PDA

View Full Version : Peppers To Pats deal is off?

Syderick
03-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Here's the article that I found:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/17/schefter-says-peppers-to-pats-wont-happen/

OpIv37
03-17-2009, 01:39 PM
that's the best news I've heard in a while.

Now we just have to keep Cutler away from the Jets somehow.

Mski
03-17-2009, 01:42 PM
good news, now trade every single one of our d linemen, except for straud, for him and get him a bills uni

/sarcasm

/not really

psubills62
03-17-2009, 01:43 PM
that's the best news I've heard in a while.

Now we just have to keep Cutler away from the Jets somehow.

It doesn't seem like they are real players in the Cutler trade possibilities. Denver has said quite a few times that they don't want draft picks in return, they want a starting QB. I doubt McDaniels would be happy with Kellen Clemens.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Now we just have to keep Cutler away from the Jets somehow.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Seriously that's the last team I want to see get a qb. I know that there keeping an eye on the Cutler situation but they don't seem like they will be huge players in the deal. No veterans that the broncos would want and the Jets would literaly give away there whole draft. Plus, I only see Denver trading him to an NFC team.

OpIv37
03-17-2009, 02:22 PM
It doesn't seem like they are real players in the Cutler trade possibilities. Denver has said quite a few times that they don't want draft picks in return, they want a starting QB. I doubt McDaniels would be happy with Kellen Clemens.

I see your point, but that means that any trading partner would need to have a) a starting QB and b) a desire to trade for Cutler. There aren't too many teams that fit that criteria. Denver may have to bend on that a little or else they may get stuck with him.

For the moment, though, it's good news.

psubills62
03-17-2009, 02:42 PM
I see your point, but that means that any trading partner would need to have a) a starting QB and b) a desire to trade for Cutler. There aren't too many teams that fit that criteria. Denver may have to bend on that a little or else they may get stuck with him.

For the moment, though, it's good news.

Haha I know...I'm not sure why Denver wants to trade a Pro-Bowl QB for another starting QB? If Denver is that interested in trading him, I'm guessing they're going to have to settle for draft picks.

I'm hoping they end up shipping him to Detroit or someplace like that.

But knowing the AFC East, the Patriots will probably acquire him to back up Brady haha.

madness
03-17-2009, 02:49 PM
There was no deal to begin with.

Goobylal
03-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Trading Peppers for the 34th overall pick seemed incredible. And I guess there was a reason for that.

DynaPaul
03-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Awesome. Glad he isn't going to New England. It did say NE was gonna get Jason Taylor but who cares about his old ass?

Goobylal
03-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Awesome. Glad he isn't going to New England. It did say NE was gonna get Jason Taylor but who cares about his old ass?
Especially at 3-4 OLB.

MPN
03-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the link, it is good news. Wish we could get him here, but it does seem like it is just that, wishful thinking.

Goobylal
03-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Tom Curran also thinks it won't happen: http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2009/03/peppers-to-pats-unlikely.html