PDA

View Full Version : Our offense has a shot at being insanely good!

HHURRICANE
03-17-2009, 11:31 AM
If Scheffler signs here we would have Evans, Owens, Sheffler and Reed on the field with Lynch and Jackson and an emerging Johnson. Sorry but that's sick.

We need a left guard and I hope the Bills figure out a way to trade with KC and not risk sticking a rookie in their.

Our offense could easily be top 5 in the league.

Syderick
03-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Bills could be, but they've got to have good play calling too.

tat2dmike77
03-17-2009, 11:36 AM
And a QB

Aero II
03-17-2009, 11:44 AM
We'll have so many weapons that can pic up the last 3 yards when we throw a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 8.

ddaryl
03-17-2009, 11:44 AM
And a QB

We have a QB that is more then capable... Jesus, Edwards is still coming into his own and will benefit greatly from the increase in weapons...

Cutler had lots of wepons in Denver, and The Bills had limited weapons in Buffalo... Edwards may be more of a dink and dunk QB, but that was also do to the fact we were extremly limited in field stretchers...

Just build the OL now get us a G and see if we can get Peters to sign an extension that he deserves, not one he thinks he deserves and our O will be in great shape

Sign Crowell and get us a pass rushing DE

OpIv37
03-17-2009, 11:46 AM
No LG, question marks at C and LG, star running back suspended at the start of the season, Jauron still the HC- I just don't see it.

Philagape
03-17-2009, 11:46 AM
The Bills were a dink-and-dunk offense last year no matter who was the QB. We had dink-and-dunk receivers.

alohabillsfan
03-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Yes, we have weapons, it still comes down to the QB....

Thurmal
03-17-2009, 11:49 AM
It's all going to hinge on whether Jauron and Schonert want to take the reigns off Edwards and let him throw, or if they want to continue to be big wusses.

tat2dmike77
03-17-2009, 11:52 AM
We have a QB that is more then capable... Jesus, Edwards is still coming into his own and will benefit greatly from the increase in weapons...

Cutler had lots of wepons in Denver, and The Bills had limited weapons in Buffalo... Edwards may be more of a dink and dunk QB, but that was also do to the fact we were extremly limited in field stretchers...

Just build the OL now get us a G and see if we can get Peters to sign an extension that he deserves, not one he thinks he deserves and our O will be in great shape

Look i'm not a Edwards Hater (nor was i a losman licker) why do you feel the need to come to his defense. My feeling is he has not proven to me yet that he can be a franchise QB. I'm not expecting him to be Montana, Brady and Manning by year two. But i am expecting better numbers then what he has put up. I am expecting him to win us games. I don't want Edwards to fail that would be stupid but right now he has not proven to me that he is going to be the franchise QB that everyone expects him too be. Just because Bill Walsh says this guy has the potential to be the guy does not mean it will happen.

OpIv37
03-17-2009, 11:52 AM
It's all going to hinge on whether Jauron and Schonert want to take the reigns off Edwards and let him throw, or if they want to continue to be big wusses.

well remember the Cleveland game? You can't blame them for being hesitant.

But yes, they are big wusses, and no, they won't let Edwards throw.

Lexwhat
03-17-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm starting to think this Scheffler rumor is bogus.

The Spaz
03-17-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm starting to think this Scheffler rumor is bogus.

Me too!!:mad:

yordad
03-17-2009, 12:11 PM
No LG, question marks at C and LG, star running back suspended at the start of the season, Jauron still the HC- I just don't see it.AaaNnDdd... you won't believe until you do no matter what anyways.

LOL, me either.

yordad
03-17-2009, 12:30 PM
The Bills were a dink-and-dunk offense last year no matter who was the QB. We had dink-and-dunk receivers.Gesh, you just won't quit making excuse for Trent will ya. Evans is the farthest from a dink and dunk WR as there is in the entire league. Oh, and Rosco isn't exactly slow. The previous year they didnked with Price. He used to be a mega-deap-threat.

TacklingDummy
03-17-2009, 12:34 PM
If Scheffler signs here we would have Evans, Owens, Sheffler and Reed on the field with Lynch and Jackson and an emerging Johnson. Sorry but that's sick.

We need a left guard and I hope the Bills figure out a way to trade with KC and not risk sticking a rookie in their.

Our offense could easily be top 5 in the league. Depending on how Trent plays you could be right.

Philagape
03-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Gesh, you just won't quit making excuse for Trent will ya. Evans is the farthest from a dink and dunk WR as there is in the entire league. Oh, and Rosco isn't exactly slow. The previous year they didnked with Price. He used to be a mega-deap-threat.

It takes TWO threats to be a legit receiving corps.

Parrish has never been any kind of a threat when playing offense. Fast does not mean good.

I'm making excuses for any QB not going long here. The most ridiculous D&D game last year, one of the worst I've ever seen, was JP against the Jets.

DrGraves
03-17-2009, 12:46 PM
If you had Peyton Manning, LT, T.O. Moss and Larry Fitzgerald. BUT no LT and LG like we don't... the offense would SUCK

yordad
03-17-2009, 12:55 PM
It takes TWO threats to be a legit receiving corps.

Parrish has never been any kind of a threat when playing offense. Fast does not mean good.

I'm making excuses for any QB not going long here. The most ridiculous D&D game last year, one of the worst I've ever seen, was JP against the Jets.
They have speed. The speed to get down field.

LOL, you must have missed the Browns game were our WRs combined for like 3 catches, while Lynch had double digit catches.

Oh yeah, we din't throw it to Lee the ENTIRE game despite the fact he was WIDE open several times.

Gesh, that shot just got REJECTED.

Philagape
03-17-2009, 01:55 PM
They have speed. The speed to get down field.

LOL, you must have missed the Browns game were our WRs combined for like 3 catches, while Lynch had double digit catches.

Oh yeah, we din't throw it to Lee the ENTIRE game despite the fact he was WIDE open several times.

Gesh, that shot just got REJECTED.

Can you come up with anything more substantial and less simplistic, limited and anecdotal?
Because there's nothing there to respond to that already hasn't been addressed.
Like I said, speed doesn't equate to being a threat. There have been track stars in the NFL who were total busts.
Parrish has quickness, not deep speed. Learn the difference before you get snotty. Being as short as he is, he has no stride. You need stride to have straight-line speed. And forget about him beating the jam underneath.
Picking out any one game means nothing when for YEARS the Bills have had trouble putting together some sort of deep game. Once the league caught on to Evans, game over. Shut him down, and you shut the Bills down. Sorry, but I don't trust your observation or your evaluation. How can anyone when you thought JP was a good QB?
Speaking of which, want another one-game example? Why did JP throw all short against the Jets when he's supposed to have a big arm? You didn't reject that because you didn't touch that. (shocker there)
Your track record is too embarassing to be patting yourself on the back for something that just confirms it.

jamze132
03-17-2009, 03:47 PM
This teams biggest problem over the past 9 years is due to not having better lines. You don't need stars throwing, catching, or running the ball if both of your lines are top notch.

We seem to always focus our energy on getting "playmakers" when we should be focused on building the best line possible, either through FA or the draft.

topher180
03-17-2009, 04:53 PM

I agree with many of your posts ddaryl but like has been said, I don't understand why you and a few others get so defensive. Forget about Cutler. Let's talk about Trent. He has "upside", absolutely. Bright guy, good athelete, leadership qualities...check. But in the NFL all we really have to go by is actual, on field play. His sample size is somewhat limited I agree, but until he is more consistent and proves he can stretch the field more, skepticism is what many fans will have. Can you blame them, given this teams recent history? Not to mention, he looked flat out scared when he came back from the concussion last year.

I want Edwards to succeed, and I think he can...but he's only succeeded at mediocrity thus far.

MPN
03-17-2009, 05:00 PM

Our offense could easily be top 5 in the league.

I hope so, we are definately better off with TO taking the heat off Evans. Also, I love the mention of my man Stevie Johnson, he has the game in him, Im hoping TO will help him in the right direction. Top 5 offense seems a bit of a stretch to me, even if they learn to be consistant I'll be happy.