PDA

View Full Version : Cook was not in BUF

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2009, 12:10 PM
The agent for Denver quarterback Jay Cutler and Denver tight end Tony Scheffler was not in Buffalo on Monday, according to his assistant.

Cook was in his office in Hattiesburg, Miss., all day yesterday and is there again today, his assistant reports. A local radio report Monday night said Cook was in Buffalo.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2009/03/cook-was-not-in-buf.html

The Spaz
03-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Good job Ruben and Moulds!:shakeno:

WeAreArthurMoates
03-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Seriously Ruben it's best to keep your fat mouth shut.

OpIv37
03-17-2009, 12:16 PM
lmao- well at least Ruben made the last day or two quite interesting.

No Cutler, no Scheffler.

Damn, it's amazing how one big signing instantly makes us forget how this team really operates.

FlyingDutchman
03-17-2009, 12:19 PM
gaaaaaaay

Nighthawk
03-17-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm not saying he was here or he wasn't here, but do you really think that his assistant would just say "Well, yes, he was in Buffalo yesterday working on a trade/contract for Scheffler." I don't think that would happen.

bigbub2352
03-17-2009, 12:30 PM
way to go losers with nothing to do Riter and all them
well i hope we actually do trade for Scheffler

mayotm
03-17-2009, 12:31 PM
I heard Big Foot was spotted at the Buffalo airport yesterday. Waiting on confirmation.

justasportsfan
03-17-2009, 12:32 PM
maybe it was David Cook.

The Spaz
03-17-2009, 12:34 PM
maybe it was David Cook.

Or Dane Cook.

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Dane-Cook-hb03.jpg

justasportsfan
03-17-2009, 12:39 PM
maybe it wasn't about Sheffler but Shefter for Chris Brown.

Jeff1220
03-17-2009, 12:41 PM
maybe it wasn't about Sheffler but Shefter for Chris Brown.

I'd even toss in McCargo for that deal.

ddaryl
03-17-2009, 12:53 PM
isn't the internet wonderful

jimbohastle51
03-17-2009, 01:01 PM
just because his secratary said that he wasnt in buffalo doesnt mean he wasnt. do you honestly think his office would say "ya he was/is in buffalo and working on a trade for jay cutler and/or tony scheffler, have a nice day" seriously guys! he probably was or is, and its for scheffler, i honestly after reading into this do not in any way think it is for cutler. i think the bills want to unload jon mcargo and they want to add scheffler.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2009, 02:58 PM
I want to kill somebody.

The idea that the Bills would actually address the tight end situation sounded to good to be true.

OpIv37
03-17-2009, 03:13 PM
just because his secratary said that he wasnt in buffalo doesnt mean he wasnt. do you honestly think his office would say "ya he was/is in buffalo and working on a trade for jay cutler and/or tony scheffler, have a nice day" seriously guys! he probably was or is, and its for scheffler, i honestly after reading into this do not in any way think it is for cutler. i think the bills want to unload jon mcargo and they want to add scheffler.

well, it could go either way. If Scheffler and/or Cutler want to be traded, their agent would WANT other teams to know to drive up the price. It makes Denver more likely to trade and may get their client a better payoff.

In addition, this agent and his assistant have to work with the media. They can't blatantly lie to these people and expect to get help from them in the future.

jamze132
03-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Who cares if he was in Buffalo or not? It's not like they have to talk face to face to get a deal done. It's the new millennium!

Mudflap1
03-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Who cares if he was in Buffalo or not? It's not like they have to talk face to face to get a deal done. It's the new millennium!

That's true. However, all of the speculation regarding Scheffler and Cutler related to the sighting of Cook being in town. The fact he wasn't means the information was bad, which means that all of the information about Scheffler and Cutler has to be taken as being likely flawed. So basically there is no linkage between the Bills and Scheffler/Cutler at this point. Doesn't mean it's impossible to get a deal done, it just means there's no smoke, which means there's likely no fire.

MPN
03-17-2009, 05:07 PM
I heard Big Foot was spotted at the Buffalo airport yesterday. Waiting on confirmation.

Did he have an agent with him!?

jimbohastle51
03-17-2009, 05:12 PM
he probably was/is here, but the reality is we have a glaring need at TE and like to pay young up and coming players and usually not established top tier expensive free agents. he represents the perfect client for us for our TE position need. scheffler is a young stud who has had 2 solid seasons and is exactly a buffalo type of guy. he went to a small school in michigan and is used to the weather and he is also the big target at TE we have wanted at 6'5" 250lbs.

clumping platelets
03-17-2009, 05:46 PM

I live near the airport..........nothing

jimbohastle51
03-17-2009, 05:59 PM
i still think scheffler will be a buffalo bill. we may have a contract done and are working on trade compensation. maybe we are trying to get them to take mcargo along with a lesser pick. after thinking about it, i dont see them letting scheffler walk for less than a 4th but most likely a 3rd.

jamze132
03-18-2009, 03:59 PM
That's true. However, all of the speculation regarding Scheffler and Cutler related to the sighting of Cook being in town. The fact he wasn't means the information was bad, which means that all of the information about Scheffler and Cutler has to be taken as being likely flawed. So basically there is no linkage between the Bills and Scheffler/Cutler at this point. Doesn't mean it's impossible to get a deal done, it just means there's no smoke, which means there's likely no fire.
Dude, you are preaching to the quire. I never believed a word of the Cutler/Scheffler crap.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-18-2009, 04:27 PM
i still think scheffler will be a buffalo bill. we may have a contract done and are working on trade compensation. maybe we are trying to get them to take mcargo along with a lesser pick. after thinking about it, i dont see them letting scheffler walk for less than a 4th but most likely a 3rd.

Man I hope so, if we get him, we can just wait till the draft for linebacker.