PDA

View Full Version : I like the Henry threads

Schobel94
05-13-2003, 04:08 PM
It's funny to see how Wys bashed the hell outa Henry and how many of you followed him. Eventhough I wasnt here b4 the season, I was a big Henry fan since his first game as a rookie. You always have your doubts, but I think he's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's the real deal.

Schobel94
05-13-2003, 04:20 PM
I think I know Wys's problem, he needs a scapegoat. He needs someone to blame all the problems of the team on. He picks a few players namely Bledsoe and Fletcher (for some reason eventhough he was the best defender we had) and bashes the hell outa them for no good reason, when its really allota ppl's faults. Indivdual players do not lose games (most of the time), and the fact is the only way to measure a players success is if they consistently help us win games, and if their mistakes do not outnumber their good plays. Everyone has bad plays, bad games, and sometimes bad seasons, so get over it. You cant have a perfect player, and I think thats what he wants, fact is that we have some damn good players, Pro Bowlers and Pro Bowl alternates. Sure, Bledsoe had some bad games in the latter part of the season. Who's fault was it? His? The O-line? The coaching? Answer: All of the above, HE did not lose games, the TEAM lost games. Bottom line Bledsoe kicks ass and Fletcher kicks more ass so Wys you're wrong! lol :)

Kevikid
05-13-2003, 07:46 PM
Wys is just a very passionate fan who has the same problem as most of us, just on the opposite side of the spectrum. We're overly quick to back the team and think Superbowl, while he is the ultimate skeptic. Both sides are too quick to jump the gun, except that we're right and Donahoe will bring us the Superbowl.

BTW, I must agree that I love the henry threads...

justasportsfan
05-13-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Kevikid
Wys is just a very passionate fan who has the same problem as most of us, just on the opposite side of the spectrum. We're overly quick to back the team and think Superbowl, while he is the ultimate skeptic. Both sides are too quick to jump the gun, except that we're right and Donahoe will bring us the Superbowl.

BTW, I must agree that I love the henry threads...

He tends to jump the gun a little too soon but you are right.He is passionate about the bills. More than myself , I admit.

WG
05-14-2003, 01:17 AM
I bashed Henry when everyone was talking that he was gonna be great w/o any sort of evidence. I graciously admitted that I was wrong, but I've been quite right about many players as well and no one talks about those.

I'll be right about Drew, that much I'm positive about. I've been right for 5 or 6 seasons on him to a T, and nothing has changed.

Henry is a top 4 NFL RB however, and that's more than McGahee is right now. So I say run Henry until he fails us. I wouldn't start McGahee until he does. If McG's happy just waiting around for that to happen, then more power to him. I just can't see it.

As to Kelsay, the knock on him is that he got beat by the best in college. Well, let's face it, that's all he's gonna face here in the NFL. So barring a massive step up, it ain't gonna happen. He'll get beat by the same level of talent on each Sunday that beat him in college. And handful of sacks against inferior competition isn't going to change my mind.

WG
05-14-2003, 01:25 AM
BTW, these opinions about me aren't fair either.

I'm highly optimistic about certain aspects of our team.

Namely,

Our OL is solid. Henry is an animal. Our WR tandem is the best in the league. I'm probably standing behind Dave Moore as a far better TE than most of you realize and I'm sure no one is bigger on him that I am.

So as I see it, other than depth, we're awesome on O!!!

I only see a DE weakness and an OLB weakness unless Posey is all that many of you say he will be.

Our secondary is the deepest and most talented that it perhaps has ever been. Our Ss may be a bit weak, we'll see. But our CBs are solid and deep.

So just b/c I'm not big on Bledsoe and Fletcher and b/c I'm not sold on Posey, shouldn't put me in any type of over critical category!

I'm probably bigger on the rest of the team than most here. And our weaknesses will bear out this season perfectly. So one way or another, we'll find out whether Bledsoe, Fletcher, and Posey are better than average or what.

SABURZFAN
05-14-2003, 02:16 AM
:eek:

you REALLY did it now,schobel.Wys will start writing novels to no end now.

:jk: Wys :biggrin:

SoCalBillsFan
05-14-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Schobel94
I think I know Wys's problem, he needs a scapegoat..... Bottom line Bledsoe kicks ass and Fletcher kicks more ass so Wys you're wrong! lol :)

Wys' problem? Being wrong? Man, didn't realizeyou weren't allowed to have passionate opinions about your team around here, and i didn't know you weren't allowed to admit you were wrong...I give props to a man who can change his mind. We sure need more of them around here...

The Spaz
05-14-2003, 07:46 AM
No it's about admitting you were wrong instead of going on a banter how to prove he is right just for the sake of it. Go Bills!

casdhf
05-14-2003, 08:27 AM
He's still mad about Shawn Bryson signing with the Lions.

:D