X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Source: Bills' Edwards "staying put"

I wrote this before all the Scheffler/SIRIUS rumors, which by the way I have still yet to hear or see a factual link regarding. That's why I mention Scheffler as a "possible" trade target.

If someone has a link from SIRIUS/NFL, etc. stating something definitive please post it.

My story on front page:

www.SalSports.com
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: Source: Bills' Edwards "staying put"

Thanks Sal. So far, no link anywhere on Scheffler.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

I knew Cutler wasn't going to happen... but the whole idea that the Bills would swap QB's was pretty funny.

I still don't understand Bills fans... A QB in Buffalo pretty much has 8 games to prove he is the next coming of Montana, Brady and Manning combined before many Bills fans demand new blood

Comment

• Raptor
        • Jan 2009

Good enough for me bring on Tony S!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
          I knew Cutler wasn't going to happen... but the whole idea that the Bills would swap QB's was pretty funny.

I still don't understand Bills fans... A QB in Buffalo pretty much has 8 games to prove he is the next coming of Montana, Brady and Manning combined before many Bills fans demand new blood
          Edwards has had 22 games so far. Im not calling him a bust. Im not saying he can't be a solid QB in this league, but Cutler is proven.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Honestly, I don't care either way.

Edwards hasn't proven anything yet and may be another bust. Cutler would be an upgrade, but he'd also be expensive (in terms of both compensation to Denver and salary), and he has an attitude problem, so I wouldn't be 100% sold on him anyway.

Long story short, I wouldn't mind the upgrade but I'm not upset that it didn't happen.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
              • May 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
              Edwards has had 22 games so far. Im not calling him a bust. Im not saying he can't be a solid QB in this league, but Cutler is proven.
              That's comical...

Cutler:
              17-20 career record, 62.5% career completion percentage, 87.1 career rating

Edwards:
              12-11 career record, 61.6% career completion percentage, 79.1 career rating

I'm not sure how Cutler is really any more "proven" than Trent, except that he's played an extra season's worth of games.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl

Not funny at all really

Its not about giving a guy too much or not enough time to prove himself, it is about acquiring a proving probowler for a guy with potential. Why wouldn't you do this? Don't get me wrong I am for Edwards and believe he could succeed.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                  That's comical...

Cutler:

Edwards:

I'm not sure how Cutler is really any more "proven" than Trent, except that he's played an extra season's worth of games.
                  One went to the probowl the other hasn't. Doesn't mean Trent won't be better down the road but so far based on what we have Culter is more proven.
                  Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-17-2009, 11:58 AM.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Cutler's proven he can win games or lose them. The quantity is proven, but not the quality.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

That's comical...

Cutler:

Edwards:

To say that Cutler is not a more proven QB is ludicrous.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        One went to the probowl the other hassn't. Doesn't mean Trent won't be better down the road but so far based on what we have Culter is more proven.
                        Pro Bowl means nothing to me personally... My point is that neither of them have been overly impressive thus far. We know Cutler has a cannon for an arm and has put up big numbers on occassion, but he's also prone to turnovers and a bad attitude, along with telling everybody just how great he thinks he is, we don't have much real evidence that he's going to be a successful franchise QB.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          To say that Cutler is not a more proven QB is ludicrous.
                          That's a real easy statement to make, how about putting some substance into it and tell me WHY you think he's so proven?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

Edwards is loved by the coaches he wasnt going anywhere, now i hope this is true abotu Scheffler he is the addition Trent really needs to get this offense moving in the right direction
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Pro Bowl means nothing to me personally... My point is that neither of them have been overly impressive thus far. We know Cutler has a cannon for an arm and has put up big numbers on occassion, but he's also prone to turnovers and a bad attitude, along with telling everybody just how great he thinks he is, we don't have much real evidence that he's going to be a successful franchise QB.

Although there are other circumstances that lead to such FACTS/stats , it's better than what you got other than you're a abills fan.
                              nuff said.
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-17-2009, 12:04 PM.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X