PDA

View Full Version : Tellqvist to start, Peters replaces Mair

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Kanata, ON (WGR 550) -- Mikael Tellqvist gets his first start as a Sabre tonight in Ottawa. It breaks Patrick Lalime's streak of nine straight starts. In his only action with Buffalo, Tellqvist played 14 minutes in Philadelphia making three saves and letting in one goal. His last start was February 19th vs Atlanta. He won 4-3 in a shootout making 22 saves. This season he's 7-5-1 with a 2.89 goals against and .905 save percentage. He's not worried about it being almost a month in between starts.

The Sabres are dressing Andrew Peters for the injured Adam Mair. He hasn't played in ten games and has dressed just once in the last 18. Sitting out will be Teppo Numminen, Matt Ellis, Clarke MacArthur and Nathan Paetsch.
http://www.wgr550.com/Tellqvist-to-start--Peters-replaces-Mair/4034704

OpIv37
03-17-2009, 11:59 AM
well, those are both downgrades.

Why would Lindy start Tellvquist now? It's been two 3 days since the last game, it's 3 days until the next game..... seems like it would make more sense to play him on Fri or Sat.

Nighthawk
03-17-2009, 12:35 PM
I can understand going with Tellqvist because Lalime hasn't been able to hold leads lately and he was brutal against Ottawa in their last meeting. However, can somebody please tell me why Peters is playing and you would call up one of the young kids from Portland? Ruff is starting to concern me and he just keeps making stupid decisions.

OpIv37
03-17-2009, 12:56 PM
I can understand going with Tellqvist because Lalime hasn't been able to hold leads lately and he was brutal against Ottawa in their last meeting. However, can somebody please tell me why Peters is playing and you would call up one of the young kids from Portland? Ruff is starting to concern me and he just keeps making stupid decisions.

the only sense I can make out of it is that Peters is physical, like Mair (although Mair is a much better overall hockey player). We don't have any physical forwards ready to be called up.

Either that, or he wants someone to throw down. After all, we are playing those Ottawa scumbags. Someone needs to make sure Ruutu leaves on a stretcher.

Nighthawk
03-17-2009, 05:35 PM
the only sense I can make out of it is that Peters is physical, like Mair (although Mair is a much better overall hockey player). We don't have any physical forwards ready to be called up.

Either that, or he wants someone to throw down. After all, we are playing those Ottawa scumbags. Someone needs to make sure Ruutu leaves on a stretcher.

True, but you can't bring a physical presence to this team from the bench.

rbochan
03-18-2009, 07:58 AM
True, but you can't bring a physical presence to this team from the bench.
Yep, that 2:09 TOI was amazing!