so years.

By "that DE from Arizona" I assume you're referring to Bertrand Berry. Certainly wouldn't hurt but he's a guy that much like Pace has age and injuries working against him. Granted he played well last season if you look at his past he's only finished one 16 game season in his nine year career. If he'd be willing to come in for somewhere around veteran minimum (which is about his value now) then I don't see how it would hurt the Bills. Just don't expect performance from him like you saw in 2004 when his value was at its best.

At best he's a situational pass rusher, but shouldn't be expected to come in and play a full-time role. One thing he may offer to the Bills C2 is a guy who can move inside on real obvious passing downs. His game has gone from one that revolves around speed (mostly due to injuries) to one that revolves around the power rushing game.